Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Rogues of The Laughing Midnight
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2019 :  01:18:12  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The Rogues of The Laughing Midnight

Based out of the city of Everlund, this group of enigmatic rogues and thieves all follow or worship Erevan Ilesere, the elven god of mischief and trickery, rogues and change. Led by Curudin Ahmaquissar, a Chosen of Erevan Ilesere himself. The flighty and frivolous commander of the organization, who tends to let his whims guide the elven guild.

Currently (1485 DR), there are three different cells of the Laughing Midnight in Faerun. Their main base is in Everlund and Silverymoon jointly. Their second cell is located in Daggerford, along the Trade Way, and often conflict with "The Knaves of The Missing Page" in that region. The third and newest cell is located in Zazzespur, which unfortunately incited a guild war with the current thieves guild in that southern city. All members of the guild must be at least 3'rd level in the Rogue class to qualify or have the sufficient skill set as a 3rd level rogue.

The guild specializes in odd jobs and specialties, ranging from Temple raiders to assassins, Mage-Killers, Second-story cat-burglars, melee duelists, professional Dungeon-Delvers, Dilettante-Warriors, Bardic-Deceivers, Feywild masters, Gem and stone artificers, Jewel appraisers, Antique mongers, Magical and non-magical crafters of weapons, armor and things desired. The guild has members that are specialized to meet the needs of anyone with enough coin. Although the Laughing Midnight is strictly an elven guild, it is not uncommon for you to encounter rogue clerics of the other trickster deities around the guild members.

The Guild will accept contracts for almost anything you can possibly imagine, from bringing down a Lawful good, self-righteous king, to assassinating a Chaotic evil warlord, to organizing an elaborate Masquerade for the rich and poor alike. The guild has a tendency to trick and prank both clients and contracts alike, and has earned a sketchy reputation among the general population of their particular area of influence. Usually, The Rogues of The Laughing Midnight are your last ditch effort to get something done in a pinch.

To get accepted into the guild, an elf must preform three acts of thievery and trickery. One act is the simple act of Pick Pocketing a individual of no less than 5'th level. The second is to break into a secure location and abscond with no less than 10,000 silver pieces of merchandise. The third is the most challenging, as the initiate is expected to dupe, ploy and trick a prominent lawful member of society and standing, until eventually that particular person is embarrassed or shown to the public that they are false. Once all three tasks have been undertaken, and accomplished, the initiate gathers at a Midnight Gambol held by their guild leader, and inducted into the guild proper.

Side note: The contracts are handed out by the guild leaders, but by no means are the members expected to do anything they don't want to. This guild runs on a voluntary basis. For example... A sniper in the Zazzespur guild was offered a contract to put down a elf lord in Calimport that was obstructing trade between Drow and humans in the southern part of the city. Her current lover was the drow leader, and so she rejected the job. Unfortunately her lover was utterly destroyed by the Mage-Killer in her own guild who completed the contract. Such is the fickle way of the guild, which embraced the ways of Erevan Ilesere.

Current ranking members

*Everlund/ Silverymoon guild

Curudin Ahmaquissar: CN Trickster-Touched Moon elf male of Evermeet. CR 32; Rogue 5/ Cleric 5/ Mischiefmaker 10/ Shadowtrick Priest 10 of Erevan Ilesere. Co-founder and leader of the elven rogues guild. Chosen of Erevan Ilesere. Master of debauchery and hedonism in The Silver Marches. Master of The Midnight Gambol on Toril. Famed hero of the Battle of Evereska 1374 DR.

Laeirlefain Starleaf: CG Shadow-Walker Copper elf male of Evermeet. CR 26; Rogue 5/ Swashbuckler 10/ Shadowblade 10. Co-founder and Master of Melee in the Everlund guild. Famed hero of the Battle of Evereska 1374 DR.

Terrindill Shaelarra: CN Shadow-Walker Gold elf male of Evermeet. CR 26; Rogue 10/ Shadowdancer 10/ Shadow Lord 5 of Erevan Ilesere. Co-founder and Master of stealth in the Everlund guild. Famed hero of the Battle of Evereska 1374 DR.

Nym Nightsong: CG Shade Star elf male of Sildëyuir. CR 29; Rogue 5/ Sorcerer 10/ Shadowmage 10. Master of Arcane Arts in the Everlund guild. Famed hero of the Battle of Evereska 1374 DR.

Pheyloo Audark: CN Shadow-Walker Wild elf male of The Winterwood. CR 26; Rogue 5/ Assassin 10/ Quietknife 10. Spymaster in the Everlund guild. Grandmaster Assassin of The Silvermarches. Famed hero of the Battle of Evereska 1374 DR.

Whispertongue: CN Drow elf male of The Moonwood. CR 30; Bard 20/ Sublime Chord 10. Master of Song and Lore in the Everlund guild. Famed hero of the battle of Myth Drannor 1375 DR.

Felorna Silverspear: CG Moon elf female of Evereska. CR 25; Rogue 5/ Streetfighter 5/ Wizard 5/ Bladesinger 10. Champion of the Everlund guild. Famed hero of the battle of Myth Drannor 1375 DR.

Rassiitasz Selorn: CG Copper elf male of The Laughing Hallow. CR 30; Ranger 20/ Dervish 10 of Erevan Ilesere. legendary ranger of The High Forest. Crossroads Champion of the gate to Evermeet. Boon companion to Trezeraxell the Tall.

Trezeraxell The Tall: CN Treant of The High Forest. CR 30; Druid 20/ Rogue 5/ Divine Disciple 5 of Erevan Ilesere. Lord of The Hanging Trees of Darionalith. Master of the western High Forest.

Dolledrax Darkdagger: CN Quickling male of Evermeet, (Formally of The Autumn Court). CR 20; Rogue 5/ Sorcerer 5/ Fighter 5/ Daggerspell-Mage 5. Liaison of The Seelie Court. Lord of Quicklaugh tower in the Fey glade of Shartilyeron (due north of Starshadow tower) in The High Forest.

Lord Bolo Blackanvil: CN Shield Dwarf male of Citadel Felbarr. CR 25; Rogue 5/ Cleric 10/ Champion of Vergadain 10. Master of Mirth and Dwarven affairs. Lord of the Coin in Everlund.

Britzlebrattle Stonecloak: CN Rock Gnome male of Cliffbarrows. CR 25; Rogue 5/ Cleric 10/ Hoodwinker 10 of Baravar Cloakshadow. Lord of Illusion at The Tower of Twilight. Master of deception in the House of Harpell.

Jaxipuff Quicktoe: CN Lightfoot Halfling of Waterdeep. CR 25; Rogue 10, Cleric 5/ Misadventurer 10 of Brandobaras. Master of Stealth, Lord of Upper-Undermountain, and Keeper of secrets.

*The Daggerford Guild

Trysiifith Oumryn: CN Gold elf male of Narbeth, (Shalhoond). CR 25; Rogue 5/ Cleric 5/ Fortune's Friend 5/ Sacred Fist 10 of Erevan Ilesere. Co-founder and Guildmaster of the Daggerford Rogues of the Laughing Midnight. Exiled King of The Great Wild Wood in the extreme edge of eastern Faerûn. "The Mongoose Prince" of Court Oumryn. Master of Fist, Foot, Elbow, Knee and Spell.

Seareghade Shimmerstar: CG Moon elf male of Evereska. CR 20; Beguiler 20. Master of Arcane Arts and deception in the Daggerford guild.

Shilliistra Mourningsong: CN Star elf female of Sildëyuir. CR 20; Spellthief 20. Spymaster in the Daggerford guild.

Ressynroux Selorn: CN Copper elf Fey male of The Laughing Hollow. CR 20; Scout 10/ Wildrunner (Fey-scout) 10. Master of stealth and ambush in the Daggerford guild.

Florithalill WinterWillow: CG Wild elf Fey female of The Misty Forest. CR 15; Sorcerer 5/ Feymage 10. Fey-mound and Crossroad champion of the Daggerford guild.

Xazlarran Snowleaf: CG Frost elf male of Everwinter. CR 21; Bard 10/ Lyric Thaumaturge 10. Master of Song and Lore in the Daggerford guild.

Celindra Le'Quella: CN Moon elf female of Ardeep Forest. CR 20; Rogue 5/ Sorcerer 5/ Mage-Killer 10. Master Assassin in the Daggerford Guild. "The Dark Dancer" of Ardeep Forest.

*Zazzespur guild

Tharnalith Weepingwood: CN Wild elf male of The Forest of Mir. CR 25; Rogue 5/ Favored Soul 10/ Jester 5/ Divine Disciple 5 of Erevan Ilesere. Leader of the Zazzespur guild. Master of pranks and trickery in the Zazzespur guild.

Thessathiil Starym: CN Gold elf female of Evermeet. CR 20; Rogue 5/ Ranger 5/ Justice of Weald and Woe 10. Master of spies in the Zazzespur guild. Master Marksman of The Shining South.

"Ghost": CG Moon elf male of The Shilmista Forest. CR 20; Rogue 15/ Divine Seeker 5 of Erevan Ilesere. Master of stealth and disguise in the Zazzespur guild.

Syllabellith Floshin: CN Gold elf female of Evermeet. CR 25; Rogue 5/ Fighter 10/ Tempest 5/ Divine Champion 5 of Erevan Ilesere. Master of Melee in the Zazzespur guild. Slayer of Uzvekinath, The two headed Purple worm.

Withiwindle Souldusk: CG Copper elf female of The High Forest. CR 21; Rogue 3/ Fighter 5/ Combat Trickster 3/ Vigilante 10. Mistress of coin in the Zazzespur guild.

Travenrez Nightfrost: CN Shadow-Kith Shadar-Kai elf Male of The City of Gloaming. CR 29; Rogue 5/ Duskblade 20. Master "Shade-Killer" of the guild. Ex-Royal Guard of The Raven Queen on the Plane of Shadow.

*Starmantle Guild

Yazywiind Moonvine: CG Wild elf Female of Tangletrees. CR 25; Rogue 5/ Cleric 10/ Mystic Wanderer 10 of Erevan Ilesere. Leader of the Starmantle guild. Master of seduction and vice. Trickster of lust. Debauchery Queen of Starmantle.

Frazakath Auzkovyn: CN Drow elf male of Cormanthor. CR 27; Rogue 15/ Master of Masks 10. Spymaster of the Starmantle Guild. Outcast of House Auzkovyn. Master Thief of the Starmantle guild. Devoted follower of Erevan Ilesere.

Laurellyin Oakshadow: CG Copper elf female of Elventree. CR 20; Scout 10/ Rogue 5/ Ranger 5 of Erevan Ilesere. Master of beasts and wilderness in the guild. Legendary guide of Starmantle.

Trezeshah Durothil: CN Gold elf male of Waterdeep. CR 20; Fighter 10/ Wizard 5/ Daggerspell Mage 5. Melee-spell master of the guild. Slayer of the Illithilich Parthenzinee.

Thyzzawhyll Steelmeadow: CG Copper elf female of Kryptgarden Forest. CR 32; Rogue 5/ Sorcerer 7/ Arcane Archer 10/ Justice of Weald and Woe 10. Grand Duchess of shadows in the guild. Grandmaster sniper of the underground. Famed hero of the battle of Myth Drannor in 1375 DR.

The Westgate Guild

Salasareth Eroth: CN Moon elf male of Westgate. CR 20; Duskblade 10/ Favored Soul 10 of Erevan Ilesere. Leader of the Westgate guild and alpha antagonist to The Vampire Manshoon.

(More info and lore coming soon) Under construction.

Edited by - Copper Elven Vampire on 11 Apr 2020 19:42:21

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2020 :  03:37:21  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, CEV. I need People in Evereska. I found that shapeshifter dragon we talked about. She is a Mercury dragon betrothed to the bladesinger Shanton Silvergrace. An adept shapeshifter, she sometimes assumes the form of a moon elf maiden and a Cath Shee, among others. She has precognition and is a teleporter with limited ability to move through time as well as space. She needs a name. Suggestions?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 08 Mar 2020 03:54:18
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2020 :  05:24:03  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Hey, CEV. I need People in Evereska. I found that shapeshifter dragon we talked about. She is a Mercury dragon betrothed to the bladesinger Shanton Silvergrace. An adept shapeshifter, she sometimes assumes the form of a moon elf maiden and a Cath Shee, among others. She has precognition and is a teleporter with limited ability to move through time as well as space. She needs a name. Suggestions?

Fillantithawyll "The Coy": CN Trickster-Touched Mercury dragon female of The Misty Forest. CR 25; Beguiler 10/ Cleric 10 of Erevan Ilesere. Wife of Shanton Silvergrace and master of many forms. She spends most of her time as a other-worldly beautiful moon elf woman of tall stature and silver-white hair that curled down to her shoulders. At other times she would don the guise of a Dryad or some similar fey creature of medium size.

As a divine and arcane caster, she is aloof and flighty, yet very much devoted to Erevan Ilesere; The elven god of trickery and chaos. She lives in Evereska among the elves, but keeps her distance to all but her husband. She tends to hunt down the Phaerimm that live around Evereska and the Greycloak hills in dragon form, but quickly shapeshifts into elven form whenever encountering humans or other elves.
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2020 :  09:20:33  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What age is the mercury dragon CEV dubbed Fillantithawyll "The Coy"? Between Fellfire's description of adept shapeshifter and CEV's master of many forms, the 3.5ed freak inside me has a few ideas floating around. Fellfire and CEV, would you be amenable to my first draft of ideas for our mercury dragon? I do not yet have the full feel of her spirit. That is where you visions come into play.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2020 :  12:05:28  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

quote:

Fillantithawyll "The Coy": CN Trickster-Touched Mercury dragon female of The Misty Forest. CR 25; Beguiler 10/ Cleric 10 of Erevan Ilesere. Wife of Shanton Silvergrace and master of many forms. She spends most of her time as a other-worldly beautiful moon elf woman of tall stature and silver-white hair that curled down to her shoulders. At other times she would don the guise of a Dryad or some similar fey creature of medium size.

As a divine and arcane caster, she is aloof and flighty, yet very much devoted to Erevan Ilesere; The elven god of trickery and chaos. She lives in Evereska among the elves, but keeps her distance to all but her husband. She tends to hunt down the Phaerimm that live around Evereska and the Greycloak hills in dragon form, but quickly shapeshifts into elven form whenever encountering humans or other elves.

Thanks, CEV, for your vision. Awesome! Curudin surely has agents in the hill city?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Edited by - Fellfire on 08 Mar 2020 12:33:37
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2020 :  12:17:57  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delnyn

What age is the mercury dragon CEV dubbed Fillantithawyll "The Coy"? Between Fellfire's description of adept shapeshifter and CEV's master of many forms, the 3.5ed freak inside me has a few ideas floating around. Fellfire and CEV, would you be amenable to my first draft of ideas for our mercury dragon? I do not yet have the full feel of her spirit. That is where you visions come into play.

Merry met, Delnyn. Thanks for your interest! I too am a 3.freak, however my mastery of the system is pretty incomplete. I'm a big fan of third party supplements. I had thought to make her a Manifestor and an Initiator (Veiled Moon and Riven Hourglass?) using Dreamscarred's Psi (for the precog and psychoportation) and Path of War. You can, of course, build her anyway you want. I had pictured her probabaly as a young adult, but had planned on statting her over a range as she advanced in my "game" as a recurring NPC.

Sure thing! Have at it. Thanks to you too CEV for your version. I love it. And Delnyn, we can do this here or so as not to bore the other Scribes or hijack CEVs scroll you could PM me. My Inbox is full, but we can work something out. Thanks again for reading, Scribes.

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 08 Mar 2020 12:31:42
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2020 :  12:26:34  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, I had thought to make one of her favored forms that of a draconic battlecat. Anybody know a creature that fits that tune?

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 08 Mar 2020 12:36:41
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2020 :  17:20:43  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Go for it. I'll help anyway I can. Btw... she is a Ancient Mercury Dragon.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2020 :  17:27:18  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

quote:

Thanks, CEV, for your vision. Awesome! Curudin surely has agents in the hill city?

Curudin lived in Evereska for 20 years and knows all the dregs and thieves of the hidden kingdom. He even befriended the Knaves of The Missing Page; an elite group of elves devoted to Erevan Ilesere that track down ancient elven magic items across Faerun.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2020 :  17:36:11  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since I made her a Trickster-Touched character, here is the Template for you to use.

I would like to thank Tom Costa and Erik Scott de Bie, for creating the Trickster-Touched template for Erevan Ilesere. I have revised and modified it to be more up to balance with other lower CR templates in the Realms in my eyes, as this is clearly a Chosen of Erevan template by nature. I don't think I made it too powerful at all, and probably somewhere between the power-level of a Shadow-Walker, and much less than a Shade. I hope you all enjoy my revision and all and any feedback is welcomed if not looked for.

Trickster-Touched

Level Abilities
1-2 Detect Law, Detect Magic 3/day, Dex +4, Int +4, Cha +4, A +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saving throws against poison, +4 racial bonus on Willpower saving throws against Enchantments and Illusions.
3-4 Protection from Law, Change Self 3/day.
5-6 Trickster Knowledge, Trickster Feats, Dex +2, Int +2.
7-8 Dimension Door 2/day.
9-10 Blur, Mirror Image 3/day.
11-12 Plane Shift 1/day.
13-14 Displacement 3/day.
15-16 Dimension Door, Greater Blink 3/day.
17-18 Cloak of chaos 2/day.
19+ Maddening Whispers 1/day.

CREATING A TRICKSTER-TOUCHED CREATURE
“Trickster-touched” is an acquired template that can be added to any nonlawful, corporeal, living creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

Challenge Rating: Same as the base creature +2.

Level Adjustment: Same as the base creature +2.

Alignment: Trickster touched creatures are unpredictable and unconcerned with social conventions. The base creature’s alignment changes to chaotic, if it is not already.

Resist: Trickster-touched creatures are undaunted by poison or poison traps. The base creature gains a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saving throws against poison.

Spell-like Abilities: Trickster-touched creatures can often sense the presence of too much order and structure, as well as magical auras. The base creature gains the ability to detect law or detect magic as the spells cast by a cleric of her character level in any combination a total of 3/day as well as Protection from Law, Change self, Dimension door, Blur, Mirror image, Displacement, Cloak of chaos and Plane shift as described above.

Abilities: Trickster-touched creatures are nimble, clever, and amiable. Increase from the base creature as follows: Dex +4, Int +4, Cha +4. If the base creature has 5 or more HD or levels or upon gaining 5 HD or levels, the base creature gains additional increases as follows: Dex +2, Int +2.

Special Qualities: Trickster Knowledge; Trickster-touched creatures seem unable to keep their noses out of trouble, and thus collect stray bits of lore from wherever their adventures take them on topics as varied as local personalities, the history and powers of artifacts, and the traits of monstrous races just as a bard can with bardic knowledge. This ability functions like the bardic knowledge class feature, except that the bonus for the check equals the Trickster-touched creature’s racial bonus + her Int modifier. Trickster-touched creatures have a base +1 racial bonus to their check, which increases by +1 for every 5 HD or class levels of the base creatures. This ability stacks with a bard’s bardic knowledge and similar abilities such as a Harper agent’s Harper knowledge or a loremaster’s lore class features.

Feats: Trickster-touched creatures seem to have an endless supply of tricks up their sleeves. If the base creature has 5 or more HD or levels or upon gaining 5 HD or levels, the base creature gains Cool Head CS, Freerunner CS, Sure Hand CS, or Sweet Talker CS as a bonus feat, regardless of whether or not the base creature meets the prerequisites for the feat. The base creature must still meet the prerequisites for its chosen bonus skill tricks.

Possessions: Trickster-touched creatures seem to come into treasure and wealth easily. The base creature adds +50% to the standard applicable treasure and/or NPC gear value of a creature of their HD and/or level. Player character’s beginning with this template gain this bonus to their character wealth at character creation, but do not gain future increases to their character wealth.

TRICKSTER-TOUCHED CREATURE LORE
Characters with ranks in Knowledge (religion) can learn more about Trickster-touched creatures. When a character makes a successful skill check, the following lore is revealed, including the information from lower DCs.

The base creature and its characteristics must be identified using the appropriate skill according to the base creature’s type.

Knowledge (Religion)
DC Result
15 This is a Trickster-touched creature, sprung of Erevan Ilesere, the elf god of mischief, change, and rogues. Erevan blesses his chosen with a kiss, which often takes the form of a tattoo of some kind on the body.

15 + CR Trickster-touched creatures can be of almost any kind, and they have greatly increased Dexterity, Intelligence, and Charisma. These creatures of chaos are adept at skill tricks.

20 + CR Trickster-touched creatures can sense the presence of law and order, as well as magic. They are highly resistant to poison.

25 + CR Trickster-touched creatures have a knack for getting their hands on treasure.

SAMPLE ENCOUNTERS
Trickster-touched creatures are nomads and adventurers. Although they often form temporary alliances and friendships, they are most often found alone, with rare exception.

Curudin Ahmaquissar: CN Trickster-Touched Moon elf male of Evermeet. CR 32; Rogue 5/ Cleric 5/ Mischiefmaker 10/ Shadowtrick Priest 10 of Erevan Ilesere. Co-founder and leader of the elven rogues guild. Chosen of Erevan Ilesere. Master of debauchery and hedonism in The Silver Marches. Master of The Midnight Gambol on Toril. Curudin was Trickster-Touched at birth and is usually found in Everlund when he is not adventuring, drinking and merrymaking at one of the three taverns that he owns, which are all fronts for his exclusively elven thieves guild known as "The Rogues of the Laughing Twilight." He has a snarky and jaded disposition, but is a champion of the elven people to a fault, as long as it serves his ends and goals. He thinks of himself first, his friends second, and the elven people third. Curudin is famous or infamous for his flighty pranks against authority, be they good or evil in heart. He is either loved or cursed by all those who meet him, and he and his guild are well known for stealing from the rich and powerful and giving back half of said riches to the common poor folk across the Silver Marches. With a cool, calculating mind and a wry outlook on life, Curudin manages his guild with efficiency and diplomacy. His thieves guild consists of specialists such as Assassins, Bards, Pick-Pockets, Swashbucklers, Mage-Killers, Shadow-Walkers, High structure acrobats, Shadow Mages, Temple Raiders, Bladesingers, Spellblades, Monks, Combat Tricksters, druids, Mountebanks, Shadow Lords, Arcane Archers and a plethora of other professions. His guild consists of 50 members currently in 1484 DR. All his guild members either worship or follow the dogma of the elven god Erevan Ilesere, and is actually a requirement to join the guild. Curudin is a true Charlatan, trickster and master of mischief, as well as a prized spy for Queen Amlaruil of Evermeet, of which he broke into her palace and stole a minor necklace at the age of 15 just to have an audience with her. Because of this, he was "exiled" from Evermeet forever and asked to be the ears and eyes of the Queen in Faerun, in which he plays his part as he sees fit. His first love is adventuring and the mischief, trickery and chaos he can cause along the way. Some friends and enemies who have known him would say that he bleeds chaos from his skin in writhing, multi-colored ribbons, and wears it like a cloak.

ECOLOGY

Most Trickster-touched are humanoid creatures. The majority are elves, mostly moon, wood, and half-elves of various ancestries, but any and all subraces are possible, even drow—the Fey Jester relates to all of his kin, and is known for shifting his face and coloration to match any of them. Erevan has been known occasionally to favor aasimar and celadrin (see Dragon Magazine #350 [December 2006]), and a very few gnomes and halflings (though they are drawn to his fellow mischiefmakers Garl Glittergold and Brandobaris or Tymora, respectively) carry his mark. Trickster-touched humans have never been documented to exist—perhaps pure human blood cannot carry his brand of trickery. Non-humanoids have been known to bear Erevan’s mark, especially intelligent, witty creatures like certain dragons (particularly copper, crystal, faerie, mercury, pseudo-, and song dragons), fey of almost all sorts, and outsiders (particularly coures and other eladrin), though some magical beasts (particularly cooshee and tressym) and even raccoons (who are awakened in conjunction with the gift) have been blessed by the Trickster.

Environment: A Trickster-touched creature can be found in any climate and any terrain, though they are most commonly found in urban centers among others with whom they socialize, trifle, and sometimes victimize with a prank, theft, or worse.

Typical Physical Characteristics: A Trickster-touched creature is more lithe and beautiful than ordinary creatures of its kind. Erevan’s kiss almost always leaves a permanent magic tattoo (often but not always in the shape of his sigil) that may glow, tingle, or react in some way when touched or when the creatures uses its template-granted powers and abilities. (This mark has no game mechanics associated with it). Some Trickster-touched also manifest their “blessing” through other means, like a particular mannerism or laugh).

Alignment: Trickster-touched creatures are unpredictable in the extreme, and while prone to small kindnesses and rarely cruel, are far from paragons of virtue. Most Trickster-touched creatures are chaotic neutral, but some stay true to their good or even their evil roots, using their talents to further the cause of good in the Realms or indulging in spiteful and wicked pranks and deception.

SOCIETY
Erevan’s favor is as rare and unpredictable as he is, and not many of his “blessed” exist. Many communities, however, can tell a story of a special and particularly irascible child who caused quite a bit of chaos in youth—and in age, as well. In some of these cases, they have the Fey Jester to thank—or curse.

Trickster-touched creatures are noticeably different from others of their age. As children, they are smarter and faster, outwitting even the biggest bullies with a speed of thought that can only be (and is) a divine gift. They are also very, very glib, and rarely is a young trickster caught in a lie, even by the cleverest and canniest of adults. The Trickster-touched are prone to wanderlust and generally grow bored at how easily they dominate the world around them; therefore, they often leave home to travel far and wide, trying out their tricks and pranks on a diverse world. They tend to be loners, either by nature or by choice; misfortune and danger have a habit of following them and catching those others who get too close, all too often with disastrous consequences.

How the Fey Jester chooses creatures to bless as Trickster-touched is not known with any certainty—appropriate, for a being whose existence is defined by trickery. The Trickster-touched may carry a bit of divine blood in their veins, being the legacy of past dalliances, or they could be favored servants of former lovers, or their selection as Trickster-touched may have been entirely random and without (apparent) purpose. All that is known for certain about the Trickster-touched is that, once Erevan blesses them, their lives are never the same.

Some sages and learned scholars have theorized that Erevan creates these creatures in much the same way gods like Mystra and Bane create Chosen, but this seems to be patently inaccurate. The Trickster-touched do not carry any of Erevan’s personal divine power, and he seems to take only a passing interest in them—usually just the one moment in which he confers his mixed “blessing.” If indeed Erevan Ilesere has one or more Chosen, he has yet to reveal them.

TYPICAL TREASURE
Trickster-touched creatures have a knack for getting their hands on . . . stuff. Sometimes this is due to sticky fingers and, other times, their subtle manipulations of others to their best business advantage. Whatever the reason, Trickster-touched have +50 percent more treasure than standard for the creature’s Challenge Rating and/or level. This treasure can take almost any form, from valuable personal equipment and magic items to rich pieces of art and jewelry to valuable property and holdings.

TRICKSTER-TOUCHED CREATURES WITH CLASS LEVELS
The Trickster-touched’s skills and natural inclinations make them natural rogues, swashbucklers, bards, and scoundrels of every sort. They generally don’t view theft as wrongdoing—if one is clever enough to obtain something others think one shouldn’t, then one is entitled to keep it. They are drawn to luck featsCS and skill tricksCS and many take up the fortune’s friendCS or uncanny tricksterCS prestige classes. Some become capable wizards and sorcerers, and are drawn to prestige classes like the arcane trickster, magical tricksterCS and fatespinnerCAr. Some Trickster-touched pursue religious careers, and most are drawn (unsurprisingly) to Erevan Ilesere or other gods of chance and trickery. Martial-oriented classes tend to bore the Trickster-touched, who often see them as too serious to be pursued seriously, though they find comfort in the battle tricksterCS prestige class. Due to their chaotic nature, the Trickster-touched never pursue the path of the paladin or monk—any lawful vocation grates on their very being.

Level Adjustment: +2.

TRICKSTER-TOUCHED CREATURES IN FAERÛN
The Trickster-touched rarely captain industry or exercise political power—most are far too whimsical and prone to wanderlust to build the necessary capital. Thus, they are drawn to a life of random but thrilling danger and excitement, both for entertainment and for their own sanity: they often become adventurers.

The Trickster-touched often find themselves at odds with the lawful organizations of the world. Like their Seldarine patron, they are fickle and easily chafe under the weight of tradition and authority. Almost all Trickster-touched creatures encountered will be on the run from one bad situation or another, whether legal or romantic. The Trickster-touched are inherent loners—some are fine with this, while some become rather morose. Invariably, they fail at most attempts to start a family or even settle into a routine with friends or loved ones. Even if their tricks and pranks do not get them chased out of town, the call of the open road is one few of those who share the kiss of Erevan Ilesere can resist. Trickster-touched rarely get along together initially—they share too much, and each sees the loneliness in the other—but those who can avoid driving the other away with pranks and the constant game of one-upmanship often become fast and constant friends.

Outside these basic principles, the vocations and lifestyles of the Trickster-touched vary like the whims of their divine “patron.” At least one blubbery old merchant in Sembia—one Halifar the Haggler, a half-moon elf—uses his silver tongue and the smooth manner of speaking granted him by Erevan for his own benefit, and has amassed a not inconsiderable fortune in coin, gems, and land. At least one pirate lord in the Sea of Fallen Stars—the wood elf Felissan, who may be male or female (the stories are unclear on this point, and Felissan seems to dress radically differently for every raid)—is known to be Trickster-touched, bearing Erevan’s symbol across the whole of his (or her) back. (In truth, Felissan may or may not be a copper or song dragon—tales disagree on this point as well.) The affable and dexterous rake Mellart, a half-drow who haunts taverns up and down the Sword Coast, is said to laugh precisely like the Fey Jester. Even if one has never (knowingly) met Erevan, those with elf blood know the sound from dreams—it is for this reason Mellart always tells jests and never listens. Rashkatar Moridian, a sun elf warlock who serves Beshaba faithfully, is also Trickster-touched—the irises of his eyes are shaped like stars.

Edited by - Copper Elven Vampire on 08 Mar 2020 17:44:01
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2020 :  17:51:28  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I can also see her having 10 levels in the Master of Many Forms PrC.
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2020 :  01:13:18  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fellfire and CEV,
Thank you both for your information on Fillantithawyll. I will communicate her development over private messaging. This will take a few weeks in real life time. My initial reaction is to create an initial 3.5ed build based upon a young adult mercury dragon with fewer class levels. We can then progress to older age categories and more class levels culminating in the ancient mercury dragon multiclassing with beguiler and cleric.
My worry is Fillantithawyll at the highest build will overshadow Curudin Ahmaquissar, who is the rightful star of this campaign. CEV, feel free to nix any overpowered build. Not only will I not mind, but I will feel relieved.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2020 :  20:18:52  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Fellfire and CEV,
Thank you both for your information on Fillantithawyll. I will communicate her development over private messaging. This will take a few weeks in real life time. My initial reaction is to create an initial 3.5ed build based upon a young adult mercury dragon with fewer class levels. We can then progress to older age categories and more class levels culminating in the ancient mercury dragon multiclassing with beguiler and cleric.
My worry is Fillantithawyll at the highest build will overshadow Curudin Ahmaquissar, who is the rightful star of this campaign. CEV, feel free to nix any overpowered build. Not only will I not mind, but I will feel relieved.

As I appreciate the concern about Curudin Ahmaquissar being overshadowed, I'm not really worried. The female mercury dragon is only a CR 25; Beguiler 10/ Cleric 10 of Erevan Ilesere, at her current level. Curudin is a CR 32; Rogue 5/ Cleric 5/ Mischiefmaker 10/ Shadowtrick Priest 10 of Erevan Ilesere. Plus after many, many years of playing him, I have made sure he has all the optimal feats and skills, not to mention Skill-Tricks from Complete Scoundrel. His weapons and armor are very powerful, He casts divine and arcane spells as a 25th level divine caster, he destroys undead as a 30th level Cleric and Sneak attacks as a 30th level rogue. He also has the Selu'Kiira of House Ahmaquissar and is Trickster-Touched to top it off.

If you want her to be a young adult dragon then my new stats would be thus...

Fillantithawyll "The Coy": (Pronounced Fill-ant-ith-a-will); CN Mercury dragon female of The Misty Forest. CR 18; Beguiler 5/ Cleric 5 of Erevan Ilesere. Wife of Shanton Silvergrace and master of many forms. She spends most of her time as a other-worldly beautiful moon elf woman of tall stature and silver-white hair that curled down to her shoulders. At other times she would don the guise of a Dryad or some similar fey creature of medium size.

I took away her Trickster-Touched Template, as it's up to you if she ever attains it, and if so, it's at the whim of Erevan Ilesere. I also gave her 10 base class levels. A young adult has a natural CR of 8, hench the 18 CR). If that is still too powerful, then I'll just give her less class levels.

How old is her Husband, the Bladesinger?
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2020 :  18:25:59  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Also, I had thought to make one of her favored forms that of a draconic battlecat. Anybody know a creature that fits that tune?

There is a Fey creature called the Leskylor from Book of Exalted Deeds. It's like a giant feline that you probably wouldn't want to tangle with, lol. She could shape-change into a powerful HD Leskylor as a favored form perhaps.

Link here https://dndtools.net/monsters/book-of-exalted-deeds--52/leskylor--25/
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2020 :  18:32:05  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you'd also like to borrow a traveling companion that is very fun to play as a PC or NPC, then I suggest Pheyloo Audark from The Rogues of The Laughing Midnight.

Pheyloo Audark: "The Shadowcat".

Male Shadow-Walker Wild Elf; CN Rogue 5/ Assassin 10/ Quietknife 10. (Grandmaster Assassin of "The Rogues of The Laughing Midnight")

CR: 26; medium size humanoid (elf)
HD: (25) 5d6+10, plus 10d6+20, plus 10d8+20
HP: 190

Init: +7; Spd 40'.
AC: 27 (touch 20, Ff 21)
Attack: +30/+25/+20/+15 melee main hand (1d8+5 plus 2d6 deadly precision/ 18-20, +3 Blurstrike, Deadly precision elven thinblade).
Attack: +30/+25/+20 melee off hand (1d6+5 plus 1d4 vampiric, plus 1-2 negative levels/18-20, +3 Vampiric, Souldrinking elven lightblade.)
Attack: +33/+28/+23/+18/+33 ranged (1d4+7 plus 1d6 elemental/ 18-20, +5 seeking, returning, elemental aura daggers).
Sneak attack: 11d6 damage, plus 2d6 damage with deadly precision thinblade.
Death Attack: Fort save (DC 29 or death/paralysis).
Vengeful Strike: Fort save (DC 27 or stunned and negative levels)

SQ: Shadow-Walker abilities, spells, wild elf traits, rogue abilities, assassin abilities, quietknife abilities.

Saves: Fort +14, Ref +23, Wil +19.
Abilities: (+2 Dex from shadow-walker template, +2 Con from belt of endurance.)
Str: 15.
Dex: 25
Con: 16.
Int: 21.
Wis: 16.
Cha: 15.

Age: 214, Height: 6', Eyes: Amber, Hair: Black, Skin: Light brown.

Wild elf racial traits: immune to magic sleep spells, +2 save vs. enchantment spells, low light vision, +2 bonus on listen, search, and spot checks.

Shadow-Walker abilities:
Shadow mask 3/day, Dimension door 3/day, Darkness 3/day, Shadow spray 3/day, Shadow walk 3/day, Displacement 2/day, Evard's black tentacles 1/day, Darkvision.

Rogue abilities:
Sneak attack, Trapfinding, Evasion, Trap sense +1, Uncanny dodge.

Assassin abilities:
Sneak attack, Death attack, Poison use, Spells, Improved uncanny dodge, Hide in plain sight.

Quietknife abilities:
Rapid daggers, Silent daggers, Sneak attack, Sneaky daggers, returning daggers, Weak spot, Snatch arrows, Fast movement, Palm throw, Vengeful strike, Superior returning daggers, Critical throw, Dagger of death, Hail of daggers.

Skills: Balance (17 ranks), Bluff (10 ranks), Climb (11 ranks), Craft (12 ranks), Decipher Script (10 ranks), Diplomacy (9 ranks), Disable Device (27 ranks), Disguise (20 ranks), Escape Artist (30 ranks), Forgery (10 ranks), Gather Information (15 ranks), Hide (30 ranks), Intimidate (15 ranks), Jump (10 ranks), Listen (20 ranks), Move Silently (30 ranks), Open Lock (27 ranks), Search (20 ranks), Sense Motive (20 ranks), Sleight of Hand (25 ranks), Spot (20 ranks), Swim (10 ranks), Tumble (17 ranks), Use Magic Device (20 ranks), and Use Rope (20 ranks).

Skill Tricks: Acrobatic Backstab, Conceal Spellcasting, Escape Attack, Hidden Blade, Quick Escape, Spot The Weak Point, Never Outnumbered, Twisted Charge, Walk The Walls, Second Impression, Mosquito's bite.

Feats: Point blank shot, Quick draw, Weapon finesse, Combat reflexes, Improved rapid shot, Two-weapon fighting, Improved two-weapon fighting.

Epic feats: Improved death attack

Assassin Spells per day: 5/4/4/4. Base DC = 15 +spell level. Caster Level: 10.

Current Spells:

1st level- Disguise self, Ebon eyes, Obscuring mist, Snipers shot, True strike.

2nd level- Alter self, Cat's grace, Darkness, Phantom foe.

3rd level- Deeper darkness, Deep slumber, Sadism, Wraithstrike.

4th level- Heart ripper, Greater invisibility, Poison, Stop heart.

Possessions: +3 Blurstrike, Deadly Precision elven thinblade. +3 Vampiric, Souldrinking elven lightblade. Four +5 Seeking, Returning, Energy Aura daggers. +5 leather armor of escape and spell resistance (SR19). Ring of protection +4. Ring of Spell turning. Wand of magic missiles (6th level). Wand of ghoul touch (9th level). Cloak of displacement. Bracers of murder. Belt of endurance. Boots of tracklessness. Hat of disguise. Gloves of the balanced hands.

Personal information:
Pheyloo Audark was born in the Winterwood in the year 1272 DR. His father was a powerful ranger of Solonor Thelandira, and his mother was a Hierophant druid of Rillifane Rallathil, and Pheyloo delighted in the stories of his parents deities, though his favorite tales were of Erevan Ilesere and the trickster gods adventures among the Seldarine and other pantheons of Toril. It was in those stories that Pheyloo heard the calling of Erevan Ilesere, much to his parents dismay. In 1286 DR, at the age of 14 though his clan was attacked by a hoard of Orcs, mold men and humans who completely obliterated his small clan of only 100 green elves. His mother cast a powerful spell that transformed her son into a great hawk to hide him from their enemies as he watched the battle from the tree-tops in horror. The last two remaining of the clan was his parents who fought back to back, felling scores of enemies until they were overwhelmed by sheer numbers. The last thing he seen was his mother looking up at him as she smiled and cast her last spell. The tree bough that his hawk form was perching on suddenly opened up and swallowed him whole, transporting him to an ancient oak tree far to the south of the Winterwood. Exiting the tree with screams of terror and rage, Pheyloo ran back to his clans dwelling while praying to Erevan Ilesere to grant him the power to slay his family's murderers. It was back at the site of the massacre three days later that members of the Eldreth Veluuthra found him and brought him into their organization with promises of revenge against the humans and orcs that destroyed his clan. As Pheyloo was leaving the kill-zone of his people, he thought he heard the mischievous laughter of a fellow elf behind him, but when he turned to look there was nobody there. A voice suddenly entered his mind as he followed the Eldreth Veluuthra toward the nearest human and orc settlement. "Now you will find the skills you will need to prepare you for your future."

After many years of professionally killing all types of humanoids and monsters, Pheyloo became a master assassin and earned the well deserved reputation and moniker of "Shadowcat" all across Faerun. Within the ranks of the Eldreth Veluuthra he gained many enemies due to his near-legendary exploits and relentless pranks and jokes on his fellow cell members and the Vel'Nikeryma (or Blade Lords) in the name of Erevan Ilesere. His career with the Eldreth Veluuthra came abruptly to an end in 1347 DR when his cell leaders under the command of the Vel'Nikeryma sent Pheyloo to Everlund to kill a innocent human wizard and his elven wife and half-elf children. After several days of watching and studying his Marks, he came to the conclusion that this family had done no crime or evil against the elven people and that the Eldreth Veluuthra only wanted them dead due to the half-elven children. He decided then that he would renege on his contract and explain himself to the Vel'Nikeryma directly, but before he could even leave his Marks property he was ambushed by all the members of his own cell and caught in the middle of several fireball spells aimed at the family's house and at himself. Pheyloo had nowhere to run, and soon felt himself being blasted back and buried under the burning building. Not long afterwards, Pheyloo came-to and opened his eyes and felt his lungs burning for air. He prayed to his trickster god and asked him to let him survive, so that he could recover from his wounds and seek revenge against the Vel'Nikeryma and his ex-cell members with the most surprising prank and joke he had yet played on them; The joke would certainly be on them all when they died realizing he was still very much alive!

With sheer determination Pheyloo envisioned the tavern down the street and cast a dimension door spell and disappeared from beneath the charred, smoldering house, instantly appearing on his back in front of the tavern. "Well there you are.", said a deep, melodic voice above him. Pheyloo opened his burned eyes to see a very tall moon elf with rakish red hair and piercing, bright blue eyes standing over him. "I was beginning to think that our mutual god was tricking me out of yet another winning game of dice, but alas, his message was true, and here you are." Laughed the strange moon elf as he crouched down and put a hand on Pheyloo's chest and prayed to Erevan Ilesere for a powerful healing spell. "Our mutual god?" asked the severely injured assassin. "We'll talk about that, and your future, after you're healed Shadowcat." said Curudin Ahmaquissar with a wry smile on his face. The wild elf thought he saw a plethora of multi-colored, asymmetrical star bursts floating across the moon elfs eyes before he passed out from his injuries.

Within the next six months, Pheyloo Audark hunted down his ex-cell members of the Eldreth Veluuthra that ambushed him and though him dead, and murdered each and every single one of them with a personal touch, ensuring that they knew who it was ending their life. After Pheyloo assassinated the entire cell, he went back to Everlund to accept Curudin Ahmaquissar's offer to join his thieves guild, and rose swiftly through the ranks of The Rogues of the Laughing Midnight., and ended up becoming great, lifelong friends with Curudin and the other high ranking members of the guild. For a detailed, ongoing story of Pheyloo's adventures and misadventures, click here http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21692.

Prestige Classes:

The Quietknife

From the darkest streets of Skullport, to the back alleys of Calimport. From the throne rooms of kings, to the dive bars of Starmantle. No matter what part of Faerun you mention, the bards sing tales of specialized elven assassins known as Quietknives. Little is known about the silent killers, but some bards say that they only appear to take vengeance and revenge upon those who have committed a ghastly act or crime against the elven people.

A Quietknife must be stealthy, quick, and skilled at both ranged and melee combat. The quickest path to this prestige class is to begin with one or two levels of rogue in order to gain the necessary skills and sneak attack ability, and then switch to fighter or ranger to improve overall combat ability (in the form of base attack bonus) and learn the necessary feats.

A few Quietknives acquire some arcane spellcasting in the form of a couple of levels of sorcerer or wizard, because spells such as invisibility or deep slumber can make the deadly work of the Quietknife much easier. A Quietknife of this sort often begins with three or four levels of rogue, then gains five or six levels in an arcane spellcasting class. However, qualifying for the Quietknife class is much easier with the bonus feats offered by either the fighter or ranger class.

Requirements
To qualify to become a Quietknife, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:

Race: Elf or Half elf
Skills: Balance 3 ranks, Climb 3 ranks, Hide 6 ranks, Jump 3 ranks, Move Silently 6 ranks, Tumble 3 ranks
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Quick Draw, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse.
Base Attack Bonus: +4
Special: Sneak attack +2d6.

Class Skills
The Quietknife's class skills are Balance, Bluff, Climb, Disable Device, Handle Animal, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (local), Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Swim, and Tumble.

Skill Points at Each Level: 6 + Int modifier.

Class Features
As you advance in level, you become better at switching from melee combat to ranged combat in the blink of an eye. You become a mobile and infuriating opponent who can launch a devastating barrage of sneak attacks.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: You gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Rapid Daggers: At 1'st level, whenever you are throwing knives and daggers, you are treated as having the Rapid Shot feat, even if you do not have the normal prerequisites for that feat.

Silent Daggers(Su): At 1'st level, every dagger and knife you throw are treated as if they have a Silence spell placed on them. Most Quietknives, true to their names, throw daggers in this way.

Sneak Attack (Ex): Beginning at 2nd level, you deal an extra 1d6 points of damage when you are flanking an opponent or at any time when the target would be denied its Dexterity bonus. This extra damage applies to ranged attacks only if the target is within 30 feet. At 5th level the extra damage increases to 2d6, and at 8th level it increases to 3d6. See the rogue class feature.

Sneaky Shot (Ex): At 3rd level, just before making a ranged attack, a Quietknife with this ability can use a move action to make a Sleight of Hand check opposed by her target's Spot check. If she wins the opposed check, her opponent is denied his Dexterity bonus to Armor Class against the attack.

Returning Daggers (Su): Also at 3rd level, you become so skilled with thrown weapons that you can cause four knives a day to gain the returning special ability. When you make a ranged attack with a returning dagger, you can move after the attack, and the weapon will still return to you as long as line of sight between you and the weapon exists at the beginning of your next turn.

Weak Spot (Ex): A Quietknife gains this ability only after reaching 4'th level. When using a thrown weapon against a target, the character can make a ranged touch attack instead of a normal attack. If the attack hits, the quietknife adds her Dexterity bonus for the damage instead of her strength bonus.

Snatch Arrows: A Quietknife gains the benefit of the Snatch Arrows feat at 4th level, even if she does not meet the prerequisites.

Fast Movement (Ex): At 6th level, you have mastered the art of unusually swift movement. Your land speed is faster than the norm for elves by 10 feet. This benefit applies only when you are wearing no armor, light armor, or medium armor and not carrying a heavy load. Apply this bonus before modifying your speed because of any load carried or armor worn.

Palm Throw (Ex): At 6'th level when using thrown daggers, a Quietknife with this ability may throw two of each weapon with a single attack roll. Damage for each weapon is resolved separately, and the Quietknife applies her Dexterity bonus to either damage roll.

Vengeful Strike (Su): Beginning at 7th level, as a standard action you can execute a single vengeful strike in place of sneak attack. You coldly whisper the name of your intended victim to your weapon, and then you make a single melee or ranged attack. You gain a +2 morale bonus on the attack roll. If you hit, your foe must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + your class level + your Dex modifier) or be stunned for 1d4 rounds, and bestowed with 1d4 negative levels.

You must know the victim's name in order to make a vengeful strike; "that orc over there" is not good enough. Creatures without names (most creatures of Intelligence 2 or lower) are not subject to a vengeful strike. You usually use this ability against a person or creature you know to have harmed elves. You can use this ability once per day at 7th level and three times per day at 10th level.

Superior Returning Daggers (Ex): When you reach 7th level, your returning daggers ability is extended. You can use two returning daggers for two attacks each in a single round, or you can use one returning dagger for three attacks in the same round, as long as your target is no farther away than one range increment. (If your target is farther away than one range increment, you can still use your superior returning dagger ability, but only for a single attack each turn.)

Dagger of death: At 9'th level, a Quietknife can create a dagger of death that forces the target, if damaged by the dagger’s attack, to make a DC 25 +Dex Mod, Fortitude save or be slain immediately. It takes one day to make an dagger of death, and the dagger only functions for the Quietknife who created it. The dagger of death lasts no longer than one year, and the Quietknife can only have one such dagger in existence at a time. This dagger may be used for both melee and ranged attacks.

Critical Throw (Ex): At 9'th level, a Quietknife gains the Improved Critical feat for any thrown weapon without meeting the prerequisites.

Hail of daggers (Ex): At 10'th level, in lieu of her regular attacks, once per day a Quietknife can throw a dagger at each and every target within range, to a maximum of two targets for every level of this class she has earned. Each attack uses the Quietknifes primary attack bonus, and each enemy may only be targeted by a single dagger.

Quietknife	Hit Die: d8
CL	BAB	Fort	Ref	Will	Special
1st	+1	+0	+2	+0	Rapid Daggers, silent daggers
2nd	+2	+0	+3	+0	Sneak attack +1d6
3rd	+3	+1	+3	+1	Sneaky shot, returning daggers
4th	+4	+1	+4	+1	Weak spot, Snatch arrows
5th	+5	+1	+4	+1	Sneak attack +2d6
6th	+6	+2	+5	+2	Fast movement, palm throw
7th	+7	+2	+5	+2	Vengeful strike 1/day, superior returning daggers
8th	+8	+2	+6	+2	Sneak attack +3d6
9th	+9	+3	+6	+3	Critical throw, dagger of death
10th	+10	+3	+7	+3	Vengeful strike 3/day, hail of daggers

Templates:

Shadow-walkers

Shadow-walkers are people who have experienced a magical ritual of the gods Erevan Ilesere and Mask that attunes a person's body to shadow. Similar to shades, they gain powers in shadow and darkness. Vezzenvazzel Ahmaquissar, high mischiefmaker of Erevan Ilesere in ancient Sharlarion, discovered a rite granted by his deity called the Ritual of Shadow Walking circa -24,000 DR. This ritual exchanges some of the recipient's life force for shadowstuff. The recipient appears exactly the same as before, although her shadow stands out as crisp and dark even in overcast situations. As of 1373 DR it is rumored that Curudin Ahmaquissar had shared the ritual with Jalaunther Ithbreeiur, high priest of the Maskarran temple in Thesk as instructed by his trickster god. The Shadowmasters use this ritual to allow their agents to enter and leave difficult spots with ease, and they normally work in pairs, with two agents transporting together to the site of the intended crime.

Creating a Shadow-walker
"Shadow-walker" is a template that can be applied to any humanoid (referred to hereafter as the "base character"). It uses all of the base character's statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Special Attacks: A shadow-walker retains all the special attacks of the base character. The shadow-walker also gains the ability to manipulate shadows, granting her access to various spell-like abilities based on her character level, as shown in the table below. These spell-like abilities are as the spells cast by a sorcerer of the base character's level.

Level Abilities
1-2 Shadow mask 3/day
3-4 Dimension door 1/day (self only)
5-6 Darkness 3/day
7-8 Dimension door 2/day
9-10 Shadow spray 3/day
11-12 Shadow walk 1/day
13-14 Displacement 2/day
15-16 Dimension door 3/day
17-18 Evard's black tentacles 1/day
19+ Shadow walk 3/day

A shadow-walker cannot use any of her spell-like abilities in an area of bright light (sunlight or the radius of a daylight spell.

Special Qualities: A shadow-walker retains all the base character's special qualities, and also gains those special qualities listed below.

Light Blindness (Ex): Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or daylight spell) blinds a shadow-walker for 1 round. In addition, she takes a -1 penalty on all attack rolls, saves and checks when operating in bright light.

Darkvision (Ex): The character gains darkvision with a 60-foot range if she does not have darkvision already.

Abilities: Adjust from the base character as follows: Dex +2, Con -2.

Skills: Shadow-walkers gain a +4 racial bonus on Hide checks.

Challenge Rating: Same as the base character +1.

Level Adjustment: Same as the base character +1.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2020 :  22:40:26  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope your Bladesinger husband is powerful. A student of the twin bladesong style perhaps.

A Mercury Dragon PC or NPC will get you into a powerful scrap eventually.
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2020 :  02:47:54  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those are really low ability scores for a 25th level grandmaster assassin. Hasn't he read any tomes or grabbed any stat boosting items?

Assuming 18 Dex + 2 elf + 2 template + 6 levels + 6 enhancement + 5 inherent = 39.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2020 :  06:38:17  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

Those are really low ability scores for a 25th level grandmaster assassin. Hasn't he read any tomes or grabbed any stat boosting items?

Assuming 18 Dex + 2 elf + 2 template + 6 levels + 6 enhancement + 5 inherent = 39.

In game no... In NPC maybe. Pheyloo is perfect as is. Have you played him?? I doubt it. Try playing him once before you judge him.
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2020 :  22:49:58  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How much does it cost to hire The Rogues of the Laughing Midnight? The mission in mind: Rescue five captives from the Karanok family mansion in Luchteq before they are burned to death. What resources are available for given prices for the stated mission?
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2020 :  23:17:38  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way, I am still working on Fillantithawyll. The baseline with which I am working is female young adult mercury dragon Cleric of Erevan 3/ Mystice Theurge 3/ Master Transmogrifist 4. This will satisfy the constraints of young adult dragon, CR 18, casting both divine and arcane spells, the particular bit about being skillful with shapechanging and getting in teleport somehow. Precognition will at this point require DM handwaving.

I pull the stats for mercury dragons from Dragons of Faerun, pages 138-140. There are some inconsistencies in the tables provided on page 139, such as young adults being listed as size Medium, but getting -1 size modifiers for AC and attack rolls and +4 to grapple bonuses. I plan to eliminate these penalties and bonuses as proper for a Medium sized creature. If any scribes can point me to errata and show corrected stats, I will incorporate as needed.

Sorry, master of many forms requires wild shape as druid. My apologies for suggesting the class earlier without researching class prerequisites more closely. Master transmogrifists on the other hand work well with sorcerer levels.

The cleric domains from Erevan I chose are Luck and Trickery. I am flexible about changing the Luck domain because mercury dragons can cast Luck and Sun domain spells as part of the sorcerer repertoire. Trickery I would counsel that we keep as is.

Equipment and possessions would be a whole other phase of development. Thanks to all for your patience. I tend to take natural 20 on my Craft (character) skill checks. :)
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2020 :  15:14:20  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the first draft of Fillantithawyll without any equipment. The Martial Proficiency (shortsword) applies when she assumes elf form. I created an exploded view of her stats so you, the reader, may follow the merging of dragon and class features. If you would inform me of any errors or inconsistencies you find, I would be grateful.

The exploded stats are shown in blue font. Inconsistencies I already detected are shown in red font.

Base mercury dragon stats come from Dragons of Faerun. The master transmogrifist prestige class comes from Complete Arcane. The feats Dimensional Jaunt, Magic Device Attunement and Minor Shapeshift from from Complete Mage. The Quick Reconnoiter feat comes from Complete Adventurer.

So here I stand, so help me Deneir and Oghma…

Fillantithawyll "The Coy"

Female Young Adult Mercury Dragon Cleric of Erevan Ilesere 3/Mystic Theurge 3/Master Transmogrifist 4

CN Medium Dragon (Fire) (Dragons of Faerun lists young adult mercury dragons as Medium size, although they applies Large size modifiers to other stats. I removed Large size modifiers below as applicable.)

Init +9 (+3 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative, +2 Quick Reconoitter);

Senses blindsense 60 ft., darkvision 120 ft., keen senses; Listen +21, Spot +21

Aura frightful presence (150 ft., DC 23), aura of chaos

Languages Common, Draconic, Elven, Ignan, Sylvan

AC 29, touch 13, flat-footed 26 (+17 natural, +3 Dex)

hp 204 (dragon:15d12 + 45 +cleric:3d8 + 9 + mystic theurge3d4 +9 + master transmogrifist:4d4 +12); DR 5/magic

Immune fire, paralysis, sleep

SR 18

Fort +16 (dragon +9, cleric +3, mystic theurge +0, epic +1), Ref +14 (dragon +9, cleric +1, mystic theurge +0, epic +1), Will +16 (dragon +9, cleric +3, mystic theurge +3, epic +1)

Weakness vulnerability to cold

Speed 60 ft. (12 squares), fly 250 ft. (good)

Melee bite +25 (1d8+4) and 2 claws +20 (1d6+2) and 2 wings +20 (1d4+2)

Base Atk +19 (dragon +15, cleric +2, mystic theurge +1, epic +1); Grp +23

Atk Options battle mastery+2

Special Actions breath weapon, turn undead 6/day

Cleric Spells Prepared (CL 6th : cleric 3, mystic theurge 3)
3rd- helping hand, locate object, nondetectionD, speak with dead
2nd-aidD, eagle’s splendor, find traps, silence, undetectable alignment
1st-detect law, divine favor, entropic fieldD, protection from law, shield of faith
0th-guidance X2, light, resistanceX2

Sorceror Spells Known (CL 10th : young adult 5, mystic theurge 3, master transmogrifist 4 (gives 2 arcane spellcasting levels))
5th (3/day)-teleport
4th (5/day)-hallucinatory terrain, polymorph
3rd (7/day)-blink, dispel magic, protection from energy
2nd (7/day)-alter self, glitterdust (DC 15), invisibility, mirror image
1st (7/day)-alarm, disguise self, obscuring mist, unseen servant, ventriloquism
0th (6/day)-arcane mark, dancing lights, daze (DC13), detect magic, ghost sound, mage hand, message, prestidigitation, read magic

Spell-like Abilities (CL 5th)
At will-color spray (DC 14), hypnotic pattern (DC 15) (Dragons of Faerun list color spray and hypnotic pattern as at-will abilities on page 139, but as 1/day abilities on page 42 in the description of Tostyn Alaerthmaugh. I chose “at will” from the context of telekinesis being 2/day ability for old dragons.)
3/day-mirror image

Abilities Str 19 Dex 16 Con 17 Int 15 Wis 16 Cha 16 (+1 to Int and Wis; +2 to Cha from classes)

SQ effortless change, extended change, favored shape (animal, fey, humanoid-elf, magical beast), frightful presence, manifest senses, protected sight

Feats Dimensional Jaunt, Eschew Materials, Hover, Improved Initiative, Magic Device Attunement, Martial Weapon Proficiency (shortsword), Minor Shapeshift, Quick Reconoitter, Wingover

Skills Balance +11, Bluff +18, Concentration +6, Diplomacy +10, Disguise +8 (+10 to act in character), Escape Artist +9, Hide +13, Jump +12, Knowledge (Arcana) +13, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +8, Knowledge (Geography) +8, Knowledge (Nature) +8, Knowledge(Religion) +8, Listen +21, Move Silently +10, Sense Motive +9, Sleight of Hand +13, Spellcraft +14 (+16 to decipher spells on scrolls), Spot +21, Survival +2 (when underground, to keep from getting lost or avoid hazards, when in aboveground natural environments), Tumble +11, Use Magic Device +9

Total Ranks: Balance 6, Bluff 15, Concentration 3, Diplomacy 3, Disguise 15, Escape Artist 6, Hide 10, Jump 6, Knowledge (Arcana) 11, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 6, Knowledge (Geography) 6, Knowledge (Nature) 6, Knowledge(Religion) 6, Listen 18, Move Silently 7, Sense Motive 6, Sleight of Hand 8, Spellcraft 10, Spot 18, Tumble 6, Use Magic Device 6; Common, Elven, Ignan, Sylvan

Dragon Ranks: Balance 6, Bluff 8, Disguise 8, Escape Artist 6, Hide 7, Jump 6, Knowledge (Arcana) 4, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 6, Knowledge (Geography) 6, Knowledge (Nature) 6, Listen 18, Move Silently 7, Sense Motive 6, Sleight of Hand 8, Spellcraft 4, Spot 18, Tumble 6, Use Magic Device 6; Common, Elven, Ignan, Sylvan

Cleric Ranks: Bluff 3, Diplomacy 3, Disguise 3, Hide 3, Knowledge (religion) 3

Mystic Theurge Ranks: Concentration 3, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Knowledge (Religion) 3, Spellcraft 3

Master Transmogrifist Ranks: Bluff 4, Disguise 4, Knowledge(arcana) 4, Spellcraft 3

Possessions TBD

Battle Mastery (Ex) Fillantithawyll gains a +2 competence bonus on all attack rolls while in one of her favored shapes.

Breath Weapon (Su) 30 ft. cone, once every 1d4 rounds, damage 5d8 fire (intensely fiery light) Reflex DC 20 half

Effortless Change (Ex) Fillantithawyll can add the Still Spell and Silent Spell benefits to any transmutation spell she casts to assume her favored shapes, even if she does not have the feats. The benefit does not increase the casting time nor the level, nor require any special preparation.

Extended Change (Ex) Fillantithawyll can add the Extend Spell benefit to any transmutation spell she casts to assume her favored shapes, even if she does not have the feat. The benefit does not increase the casting time nor the level, nor require any special preparation.

Favored Shape (Su) Fillantithawyll gains the battle mastery, effortless change extended change benefits when she uses a transmutation spell to assume the form of an animal, fey, elf or magical beast. She cannot assume a form with more than 25 HD, per restriction of the polymorph spell.

Frightful Presence (Ex) Fillantithawyll can inspire terror by charging, attacking or flying overhead. Creatures with 150 feet of the dragon that have 25 or fewer HD must attempt a DC 23 Will save. Success indicates the subject is immune to Fillantithawyll’s frightful presence for 24 hours. On a failure, creatures with 4 or fewer HD become panicked for 4d6 rounds. Those with 5 or more HD are shaken for 4d6 rounds.

Protected Sight (Ex) Fillantithawyll is immune to any effect that would blind or dazzle her. She also gains a +3 racial bonus on saving throws against any light or pattern effect.

Manifest Senses (Su) Fillantithawyll gains the sense of its favored shape while in its form. Senses include blindsense, blindsight, darkvision, lowlight vision, scent and tremorsense.

Turn Undead (Su) Fillantithawyll may turn undead 6/day as 3rd level cleric.

Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2020 :  17:16:04  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

How much does it cost to hire The Rogues of the Laughing Midnight? The mission in mind: Rescue five captives from the Karanok family mansion in Luchteq before they are burned to death. What resources are available for given prices for the stated mission?

The cost depends on the job. The Karanok family are twisted humans that love and basically worship Nihilism and entropy. The resources available are endless really. The guild has a member to preform any specialized skill one may require. They take pride in their ability to finish jobs that other guilds cannot.

If those 5 captives are elves, then they would send only their most elite members. If they are demi-human or human, then the urgency isn't as great. Maybe a Mage-Killer, a Rogue/Cleric, a Justice of Weald and Woe, and a Duskblade. 4 members should be able to pull that off depending on the estimated encounter level of the mission.

If you want elite members, such as the ones described in this initial post, then the price goes up significantly. If you want to hire the 3 Shadow-Walkers or the Shade, then it would have to be a very daring mission indeed.

Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2020 :  23:09:19  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Westgate Guild

Salazzareth Ahmaquissar: CN Moon elf male of Westgate. CR 15; Beguiler 5/ Duskblade 5/ Favored Soul 5 of Erevan Ilesere. Champion of the Blood-Coven of the Vampire Manshoon. Living member of the coven and leader of protection in the guild. He stops at nothing when it comes to the death of his clan of vampires. Unless his spell is broken, he will remain the champion until his death.

Transplanted rogues from other cities have swarmed into Westgate hoping to alleviate the terrible show of leadership.

Curudin considers them all in his thoughts of the wide-world. His next move in the world at large. But is this the sane bastard who recovered from the Winterwood Mythal?

Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2020 :  04:34:40  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
New feats, new skills,

Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2020 :  09:06:42  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Added new lore.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000