Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Race specific Shadow Template for Shadar-Kai
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2019 :  22:00:55  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I wanted to create a Shadow Template for a Shadar Kai elf character that was more powerful than a Shadow-Walker, but not as powerful as a Shade. I looked at the Shadow Creature template and liked a few things, but wanted to make it race specific I guess.

Shadow-Walker is a CR+1 and a Shade is a CR+4. So I would like to aim between a CR+2 and a CR+3. I am accepting all and any ideas at this point. Give me fluff, give me stats... I'll take anything right now.

Otherwise I will begin by cherry-picking what I like from the shadow-walker, Shade and Shadow-creature templates alike.

Any contributions will be noted and given due credit when I post the homebrew template.

Thank you,
CEV

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2019 :  06:54:44  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Try the 'Dark Creature' template, found in Cormyr: Tearing of the Weave adventure, page 152. It adds the following to the existing Creature:

• CR +1
• LA +1
• Type: extraplanar if outside the Plane of Shadow
• Resist: cold 10
• alignment: usually one step away, rarely good.
• Speed: +10 to all natural forms of movement
• Senses: Superior Low-Light vision, 4x better as humans in low light
• Special qualities: Hide in Plain Sight
• Skills: +8 racial bonus to Hide checks and +6 to move silently checks.

Edit: note that CR and LA are different measurements, not added together

Edited by - Diffan on 26 Dec 2019 06:56:39
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000