Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Last Mythal trilogy
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2020 :  05:12:04  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
WOW... many questions...

So Araeavin became a High Mage in the end, using the short-cut of the Dlardrageth Selu'Kiira? A Half-Celestial? What?

He goes on to become one of the most powerful elven spellcasters in 1375 DR and beyond? Almost single-handedly banishes Malkizid-The Branded King. (No small feat of power).

He helped Lamruil Moonflower, the Prince of Evermeet, discover Frost elves and helped build a powerful ice kingdom before being thrown down by a family of White Dragons??

Mod edit: Moving to a more appropriate shelf.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 12 Apr 2020 05:41:17

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2020 :  03:23:40  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone? He did get his epic spells from the Selu'Kiira right?
Go to Top of Page

jordanz
Senior Scribe

553 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2020 :  07:43:23  Show Profile  Visit jordanz's Homepage Send jordanz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

WOW... many questions...

So Araeavin became a High Mage in the end, using the short-cut of the Dlardrageth Selu'Kiira? A Half-Celestial? What?

He goes on to become one of the most powerful elven spellcasters in 1375 DR and beyond? Almost single-handedly banishes Malkizid-The Branded King. (No small feat of power).

He helped Lamruil Moonflower, the Prince of Evermeet, discover Frost elves and helped build a powerful ice kingdom before being thrown down by a family of White Dragons??

Mod edit: Moving to a more appropriate shelf.

From what I can recall he never overpowered Malkizid, he tricked him into banishing himself. I dont know whatever happened to him after that.

Good question though...I wonder what happened to Fflar...is he still alive?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2020 :  11:53:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fflar stayed in the reborn Myth Drannor, as I recall, with its new ruler, whose name escapes me.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2020 :  14:11:10  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Araeavin became an Eladrin from what I remember. I haven't read those books in over 10 years. Good novels.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2020 :  00:05:12  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Fflar stayed in the reborn Myth Drannor, as I recall, with its new ruler, whose name escapes me.

Ilsevele Miritar the new Coronal
Go to Top of Page

sillaric_culdanin
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2020 :  05:44:08  Show Profile  Visit sillaric_culdanin's Homepage Send sillaric_culdanin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just curiously, has any official lore been released on the final fate of Fflar or Ilsevele (or their magical swords) with the 5e addition of the mutual destruction of Myth Drannor and Shade Enclave?

Last living Paladin and Adept of the Ruby Legion of Alankier
Go to Top of Page

maransreth
Learned Scribe

Australia
157 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2020 :  09:58:59  Show Profile Send maransreth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Sillaric,
This is what I have from a few different sources, which i stupidly forgot to keep the link when i compiled the events post Spellplague:

13 Marpenoth 1487 (after the city of Shade crashed into Myth Drannor)
• The Srinshee sacrifices herself to wrest the stolen Weave energy from Larloch and Telamont and bolster Mystra's new Weave. She also teleports Ilsevele Miritar and Fflar Melruth to safety in Semberholme.

What happened after that is apparently up to the DM.
Go to Top of Page

jordanz
Senior Scribe

553 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2020 :  04:40:34  Show Profile  Visit jordanz's Homepage Send jordanz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always thought there should have been a novel set based on the Demron and his Bane Blades. Demron supposedly died 2 years after creating the Foebane, but perhaps he had a greater purpose for all the blades?

Just brainstorming a bit.... Maybe the blades can be brought together (under some very discriminating circumstances )to create some sort of super weapon that could only be wielded by an elven quasi deity champion in defense of the ancient elven homeland- Evermeet.

Perhaps that champion is FFlar himself..after receiving a boon from the goddess who resurrected him.. Sorry sometimes my imagination gets the best of me :)

Edited by - jordanz on 08 May 2020 04:41:23
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2020 :  05:22:36  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ilsevele Miritar is her name. Lover and betrothed to Araevin Teshurr. The High Mage in question. She lost her love for him as he grew deeper into the lore of the Dralgradeth Selu'Kiira. He chose to be a higher being than that permitted to a Sun Elf Archwizard, as he once was.

As the Novel opens... he's pretty much a Archwizard waiting for the induction of being a High Mage. But hello... He's far too young to take on that teachings. He ends up mastering the Dlardrageth lore gem and using it's knowledge to stop a ancient evil to the elven people throughout the realms in 1374-1375 DR.
Go to Top of Page

King Libertine
Seeker

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  02:52:55  Show Profile Send King Libertine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Ilsevele Miritar is her name. Lover and betrothed to Araevin Teshurr. The High Mage in question. She lost her love for him as he grew deeper into the lore of the Dralgradeth Selu'Kiira. He chose to be a higher being than that permitted to a Sun Elf Archwizard, as he once was.

As the Novel opens... he's pretty much a Archwizard waiting for the induction of being a High Mage. But hello... He's far too young to take on that teachings. He ends up mastering the Dlardrageth lore gem and using it's knowledge to stop a ancient evil to the elven people throughout the realms in 1374-1375 DR.

That is what I remember reading. I wish we had heard more about the results of the Moon elf in Evereska that learned the Shadow weave and used it against the Shadovar. The Return of The Archwizards was the trilogy. He was a bit of a rogue as far as his personality. What was he?... A Fighter/ Sorcerer/ Tomb Guardian of Evereska. I think. That was game stats... the book made him much more powerful. I think gev had him right at fighter 5/ sorcerer 5/ Shadow Adept 10. As the books call it, I would say he was a 20 CR PC.

I could be terribly wrong, but I am just saying that sometimes, weird stuff applies to all of us. Especially things that we don't agree with.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11689 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  15:23:59  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::waves::

Hey CEV. Do you like talking to yourself or something? Seems kind of odd, because we all know that you would remember the same thing as you yourself remember, but hey, I've talked to myself too, so I understand.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Erikor
Seeker

Norway
60 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2021 :  22:23:56  Show Profile Send Erikor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

It's been a couple of years since I read it but I believe it's said several times that Araevin is too young to be a high mage, even though he's powerful enough considering his age. He's a natural but since he's still young (in Elven terms), they question his wisdom or something. He's told to live and learn another century. If I remember correctly.
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2021 :  00:29:19  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Half of the side effect from this series was the rebirth of Myth Drannor, which Ed put the whammy on and crushed it under Shade. So it is ruins again, with a mountain crushing it and another shadow city squished underneath.

Definitely not a subtle message. Myth Drannor should be a ruin. Netheril should be a fallen empire. Two birds, one enclave.

As far as the characters go, I look at this book series as a how to break apart canon how-to guide. You don't like that a character died in a novel? - you can resurrect them, no matter how much time is passed, just get a god to approve and write one line of motivation about how they felt it was duty. Don't like the restrictions on High Magic? That's ok, everyone can do high magic if they learn the right spells.

I think the worst part of the books was the closing of the gate-plane. I would have loved for that to be flushed out - very interesting. I also like the idea of a Big Bad devil stealing the hearts and minds of elves over the eons and causing basically every bad thing that ever happened to them through his subtle manipulation.

Edited by - The Masked Mage on 06 Sep 2021 00:31:53
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2021 :  00:43:23  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also think the most important thing to remember about Araeavin is that he is no longer an elf. His act was one of sacrifice, even though he didn't know it at the time - he gave up his "humanity" or elvishness, in order to seek power. He is now both greater and less than. His tie to Arvandor and Corellon was cut, replaced with a tie to the planes. I think it is clear that he was gone from Toril before the time of the Spellplague - off doing planar things.

Now, part of your question is "what did he become"? This is an interesting one. At the end of the day, I settled on Tulani based on the specific wording in the novel, as both are called "Faerie Lords". Note that this is before the Eladrin Eldarin retcons occurred with Abeir and Toril and all.

I kind of like the idea of there being a ritual that allows one to turn into a greater planar being. This explains about 90 percent of the "where do these come from questions" when taken to the extremes. The infinite beings of the infinite planes have discovered such rituals over time to advance in a sort of hierarchy of power. How does a minor devil become a major one? Same way. This is how Malkazid knows the ritual, and he taught it to the elves.

Depending on alignment and nature, the rituals require either stealing or seizing of power, or in this case, the willing gift of it.

Edited by - The Masked Mage on 06 Sep 2021 00:47:53
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000