Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Chosen of Mystra
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Greyholme
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2019 :  10:42:27  Show Profile Send Greyholme a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello, I am pretty new. Just seeking approval, can i ask if these stats are good for alustriel and storm silverhand?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hU8tG1OkCEWMGr_jBhbAyLI1mnkct-N-/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DItYigi-tOL9kFRJixs8sx3JZNVDJKOi/view?usp=sharing

* I did them separately before i resolved formatting issues etc.

Greyholme
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2019 :  10:45:18  Show Profile Send Greyholme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I did read the Seven Sisters from Second edition. My aim here is to provide powerful stats for... demigods... just for them to jump in, aid the party... general OP NPCs. On the issue of Alustril having no legendary actions... its because i ran out of ideas. If anyone can supply some beyond cast a spell that would be great
Go to Top of Page

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
605 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2019 :  13:24:54  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As you say you want them to be a demigod helping hand for the party - do you need stats for them or do you want to make a nice scene? From my experience it is much better if you think about your target and then resolve rules issues. For example I would like to make a scene where PCs are stranded in Cormanthor and Storm comes to help. I would have her use some enchantment like harp song that fascinates their foes and lead them elsewhere leaving fascinated PC in place. Then she could approach them and ask them how they got into such mess then she would heal them with silverfire and point them in safe direction saying farewell disappearing into the forest again.
It is best not to include such characters in party for long as they steal accomplishments from PCs. If you need to do that I would suggest keeping low profile for some reason and leaving all to the party (like I cannot use my abilities as I do not want to warn the main villan of our presence) and being only a guide that stays out of trouble.
If you do not intend for PC to fight it then best not to give it stats as you are already half way there.
Go to Top of Page

Greyholme
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2019 :  13:41:14  Show Profile Send Greyholme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wrigley

As you say you want them to be a demigod helping hand for the party - do you need stats for them or do you want to make a nice scene? From my experience it is much better if you think about your target and then resolve rules issues. For example I would like to make a scene where PCs are stranded in Cormanthor and Storm comes to help. I would have her use some enchantment like harp song that fascinates their foes and lead them elsewhere leaving fascinated PC in place. Then she could approach them and ask them how they got into such mess then she would heal them with silverfire and point them in safe direction saying farewell disappearing into the forest again.

ok yeah thanks
It is best not to include such characters in party for long as they steal accomplishments from PCs. If you need to do that I would suggest keeping low profile for some reason and leaving all to the party (like I cannot use my abilities as I do not want to warn the main villan of our presence) and being only a guide that stays out of trouble.
If you do not intend for PC to fight it then best not to give it stats as you are already half way there.

Go to Top of Page

Greyholme
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2019 :  13:42:40  Show Profile Send Greyholme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oops. ill keep that in mind. just a test run. #128513;
Go to Top of Page

_Jarlaxle_
Senior Scribe

Germany
584 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2019 :  16:26:22  Show Profile Send _Jarlaxle_ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you just want them to hop in and help out in a scene or two, I wouldn't give them any stats. Just think about what you want them to do and let them do it. You could even make some rolls for show so it seems they are going by the rules too.

Depending on the characters of your players I might even not tell them which spell exactly the NPC is using and just describe how it looks like to the players. For example NPC makes some mystical movements and says some magical sounding words and suddenly a greenish ray comes out of his finger and hits the enemy. He immediatly crumbles to dust. If one of the characters then makes the apropriate check to identify the spell you can name it as desintigrate.

But as already said you should be carefull not to take too much spotlight away from your players.
Go to Top of Page

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
605 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2019 :  17:02:04  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greyholme

oops. ill keep that in mind. just a test run. #128513;

As you choose to reply you are sent to text window where the replied text is put in quotes begining with (quote)... and ending with (/quote) if you write your response under/outside of that the text will appear clearly separated by quotation frame (as above). That helps clarity and you can even reply separately to multiple points using quote each time.(manualy). It takes a little practice but helps a lot in debates.

There are many pitfalls to dungeonmastering and this issue is one of them (PC spotlight). If you are interested I am sure many of local learned scribes will like to give you advises to your benefit. Just remember that each gaming group have different tastes so not everything will work for yours. :-)
Go to Top of Page

Greyholme
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2019 :  02:47:13  Show Profile Send Greyholme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks guys.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000