Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 ELFSHADOW on sale via BookBub
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2395 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2020 :  17:57:29  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was pleasantly shocked to learn that BookBub is running a $.99 sale on the ebook of ELFSHADOW, which was published in 1991 as part of the Harper series.

https://www.bookbub.com/books/elfshadow-by-elaine-cunningham?buy=&ebook_deal®ion=us

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2020 :  18:09:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elfshadow remains the only Forgotten Realms novel that I read in its entirety on the day I received it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2020 :  07:58:05  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Elfshadow remains the only Forgotten Realms novel that I read in its entirety on the day I received it.

Not sure I did that, but Elfshadow and its sequels are still among the top Realms stories! Danilo Thann and Arilyn are great creations, Elaith is one of the greatest “take an existing character and run with it” feats ever, and the portrayal of Khelben added layers to that character.
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2020 :  14:15:21  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very great characters indeed. I love the characters and the setting. Absolutely hate the ending. I've bought all your books Elaine in both softcover and ebook now! Glad this one is on sale for new readers.

Edited by - Seravin on 05 Apr 2020 14:15:52
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2020 :  15:32:04  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's to hate about the ending?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2020 :  21:56:02  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sent you a PM George, this isn't the place for a criticism of such a beloved work!
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2020 :  01:56:42  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elfsong was my point-master of Elaith Craulnober. Elfshadow was killer asd wicked sweet, but Elfsong was the book that made the NPC's that I love so dearly.

That scene where Elaith did the ancient elven Blade-dance by the campfire still plays in my mind whenever I'm near a firepit. That scene alone stole my heart and won me over for such a rogue as Elaith Craulnober.
Go to Top of Page

Drumheller
Acolyte

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2020 :  08:11:56  Show Profile Send Drumheller a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I'm currently reading Elfsong, just started and enjoying it. Before my state went on Stay At Home orders, I stopped by my local bookstore and found Elfsong, along with a few other pick ups. When done, I'll have to go back and read Elfshadow and then the others.

Best,
Drumheller

Organizer, The Edgemont Roleplaying and Adventurers Club. Brea, Ca
Go to Top of Page

KraziJoe
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2020 :  19:48:54  Show Profile Send KraziJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ironically, I was cleaning out the basement and found a lot of my FR novels. I found my First Edition book of ElfSong. And I found the reprint, LOL...Guess I forgot I had it...Now I am sitting here looking for Cataloging software so I can get a list of my library...
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2020 :  04:01:20  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You should do a hidden mini- novel about the missing people in your last story and post it to a publisher who will take it straight to spoken words. Audiobooks is one way to surcumvent the mainstream FR book nazi's. Other is fanmail. You choose. either way, if you feel that energy in your finger tips, then you know you're writing well.

I write primarily about elves and their history, thanks to you Elaine. Just imagine all your unwritten tales, adventures, and follies that await us all. I for one can wait on my death bed for this old tale.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000