Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Winter Sect or Shining Mountain
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Asharak
Learned Scribe

France
268 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2019 :  14:13:03  Show Profile Send Asharak a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In Blood of Yakuza, we have :

1358: Great Teacher Saizu (later known as Saizu the Immortal) appears over the capital standing on a cloud. Upon his landing spot is built a huge temple. Saizu begins his teachings of the Winter Sect of the Path of Enlightenment. (page 6)

The Shining Mountain is one of the many sects that has grown out of the original teachings of the Path of Enlightenment. Founded in the year 1358 by the great teacher Saizu, the sect’s main temple is located just outside the capital. (page21)

It seems this is the same event with different names (Winter Sect or Shining Mountain).

What do you think about this ?

"Soyez réalistes : demandez l'impossible"

Sorry for my English... it's not my native tongue.

TBeholder
Great Reader

2384 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2019 :  23:03:12  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why not both?

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2019 :  23:12:41  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Winter Sect
The Shining Mountain sect

Could be two "of the many sects that has grown out of the original teachings of the Path of Enlightenment."

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2020 :  08:45:21  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe Asharak,

I believe this to be just an unusual sentence structure. I believe that with the two paths being the same (Kara-Tur, p.145), but one being a subsequent sect (possibly seen as taking around route), it appears that the two are very separate from what I've read.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Asharak

In Blood of Yakuza, we have :

1358: Great Teacher Saizu (later known as Saizu the Immortal) appears over the capital standing on a cloud. Upon his landing spot is built a huge temple. Saizu begins his teachings of the Winter Sect of the Path of Enlightenment. (page 6)

The Shining Mountain is one of the many sects that has grown out of the original teachings of the Path of Enlightenment. Founded in the year 1358 by the great teacher Saizu, the sect’s main temple is located just outside the capital. (page21)

It seems this is the same event with different names (Winter Sect or Shining Mountain).

What do you think about this ?

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000