Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Well met - old and new DM here
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Harksen
Acolyte

Denmark
5 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2020 :  10:59:42  Show Profile Send Harksen a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello everyone,

I have returned to roleplaying and the Realms after almost 15 years away. That darn "real life" got in the way

It feels good being back in the Realms. I am the DM. It is my old campaign with most of the original members of the adventuring band, "The Warriors of the Moon", and it is great fun for us all. The players enjoy playing their old PCs, now a few years older (personally and in character).

I decided to stick to the rules I knew, which is to say it is a 2e game, and my FR timeline includes the fall of Netheril and the accessories and books published at the time (in the real world, haha), but no other "big events" in the official timeline since then.

I am considering getting the PCs to Kara-Tur, more specifically Wa. If I want to ask about game experiences from you guys from that region, where should I post my question here in Candlekeep?

Regards,

Henrikus

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2020 :  19:15:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Running the Realms is probably your best bet, that way you can hear from other GMs discussing their campaigns.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2020 :  20:48:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2020 :  14:34:52  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Welcome to Candlekeep. I'm glad thou hast returned to the realms and to the greatest library of knowledge and lore.

Thy questions could best be placed in Running the Realms, as stated by Arivia.

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Harksen
Acolyte

Denmark
5 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2020 :  19:53:54  Show Profile Send Harksen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you. It is good to be back in the Realms again, and I like what I've read here on the Candlekeep site already.

I will go to Running the Realms, then. Thanks for the advice

Henrikus
Go to Top of Page

SplendidBrain
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2020 :  23:19:01  Show Profile Send SplendidBrain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have also resumed running the realms again after a lengthier hiatus.

Campaign will be running the 3.5 version with own campaign storyline from 1370's and onwards.

The areas of play includes Waterdeep, Amn, the North and some in the East (Rha-Khati and Sou Long).

One of my players has a high leve rogue who has set up a guild in Waterdeep and is taking on Shadow thieves. We play a lot of high level cloak&dagger and there are sessions where nothing gets hurt or killed. Politics, subterfuge and manipulation schemes run the day.

HI to all and looking forward to exchange information.
Go to Top of Page

Compaste
Acolyte

21 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2020 :  14:09:40  Show Profile Send Compaste a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back Harksen.
Go to Top of Page

Harksen
Acolyte

Denmark
5 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2020 :  19:25:54  Show Profile Send Harksen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SplendidBrain

I have also resumed running the realms again after a lengthier hiatus.

Campaign will be running the 3.5 version with own campaign storyline from 1370's and onwards.

The areas of play includes Waterdeep, Amn, the North and some in the East (Rha-Khati and Sou Long).

One of my players has a high leve rogue who has set up a guild in Waterdeep and is taking on Shadow thieves. We play a lot of high level cloak&dagger and there are sessions where nothing gets hurt or killed. Politics, subterfuge and manipulation schemes run the day.

HI to all and looking forward to exchange information.

That sounds great, all of it, like good fun My campaign, this time, has been in and around The High Forest and Silverymoon. That was natural, considering where we stopped back in the day. It's been good for us, getting a bearing in the familiar Realms etc. But now things have started to change... Kara-Tur, here we come

Henrikus
Go to Top of Page

Harksen
Acolyte

Denmark
5 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2020 :  19:28:43  Show Profile Send Harksen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Compaste

Welcome back Harksen.

Thanks, Compaste.

Henrikus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000