Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Valdyr "the Beardless"
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Renin
Learned Scribe

USA
290 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2020 :  20:49:46  Show Profile Send Renin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My campaign will look to be sailing into the Moonsea area in their coming months. A trip to Phlan is being grudginly planned. Perhaps a stop in Melvaunt, and a minstrel's tale, will bring the memory of Valdyr back around.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2020 :  22:44:40  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That would be cool!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2020 :  16:34:40  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader Darden,

That is amazing that your son is DM'ing 1e! How long has he been playing 1e? What made him decide to go with 1e?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

My son is going to Dungeon Master his first 1e AD&D Forgotten Realms campaign and I'm the only player right now. To make sure I'm "covered" as well as possible I've opted to play a dwarven Fighter/Cleric named Valdyr "the Beardless" of Clanggedin Silverbeard.

Valdyr is from the Dragonspine Mountains from the Hold of Clan Horn. For this campaign, Clan Horn holds a "Deep Hold" well beneath the surface of the Dragonspine Mountains. Of the 16,000 or so dwarves that live within the Dragonspines, Clan Horn's numbers are approximately 1,100 males, 400 females and only 200 young.

Valdyr is Blood of Raulauntar Namarforge of ancient Sarphil; son of Valdyr the Older of Clan Horn (General of Clan Horn) and Dorna of Clan Hillsafar (Priestess of Haela Brightaxe). He was born an only son and his parents have had no further children. Born in the Year of the Starfall (1,300 DR), Valdyr is 56 years old as of the start of the campaign in 1357 DR.

He will begin his adventures in Melvaunt.

More to come...

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2020 :  00:49:45  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He has been playing AD&D 1e since he was 6 because that is what we taught him

quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Great Reader Darden,

That is amazing that your son is DM'ing 1e! How long has he been playing 1e? What made him decide to go with 1e?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

My son is going to Dungeon Master his first 1e AD&D Forgotten Realms campaign and I'm the only player right now. To make sure I'm "covered" as well as possible I've opted to play a dwarven Fighter/Cleric named Valdyr "the Beardless" of Clanggedin Silverbeard.

Valdyr is from the Dragonspine Mountains from the Hold of Clan Horn. For this campaign, Clan Horn holds a "Deep Hold" well beneath the surface of the Dragonspine Mountains. Of the 16,000 or so dwarves that live within the Dragonspines, Clan Horn's numbers are approximately 1,100 males, 400 females and only 200 young.

Valdyr is Blood of Raulauntar Namarforge of ancient Sarphil; son of Valdyr the Older of Clan Horn (General of Clan Horn) and Dorna of Clan Hillsafar (Priestess of Haela Brightaxe). He was born an only son and his parents have had no further children. Born in the Year of the Starfall (1,300 DR), Valdyr is 56 years old as of the start of the campaign in 1357 DR.

He will begin his adventures in Melvaunt.

More to come...

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2020 :  01:52:41  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader Darden,

So, since all of the madness with COVID, and Valdyr's unfortunate demise, have you guys started up another campaign with your son at the helm? :) I cannot wait until the day that my son is playing D&D with me! You are certainly fortunate!

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2020 :  01:57:10  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Great Reader Darden,

So, since all of the madness with COVID, and Valdyr's unfortunate demise, have you guys started up another campaign with your son at the helm? :) I cannot wait until the day that my son is playing D&D with me! You are certainly fortunate!

Best regards,

Actually, I won't be posting any longer on Candlekeep.

You have literally worn my enjoyment of this forum to non-existence with your constant posting.

Good bye

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000