Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Brainstorming Anchorome
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

shades of eternity
Learned Scribe

288 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2019 :  20:49:38  Show Profile  Visit shades of eternity's Homepage Send shades of eternity a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm okay with a network of treesgates located throughout Anchorome.

let's take a look

http://www.native-languages.org/ash-tree.htm

well apple trees and cherry trees have a connection in american myth.

here's from a quick search.

https://www.crystalinks.com/trees.html

Democracy started in North America when the Great Peacemaker formed the Iroquois Confederacy, inspiring the warriors of the original five American nations to bury their weapons under the Tree of Peace, an eastern white pine (Pinus strobus).

http://americanfolklore.net/folklore/2012/07/ten_red_crows.html

There's always the willow bark that you use aspirin

https://www.healthline.com/health/willow-bark-natures-aspirin

The Bristlecone pine is one of the trees used in dendrochronology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristlecone_pine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrochronology

man nothing particularly grabbing me

throwing his up to see if anything can be cribbed from them.

https://fairytalez.com/region/north-american/

check out my post-post apocalyptic world at www.drevrpg.com

Edited by - shades of eternity on 22 Oct 2019 01:40:14
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2019 :  21:27:09  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those tales are really raidable. I’m enjoying reading them.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2019 :  00:27:20  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I found these notes on an old file; don't remember what I was working on at the time (except probably for ways to make Maztica not so awfully Earth-expy) but I thought the individual entries may find some use here:

==================================================

No one is making such a long and dangerous trip for fripperies. Metals, gems and rare timbers are still the order of the day. Spices, teas, smokeleaves; a dazzling variety, all dried, diced, powdered. Furs and skins, too; lurothé hide and the shaggy pelt of the ghorlusk are bundled by the hundreds. But nobles and grasping would-be nobles pay well (very well, when they engage in status wars amongst themselves) for rarities and curiosities, so most shipcaptains heading to the Gate or the Deep manage to find just a bit of extra room in their holds for such goods.

(ghorlusk: large, shaggy humped bovines of the northern grasslands; mostly docile but can be dangerously unpredictable in numbers and deadly during the maddening of their mating seasons. Small stubby horns. Thier wooly pelts have curious mottled patterns and are extremely efficient in absorbing the light of the sun; when properly cured and fashioned into rugs or bed-covers they absorb the warmth of nearby hearth-flame in much the same way, and make for a pleasant walking or sleeping experience afterwards.)

Rare flowers and blooms rank high among such goods, given their fragility; the prized farflowers (gildewhorls) of course, but also pearlcups (from which bees produce a honey that is almost the flavor of sweet cream), azolflames, nine-rings and bluebriars (the thick burrs on the latter can also be dried and burnt as a high-quality incense). And the sweet cerule, a plant of broad flat bluish leaves, tall-stemmed, ending in large, cupped porcelain flowers whose inner curves are coated with a lucent pollen; pollen which, when dried and snifted, produce a pervasive pins-and-needles feeling in the limbs and cause everything one looks at to shimmer in about six different colors.

Then come strange fruits like bhemma (amberhorn), oblong thumb-sized berries which taste like white grapes and mlurantha [Lurr-LANTHA] which looks like a deep purple blackberry and tastes like one as well, but with a sharp lemony undercurrent. Neither travel well but preserve quite nicely, so jugs of jam are most often shipped back to mainland Faerűn instead. Also orglunth, bright red and radish-tasting, which grow thickly on a plant akin to the pencil cactus of Earth.

mhorra and greenfry, airy mosses which crisp in oil and produce a nice meaty taste (don't eat raw, though; "swampgrass" and "swampmud" are common descriptors); high in nutrients and a staple of the diets of woodsfolk of northern Maztica.

==================================================

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page

shades of eternity
Learned Scribe

288 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2019 :  02:56:53  Show Profile  Visit shades of eternity's Homepage Send shades of eternity a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the ghorlusk as a fr version of a musk ox. If you tweak them and essentially make them magical solar batteries, that could have some serious potential of giving it it's own niche.

I like the plant lore as well. :)

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2019 :  04:40:18  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the pearlcups, as it would be a good name to adopt for plants favored by the Abeil and the dire hummingbirds both.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2019 :  23:16:01  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
New creature. We already have DIRE jackalopes, but how about another kind... still small

WINGED JACKALOPES. Size small creatures known to hunt perytons, werecoyotes, gnolls, and dire wolves in small herds/colonies (but they are herbivorous creatures and seem to only hunt them in order to reduce their population and protect normal rabbits).

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 29 Nov 2019 23:54:41
Go to Top of Page

shades of eternity
Learned Scribe

288 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  02:09:31  Show Profile  Visit shades of eternity's Homepage Send shades of eternity a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like it. :)

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  22:58:51  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How two rodents saved Toril

In the dawn of time, when the gods were still young, Rititisk the Clever watched over the world tree with his trusty mount, Harifur the rabbit, who drew power from coupling with other beings. The red squirrel spent his days delivering rude messages between the night serpent, which gnawed upon its roots in a land of cold and darkness, and the dawn cock, whose crowing could be heard each morning as the sun brought light and warmth to the heavens. It was Rititisk who watched over Asagrimmr as he hung from the world tree, sacrificing himself to himself, and thus he learned of runecraft from the fevered meanderings of the Father of the Asagrim. It was Rititisk who helped protect and bury the acorn of Eiggdra that would grow to become Raelkath Maneeboughs in the womb of Kaelleara the antlered goddess with the help of his trusty mount, Harifur the rabbit, for whom no womb was an impediment. In return, Rititisk was gifted a bow made of laminated antler and wood, which he would name Killarr. Harifur was given antlers by the goddess that he might be able to protect Rititisk, and later the race of antlered rabbits known as the jackalope was born.
Thus it was that Rititisk was always at the center of things, but always did he go unnoticed as other mighty gods, spirits, and primordials instead take the notice of their peers. For instance, it was while riding in the quiver of Amlassra that Rititisk first learned of Qalathra, the tree which would become known as "The Mother of a Thousand Deaths", and brought it to the attention of the fledgling god, Raelkath. Thus was the tree blessed with the seed of the great oak, and Rititisk did gather its acorns and plant them throughout the realms connected to the world tree, and his trusty mount, Harifur did bless them to be fast breeding. It was from these many trees that Rititisk did collect the wood for his arrows, barbs which he would enchant by gnawing the runes of creation into their shafts.
So it was that slowly Rititisk did grow powerful, slowly building his armory for the day that Asagrimmr had warned him of. It would be the day that the night serpent would try to escape its imprisonment and attack the lands connected to the world tree. It was on that fateful morn that the dawn cock did call for Rititisk the Clever to once again come to the aid of Eiggdra. "Oh great squirrel Rititisk, many are the times that you have carried messages of hate between myself and the night serpent, but know that this time I summon you because the night serpent has broken free of its bonds and seeks to deliver terror upon the world. I need you to fight through its forces and deliver this feather of mine," and it did pluck one of its own multi-colored feathers from its body and place it into Rititisk's hands, "to a place that will become known to you when you reach it."
Though the night serpent was powerful, the great red squirrel refused to shirk its duty, but it had one request. "I will surely go to fight the night serpent's forces as you need, oh great dawn cock, but I will need the help of my trusty mount, Harifur to reach my stock of arrows in time to be of use. But though Harifur be fast, he would be faster still if he had wings. Surely, if you allowed him to breed with your wife, Syra, we would be able to fly to my arrow caches and make it in time to stop the night serpent before he can do much damage."
The dawn cock did look askance at Rititisk the Clever, but he could not refute his logic, for surely his mount would be much faster with wings. Thus it was that the goddess Syra did breed with Harifur the great rabbit, and thus were born the race of winged jackalopes in the lands of the bird folk. Moments later, Harifur did sprout wondrous wings, and Rititisk the Clever did lead his mount to his hidden cache of arrows just in time, for his wings were already starting to disappear. As the red squirrel did gather up his mystical quiver and begin loading it with shafts, news to reach him from the war mother of the Asagrim.
"Oh great and clever squirrel, Rititisk, I need you to come to the great forests of Anchorome, for the night serpent has led an army of wyrms to darken the land with their presence, and surely it will be the end of all things. But I have seen a strategy that can stop the forces of the serpent, and it requires your aid. I call upon you to help me defend creation, as is your responsibility. While I and my fellow gods fight them, we need you to slip behind their ranks and close the gate that they have used to invade our land." said the war mother.
Rititisk did think on it for a second, before saying, "Surely, I will come to help you, but I must be fast enough to make it through the forest, and even with his ability to fly, my mount will surely need to be able to tear through the undergrowth quickly. Surely, if you allowed him to breed with your eight-legged caribou, Besparr the Manylegged, he would be able to make it through".
The war mother did not have time to debate the matter, so she quickly agreed, and Harifur did breed Besparr the Manylegged, and thus were born the races of dire jackalopes and the eight legged rabbits known as Behares. Within moments, Harifur grew large and his number of legs did double, while Rititisk did gnaw the runes of slaying into his arrows. The tiny red squirrel and his giant jackalope mount did tear through the undergrowth as wyrms did attempt to assault them, but Rititisk was prepared with the shafts of Qalathra, fired from the bow Killarr, and it was that dragons great and small did fall dead before the onslaught of Rititisk the Red Squirrel as they did make their way to the Child of Eiggdra upon the lands of Anchorome. When they arrived at the great oak tree, the wyrmborn of the night serpent did stream forth in their hundreds, and Rititisk did fear that they would be unable to complete their mission. The wyrmborn did swarm the small squirrel and tear him from his mount, and one of them did entrap him in its mouth and threaten to swallow him whole. But even as he did despair Rititisk heard a voice within his head, and he recognized it as Raelkath Maneeboughs, and he was enraged.
"Who is this that would threaten my godfather! Beware all ye who stand against Rititisk the Clever and his mount Harifur, for you have angered Raelkath Maneeboughs, and though I am slow to anger, my fury is more powerful than the worst nightmares of your master." Then the very vines of the forest did entwine into the jaws, legs, and around the throats of the wyrmborn of the night serpent, and the forest floor was soaked in their blood. Moments after being released from the maw of his captor, Rititisk did run to the Child of Eiggdra and its open portal and he did use his incisors to carve the rune of closure upon its bark and force the gate to close before the night serpent could enter the world.
But, Rititisk's job was far from done, for moments later the Guardian of the Prismatic Staircase, Hemdahl, did call down to Rititisk. "Thank you for your aid Rititisk the Clever, but surely the night serpent seeks to enter the world by another means. The war mother says she sees his strategy will next be to mount an assault on the path from the heavens that I stand sentry upon. I must stand guard at the Prismatic Staircase to prevent the night serpent's entry, but already its serpents have moved into Katashaka and are attempting a ritual which would strip my control from me. Surely you must reach out to the jaguar goddess, Ix Chel, the Lady Rainbow, and her husband Nobanna the Firemane, to find out how you can stop their intrusion."
Rititisk, though tired from his exertions, rose to his feet and answered, "Thank you, Lord Guardian, as surely as I must breathe, I will not shirk my duty. I would appreciate it though if you could put me in contact with Lady Rainbow via the mesh of light." Seconds later, a multi-colored beam did shine down on Rititisk the Clever and he heard the purring voice of a woman.
"Rititisk, thank Ao its you! You are our only hope! The serpent servants of the dark one have arrived to spread their blackness upon the lands which I and my husband would brighten."
Rititisk thought upon her proposal for only moments before giving his answer, "I will surely come to your aid Lady Rainbow, but I must depend upon my mount, Harifur the rabbit, to get me there. Surely you must have me there soon, and only the power to move at the speed of light can get me there in time. Surely, if you could send your mount, Ulouroo, the rainbow winged Hipparcan to breed with Harifur, he would be able to deliver me to you with the power of magic." Moments later, the strange half-horse, half-toucan-parrot with wings and horn made of rainbow light appeared, and within seconds the great antlered rabbit had bred with her and its antlers had coalesced into a single horn of spiraling opalescence. Thus were born the unicorn horned race known as Katashakan Al-mi'raj, which are rumored to have strange magical powers.
Rititisk the Clever did then leap upon Harifur's back and the two did disappear within a swirl of light, only to reappear on the edge of Manu Ni Maloa, great land of the Nyama Nummo. A great rainbow touched from the sky to the land below, and a gleaming scaled army marched upon its surface. The various cat races of wemics, tigrans, lenastans, pumaji, kitaari, and tabaxi fought alongside colorful Tucati and Pa'ratxi bird folk against serpent men. Tiny mousefolk wielding stone headed spears fought and died valiantly against small fanged serpents, while black and white furred zebrataurs fought saurial monstrosities of fang and claw. Through the riot of color on the field below him, one color was most prolific, the crimson red of blood sacrificed to protect this land which they held dear.
It was then that Rititisk the Clever knew what he must do. Pointing and whispering in Harifur's ears, the red squirrel directed his rabbit mount to transport them to the base of the Prismatic staircase where the press of bodies was at its worse. Moments later, they appeared there, and Rititisk set forth clearing the land around him with his tiny arrows of serpent slaying, fired with the rapidity only a master archer can field. Finally, when he believed it to be safe enough to lay down his staghorn bow, he drew forth the feather given to him from the dawn cock and touched it to the pool of blood swirling on the rainbow bridge.
Instantaneously, the prismatic staircase dissolved, as did the blood of the fallen upon the field. In its place, a gigantic peacock surrounded in multi-colored flames did appear and spread its wings and tail feathers wide. "I, Feenicx, am delivered to protect you people of Katashaka! Servants of the Black One flee before my wrath! You shall not turn this world to darkness this day!"
With those words, the serpents and saurians turned and fled into the lands of the nyama nummo, where they reside to this day. With their leaving, Rititisk took to his knee, for in truth the tiny red squirrel was tired. He did put his head upon the mane of Harifur, only to discover his steadfast mount was breathing hurriedly and shallowly. A snake's envenomed fang had pierced the rabbit's neck, and Rititisk knew that his friend would soon be dead. A tear welled up in the red squirrel's eye, as he looked imploringly at the giant peacock.
With knowing pain upon its face, Feenicx looked upon the distressed Rititisk and said, "Harifur knew the cost that he would be forced to spend in order to summon me here. His sacrifice was one he was willing to give in order to save the world. Do not despair young squirrel, for he died valiantly, and the Murdannar of Snoedramorphe recognize his heroism. Already they have been dispatched to bring his spirit to the halls of the Asagrim, where he will be remembered with the other great beasts of the world."
"Then have them take me as well, for I would not live without my friend." said the tiny red squirrel archer.
But giant flaming peacock simply looked upon Rititisk with pity and said, "I fear your time is not come yet, mighty squirrel. You must refill your stock of Qalathra arrows, for the world may need you again, and all should learn to fear the wrath of Rititisk the Clever, that the night serpent never come to bring its reign of terror to the world. But know this young squirrel, your friend had one wish for you. He wished that you never be alone, and so he made his last gift of life to bring forth a new race in your own image. They shall be known as the kercpa and where the world tree needs protection, they shall be found."
And that is how two rodents saved the world of Toril.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2019 :  22:54:05  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kercpa player race cleaned up and placed up on dmsguild. Modified weapon damage a little in a way that should help improve them. Links to Maztica/Anchorome products in sourcing, as well as a link to Ed's recent postings about kercpa in the realms.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/297919/The-Kercpa-the-Tiny-Squirrelfolk-of-the-Forgotten-Realms

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2019 :  21:43:32  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Kercpa player race cleaned up and placed up on dmsguild. Modified weapon damage a little in a way that should help improve them. Links to Maztica/Anchorome products in sourcing, as well as a link to Ed's recent postings about kercpa in the realms.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/297919/The-Kercpa-the-Tiny-Squirrelfolk-of-the-Forgotten-Realms

Love these guys. Have you primarily kept them in the northern reaches of Adusgi?

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2019 :  00:01:42  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

quote:

Love these guys. Have you primarily kept them in the northern reaches of Adusgi?

Yeah, I'm kind of picturing there being two sections of the northern adusgi that have large fantastical flowers. One is populated by another group of Abeil bee people from outside the lands of the insect men. Then more northerly is the land where the hybsil and Shatjan (humanoid and tauric deer folk) live alongside fey beings like treants and dryads. Also in that more northerly Adusgi area is also where at the tops of trees there are numerous small kercpa villages and this area is home of the wild dire hummingbirds (which are only size small).

The idea would be that the abeil want to take over this more northerly area and bring order to it. The fey aren't interested in that and want to keep the place wild.

Maps
broader overview that shows the northern adusgi including the two flowering areas, and the area with the kercpa/hybsil/shatjan/dire hummingbirds/fey is circled.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=152gtaBKcGnE3vnK-Flq6TIrWHwdcRpb8

more in-depth and closer view
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z6pySmW4Hyh18m2Q04-mbfpOdYSTg7xT

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2019 :  19:01:53  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Look, I know this is going to come across as a shoehorn, and an utterly bizarre one at that, but I have been working on a really strange product that I have put in Anchorome.

Why? Well, because my home campaign in in Anchorome and I don't like writing anything that I can't actually use for my players. But really, this is going to seem like "let me just put anything I like into Anchorome."

Anyway, in Dragon Issue 371, there were two sequential articles detailed a new plane which they called "The Plane of Radiance," yet it was nothing like the quasi-elemental plane all us Grognards are used to.

Instead it was a plane of color and rainbows with a Bifrost-esque rainbow bridge and some really cool creatures.

I am trying to get my players to want to go there so I am writing an adventure that begins in Anchorome and ends up there. They are pretty high level at the moment (well, sort of - level 10) so that is where I want to start the adventure and somehow I have to finish it in time for our next session just after New Years. I also want to put it up (for free) on DMsGuild so I am trying to give it a little bit of a professional look.

The book is split up so that it can serve as a supplement for this newly updated plane, which I have turned into a demiplane called the "Limitless Light."

The split up will also allow you to separate out the Anchorome portion in case you have absolutely no interest in Anchorome, but are interested in the plane.

Here is what I have so far...

The Limitless Light 12-18-19 WIP

The rest of the book is outlined and oddly coherent in plot, now it just has to be written. Note that the book is split so that there is a chapter on Anchorome that is adventure, then Achorome Supplemental information (monsters, character options,etc) then it is followed up by the portion of the adventure that is in the Limitless Light and finally a supplemental description of the crunch for the plane.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2019 :  18:47:35  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will say first the first things that come to mind without reading it and then read it to see how much they line up

You say rainbow, and my first thoughts become Heimdall/Helm/Hemdahl the metahel deity on top of a celestial staircase (rainbow). This makes me think of the great tree Yggdrassil as well, and in the Adusgi I was putting a gigantic tree named Raelkath's Sprout (to be similar to Yggdrassil's Child on Ruathym). This leads my mind to the audsgi forest where the kercpa, hybsil, and shatjan live (and near the bear folk) because of the giant flowers of riotous colors.... and perhaps these beautifully colored flowers are tied to a link to the plane of rainbows.

However, I also hear rainbow, and the first thing that pops in my head is "man that would so much better fit the Wakanari highlands of Katashaka, which have earthmotes that drizzle water constantly on the earth below and present rainbow in the sky". They even have a Rainbow jaguar goddess (Ix Chel) who is served by her toucan griffin mount Oolourou with wings made of rainbow light that teaches the animals to speak.

Anyway, on to reading.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 21 Dec 2019 18:54:21
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2019 :  19:52:11  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, having read your description, I have to say on some things we're doing some somewhat similar developments. Down in the Wakanari Highlands I was having earthmotes that each have powerful entities (like great spirits) that act as guides for the ruling nobility of sphinxes that rule over a land filled with cat folk (lion-like Lenastans, Tiger like Tigrans <would be called Rakasta in older books>, and spotted tabaxi) and bird folk (Parrotfolk and Tucati Toucanfolk) and Watilii flower folk that vary in size from tiny to large, and a tiny race of butterfly folk (literally caterpillar like with butterfly wings) and a tiny race of mouse folk (Muislings) and a small race of horned rabbit folk (the Miraji). Anyway, I was going to have a "phoenix" that was a peacock with rainbow hued tail that is one of these great beings that provides guidance to the ruling sphinxes (I'm picturing like five or six such entitities, including a normal phoenix, a giant lion named Nobanna with a mane of flame, a dragonne that has advanced to become a "air dragon" after studying the arts of the "air dragons" of Coliar, and a giant butterfly spirit, and the spirit of Harifur the Horny Horned Hare). Anyway, the peacock seems very like your Achiyalabopa. I may link these two spirits back to each other and the Aearee. They may be sisters.

Second... I'm stealing an idea from you for the Wakanari Highlands. I had earthmotes, and I intended there be lots of them. I had not considered connecting them with rainbow bridges, but considering the nature of the place... snag... Maybe they aren't there all the time but something like a mythal grants folk the ability to extend one between motes as needed.

Hmmm, and one of these earthmotes/earth islands should definitely have a link to this Plane of Limitless Light you reference from a dragon article.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2019 :  19:55:32  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and reading further

On Toril, Kan'wita Falls is said to be joined by equally massive waterfalls in the southerly continents of Katashaka and there are rumors of an artificial rainbow created by djinn in the lands of Zakhara which also hold a connection.

thanks, you read my mind.

Also, I could definitely see another link to this plane falling in Nimbral. With its ties to illusion via the illusionists and Leira worship, I could buy into that idea. Some of the "fey" folk of Nimbral may actually be from the demiplane of limitless light.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 21 Dec 2019 21:15:24
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2019 :  20:57:48  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh, and reading further

On Toril, Kan'wita Falls is said to be joined by equally massive waterfalls in the southerly continents of Katashaka and there are rumors of an artificial rainbow created by djinn in the lands of Zakhara which also hold a connection.

Lol we are usually on the same page. I figured that if you really do develop Katashaka in depth, additional connections would be important. I just spent the last two days scanning books finding monsters related to rainbows and the list is daunting. If I update them all, this will end up being a monster manual in its own right.

Prismasaurus, Prismatic Roper, Prismatic Golem, Quesar, Prismatic Dragon, Prismfly, Rainbow Dweller, Glimmerfolk, Renbuu the Slaad Lord of Color, Leprechaun. (Just kidding), Lillend, Corrolax, Reigar, Esthetics

Then there are other creatures I want to relate as well such as ravids, zoveri, and energons.

Finally I want to include new creatures called rainbow serpents (couatl look alike that are just beasts), a Rainbow Phoenix and the Chromatic Titan (Empyrean)

That’s a lot to update.

Made a lot of progress on the adventure by the way, this thing is going to be a bit larger than I initially thought..

The Limitless Light WIP 12-21-29

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Edited by - Seethyr on 21 Dec 2019 22:00:14
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2019 :  10:58:16  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Oh, and reading further

Lol we are usually on the same page. I figured that if you really do develop Katashaka in depth, additional connections would be important. I just spent the last two days scanning books finding monsters related to rainbows and the list is daunting. If I update them all, this will end up being a monster manual in its own right.

Prismasaurus, Prismatic Roper, Prismatic Golem, Quesar, Prismatic Dragon, Prismfly, Rainbow Dweller, Glimmerfolk, Renbuu the Slaad Lord of Color, Leprechaun. (Just kidding), Lillend, Corrolax, Reigar, Esthetics

Then there are other creatures I want to relate as well such as ravids, zoveri, and energons.

Finally I want to include new creatures called rainbow serpents (couatl look alike that are just beasts), a Rainbow Phoenix and the Chromatic Titan (Empyrean)

That’s a lot to update.

Made a lot of progress on the adventure by the way, this thing is going to be a bit larger than I initially thought..

The Limitless Light WIP 12-21-29

Hmmm, prismfly… firefly like creatures that might have tails that glow like faerie fire. I think it might be interesting to put a spin on those for maybe a creature that can CAST faerie fire. I was planning on making a tiny race that were based on butterflies to express rainbow colors... but why not butterfly folk that also act like fireflies. If they have blue wings, they have a blue glow... red wings, red glow..... Gonna think on that. Trying to come up with some interesting ideas for tiny races that someone could actually run a game where all the characters are small and tiny and not have it feel like a furry convention.

BTW, on your rainbow serpent idea, I had been thinking about tiny versions of couatl. There's already flying snakes with brightly colored wings in the monster manual. They are size tiny, so in my view they make great enemies for many of the size tiny "societies" I'm thinking about. Granted, flying snake wings are probably bat like and not feathered. I'd also been thinking "what if some tiny race had combined themselves with flying snakes like a yuan-ti did".

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2019 :  19:04:16  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
been just enjoying playing with 3d modeling and learning. Also, figured these could make good artwork that I'm willing to share. Really need to start learning to make things from scratch.

better pictures without base
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CGiMvZED8L0ksJWt-kKP6VHRLxvMTfOG/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/176OIVuPGj5-V-ULKV-_s0zBmaz4XHCxa/view?usp=sharing

sources used

Mousefolk! (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2843008) by mz4250 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Squirrel (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:182286) by YahooJAPAN is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Wizard Wand (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2076566) by Jtachan is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Gunny Sacks (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:36200) by BenitoSanduchi is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

Animals for Tabletop Gaming! (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2847707) by mz4250 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 23 Dec 2019 19:07:47
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2019 :  01:55:10  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

been just enjoying playing with 3d modeling and learning. Also, figured these could make good artwork that I'm willing to share. Really need to start learning to make things from scratch.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CGiMvZED8L0ksJWt-kKP6VHRLxvMTfOG/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/176OIVuPGj5-V-ULKV-_s0zBmaz4XHCxa/view?usp=sharing

sources used

Mousefolk! (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2843008) by mz4250 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Squirrel (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:182286) by YahooJAPAN is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Wizard Wand (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2076566) by Jtachan is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Gunny Sacks (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:36200) by BenitoSanduchi is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.

Animals for Tabletop Gaming! (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2847707) by mz4250 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

I think you are getting a lot better! I don't know if you are interested, and yes, using the better features of this site costs $$, but check out what you can do to your images using...

https://www.befunky.com/create/photo-to-art/

I took the liberty of altering your Kercpa and making a few different versions of it you might like (I have a sub to the site). It takes away that 3D computer graphic look that hurts the realism a tad.

Tell me if you like any of these versions better that what you have and I can alter other images for you.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1026xztUg7fvzOdvtv80ge6YgHZP80kzh

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rdKyKYbOfFAkd2iii2UGryxW1-f9E2SE

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11mmGNlReeWQaB2U9q4eL7-rW2u09YMeD

There is a bunch of other versions too if I played around with it for a longer time. I highly recommend the site. I am making so much art right now out of that and simple public domain photographs.

I also have a newer WIP of the Limitless Light up. Plus the remainder is completely outlined for a cohesive adventure. I'm kind of excited to finish it, but not excited to stat up the 20+ new monsters it requires.

The Limitless Light WIP 12-23-19

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Edited by - Seethyr on 24 Dec 2019 01:57:34
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2019 :  07:43:02  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fiance just started playing and she mentioned how it would be interesting if her cleric of Heimdall's holy symbol could be in the form of a cornucopia. I wrote up something that fit the Norse pantheon, but I realized it could easily fit the metahel, as maybe an ancient magic item that was lost to them when metahel adventurers went into say the Adusgi... so posting the idea.

Cornucopia Horn of Eldunna (requires attunement)
This long, twisting goat's horn is one of many rumored to have belonged to the great goat Heidrun which consumes the foliage of the great world ash and produces mead for the warriors that serve the gods in the afterlife, harvested periodically from it by the clergy of the goddess Eldunna and slowly regrowing. Unlike a normal goat's horn, this Cornucopia is made of of wood with an outer layer of keratin. It is thick enough to be waterproof and its interior is sealed to prevent damage if used as a drinking vessel. Its pointed end is capped by an apple made of gold, and when this cap is removed, the horn may be blown in a manner similar to a hunting horn.
The Cornucopia Horn of Eldunna has several powers, most of them being food related, though these foods may have magical properties. The cornucopia has seven charges. The cornucopia regains 1d6 + 1 expended charges daily at dawn. At an expense of a single charge, the cornucopia horn can produce enough fresh water, apple cider or goat's milk to fill up to five waterskins per day and enough fresh fruits and vegetables to supply 12 meals (no individual may consume more than 3 meals in a day). These foods only last for a single day before turning bad and thus must be used the same day that they are summoned, and consuming them restores a single hit point per meal. Consuming a meal requires ten minutes. In addtion, The cornucopia may be used to produce any one of the following "potions" which may be drunk from the horn at the cost of one charge.
Goat's Milk of Heidrun - Potion of Growth
Honeycrisp Apple wine - Potion of Healing (common)
Boiled Gillyweed Extract - this salty tasting concoction acts as Potion of Water Breathing
Royal Honey - Potion of Animal Friendship
Heidrun's Mead - Potion of Hill Giant Strength (str 21 for one hour)
In addition, At will, it can fire a food object (a trio of carrots, golden delicious apples, onions, parsnips, peaches, potatoes, or a single head of cabbage, coconut, or sugar beet) at a single target within 60 feet for 1d8 bludgeoning damage (said foods disappear within one minute of hitting their target, and cannot provide permanent sustenance). Alternatively, the wielder may expend a charge to fire a larger flurry of nuts (acorns, pecans, walnuts, and chestnuts) in a 15 ft cone doing 3d6 bludgeoning damage. At an expense of two charges, a single apple seemingly made of golden light may be fired to a range of 60 feet and then burst in a sphere of light doing 3d6 radiant damage with a 15 ft radius.
Finally, the horn may be blown in order to summon a wood woad (see Volo's Guide to Monsters) which takes the form of an apple tree with golden apples at an expense of four charges, an awakened tree (see monster manual) at an expense of two charges, a dryad (see Monster Manual) at an expense of two charges, or four awakened shrubs (see monster manual) at an expense of one charge, to faithfully serve the summoner, who must speak to them in either the sylvan or elven language. They return to Ysgard after 1 hour or when they drop to 0 hit points, leaving behind the material plant that they had inhabited. This can only be performed in an area in which trees exist, as the spirit of the summoned creature is anchored in the nearby vegetation temporarily.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

shades of eternity
Learned Scribe

288 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2019 :  21:35:26  Show Profile  Visit shades of eternity's Homepage Send shades of eternity a Private Message  Reply with Quote
cripse, get sidetracked and all the good stuff gets added.

Let me look this over before I do anything, because darm. :)

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2019 :  23:44:11  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

sources used

I think you are getting a lot better! I don't know if you are interested, and yes, using the better features of this site costs $$, but check out what you can do to your images using...

https://www.befunky.com/create/photo-to-art/

I took the liberty of altering your Kercpa and making a few different versions of it you might like (I have a sub to the site). It takes away that 3D computer graphic look that hurts the realism a tad.

Tell me if you like any of these versions better that what you have and I can alter other images for you.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1026xztUg7fvzOdvtv80ge6YgHZP80kzh

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rdKyKYbOfFAkd2iii2UGryxW1-f9E2SE

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11mmGNlReeWQaB2U9q4eL7-rW2u09YMeD

There is a bunch of other versions too if I played around with it for a longer time. I highly recommend the site. I am making so much art right now out of that and simple public domain photographs.

I also have a newer WIP of the Limitless Light up. Plus the remainder is completely outlined for a cohesive adventure. I'm kind of excited to finish it, but not excited to stat up the 20+ new monsters it requires.

The Limitless Light WIP 12-23-19

Thank you for that idea. I like the first and third version. I'm currently playing with making some shatjan and hybsil (and a larger version of hybsil since hybsil are small). But, I do like the idea of taking the 3d version and making it a little more cartoony.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2019 :  14:03:25  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was having so much fun playing with 3d modeling that I created a lot of different variants. I'm still making different kercpa too, but I made some shatjan (moose/elk headed folk). In the summaries, I kind of made some references to ideas I have for their involvement in the Adusgee Forest. Links to the STL files below, and Seethyr check out my painting challenge in another thread. Oh, and the kercpa… I've been thinking it might be neat if there were tribes of them in the snow elf lands to the north as well, and possibly the flying squirrel versions in the land of the Aearee. No development on that other than I think the snow elves may have taught the kercpa magic (and they may have begun to learn more by stealing spellbooks from the humans of Fort Flame and the islands off the coast).

Dire Hummingbird Mount (remix) (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4072845) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

jackalope (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4072788) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Squirrelfolk Druid Leprechaun Hat and Scroll (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4072774) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.

Squirrelfolk Druid riding flying jackalope (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4072781) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Squirrelfolk wizard riding dire hummingbird mount (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4072872) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Squirrelfolk wizard with staff (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4072855) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Squirrelfolk wizard flying owlcat (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4065085) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Cervidae Folk (Shatjan) ranger #1 (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4073330) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Cervidae Folk (Shatjan) ranger with wood block shoulders (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4073345) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Cervidae Folk (Shatjan) riding elk (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4073387) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Cervidae Folk (Shatjan) warlock of the fey with eagle familiar (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4073364) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Cervidae Folk (Shatjan) barbarian https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4073314 by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2019 :  23:16:54  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Was having so much fun playing with 3d modeling that I created a lot of different variants. I'm still making different kercpa too, but I made some shatjan (moose/elk headed folk). In the summaries, I kind of made some references to ideas I have for their involvement in the Adusgee Forest. Links to the STL files below, and Seethyr check out my painting challenge in another thread. Oh, and the kercpa… I've been thinking it might be neat if there were tribes of them in the snow elf lands to the north as well, and possibly the flying squirrel versions in the land of the Aearee. No development on that other than I think the snow elves may have taught the kercpa magic (and they may have begun to learn more by stealing spellbooks from the humans of Fort Flame and the islands off the coast).

Dire Hummingbird Mount (remix) (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4072845) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

jackalope (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4072788) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Squirrelfolk Druid Leprechaun Hat and Scroll (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4072774) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.

Squirrelfolk Druid riding flying jackalope (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4072781) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Squirrelfolk wizard riding dire hummingbird mount (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4072872) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Squirrelfolk wizard with staff (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4072855) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Squirrelfolk wizard flying owlcat (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4065085) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Cervidae Folk (Shatjan) ranger #1 (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4073330) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Cervidae Folk (Shatjan) ranger with wood block shoulders (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4073345) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Cervidae Folk (Shatjan) riding elk (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4073387) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Cervidae Folk (Shatjan) warlock of the fey with eagle familiar (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4073364) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Cervidae Folk (Shatjan) barbarian https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4073314 by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.

Have you considered using skiurid as antagonists for the kercpa? I know its weird, but I just have this urge to see little squirrel wars in the treetops.

https://thecreaturecodex.tumblr.com/post/188639587772/skiurid

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2019 :  23:44:10  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting. Is that pure pathfinder? I'd be REAL hesitant to take their ideas and put them into D&D with their names, but the idea of their being some evil kercpa does bear some merit.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2019 :  02:34:04  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just.... well.... you just HAVE to open this Seethyr (hopefully you have an stl viewer of some sort). Between you, me, and anyone else reading this thread, I'm privately naming it "The Battle for Raelkath's Sprout". I would have loved to have added a giant honeysuckle vine and a tree, and maybe a wood woad, snow elf, dryad, and a hybsil and maybe some of those evil horned alaghis you made (named eludes me) and some bearfolk (snow bearfolk fighting the brown bearfolk, etc..). Talk about a forest earning its nickname.

SquirrelFolk riding Cervidae Folk riding elk while fighting gnolls (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4074321) by sleyvas is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2019 :  05:34:45  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Interesting. Is that pure pathfinder? I'd be REAL hesitant to take their ideas and put them into D&D with their names, but the idea of their being some evil kercpa does bear some merit.

Nope, they were 3e first in one of the MMs.

And wow, there is a lot going on with that shatjan lol. That thing is awesome.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2019 :  14:13:56  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Nope, they were 3e first in one of the MMs.

And wow, there is a lot going on with that shatjan lol. That thing is awesome.

Oh really? I may just have to go look into that... thank you. Maybe there's a section of the Adusgee that's corrupted by unseelie, but not in the traditional unseelie form. We do know that Anchorome DOES have the traditional fey, and you even put some fey that could be unseelie in that Plane of Limitless Light module.

BTW.... picture it in your head..... kercpa warlock... his familiar a pixie, sprite, pseudodragon, or faerie dragon.... both are size tiny. I've been kind of wondering about pixies and sprites as to HOW big they are OFFICIALLY, because I know the kercpa are between a foot to a foot and a half (with rare ones I believe nearing two foot, but that's homebrew). I'm actually picturing sprites and pixies as even smaller (like 6 inches to a foot)…. and those fey known as petals too.

Also, in the lands of the snow elves of the far north, I'm picturing the "snow sprites" that we hear in relation to Auril (as Aurilandur the frost spite queen) and Rellavar Danuvien the companion deity of the snow elf god who is the god of frost sprites. Since Auril is canonically the queen of air and darkness in the realms, maybe she has a foothold as Aurilandur in the very far north with the snow elves, frost sprites, and even maybe the snow bear folk.

The further north we go, I'm picturing the land on the north east as being less human and much more fey, but not tied to Evermeet in any way. Glouras, Quicklings, frost sprites, and maybe even these evil squirrels associated with darkness. Maybe in the mountains some avariels that don't like the Aearee and maybe even conflict with the snow elves (and possibly even Evermeet).... said mountains having links to the underdark as well. Throwing in evil oriented tree beings as well might work too.... maybe they throw their own corrupted fruit. By this I'm picturing this as you go beyond the Adusgee Forest and maybe even onto that continent even beyond Anchorome.

BTW, just noting links to the "frost sprite" and they are apparently canonically FR. They're in AD&D 2e Monstrous Compendium Forgotten Realms Appendix (1991)

https://dungeonsdragons.fandom.com/wiki/Frost_sprite

I hate the image of them though that I see there. Looking up that old work from 1991.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 30 Dec 2019 15:12:23
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2019 :  18:39:19  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, I know I'm still working on a bajillion things, and so I'm thinking what I want to do is start doing some things for Anchorome in bite sized pieces while I work on other things. For instance, while I've been interested from a visual perspective of having humanoid cervidae folk (Shatjan) and tauric cervidae folk (hybsil) in the Adusgee as NPC's and PC's, I've not developed rules for them. So, like the Kercpa race I just did, I think I want to make a DM's guild article for these races. However, I'd like to have various sub-races for them and I'd like to throw out for maybe some ideas that I can tweak. As a preliminary, here's what I'm picturing

Main racial abilities to build on strength. Maybe give the survival skill. All the subraces favor the barbarian class. Unlike normal creatures with antlers, maybe they don't shed them?

Humanoid Cervidae Folk (Shatjan)
Moosehead = bonus to ability in Charisma, use antlers to improve AC, antlers are unusually hard compared to a normal moose. Strong and Charismatic, these are the leaders, but also the bards and they have warlocks who serve the archfey. They are outspoken, but sometimes hotheaded. They also have a fair number of paladins.

Caribouhead = bonus to ability in wisdom, use antlers to attack as a bonus action. They tend to fight either with two handed weapons or weapon and shield. Their antlers are much longer than any other sub-species and end in sharp points. They tend to be the clerics, druids, and monks of their people. They are much more quiet and reflective. They have Hishna spells to improve their antlers.

Staghead - slightly smaller in build than the others, and with smaller horns like a deer. An actual penalty to strength that negates the racial bonus, but a +4 bonus to dexterity and finessable and ranged weapons, and its not uncommon to find them fighting with two weapons. Rangers, Rogues, and bards are fairly common in their race. Its rumored that they can trace their ancestry to the Stag King of Rashemen and have some elven blood in their far gone past.

Tauric Cervidae Folk (Hybsil) - note facially they appear human, but their nose and mouth extend outwards and appear "deerish".

Hybsil - small tauric race. Small stubby horns, even smaller than a normal deers. Bonuses to dexterity. Check out the centaur in Ravnica's guide for ideas.

Large subrace. Name not chosen. To note, this race should be not specific on its type of horn, and its meant to be used in both Anchorome and Katashaka. Thus, they might have antlers/horns like an elk, deer, or the various antelopes found in Africa. Get pictures of these various shapes for ideas.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2019 :  19:11:45  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, I know I'm still working on a bajillion things, and so I'm thinking what I want to do is start doing some things for Anchorome in bite sized pieces while I work on other things. For instance, while I've been interested from a visual perspective of having humanoid cervidae folk (Shatjan) and tauric cervidae folk (hybsil) in the Adusgee as NPC's and PC's, I've not developed rules for them. So, like the Kercpa race I just did, I think I want to make a DM's guild article for these races. However, I'd like to have various sub-races for them and I'd like to throw out for maybe some ideas that I can tweak. As a preliminary, here's what I'm picturing

Main racial abilities to build on strength. Maybe give the survival skill. All the subraces favor the barbarian class. Unlike normal creatures with antlers, maybe they don't shed them?

Humanoid Cervidae Folk (Shatjan)
Moosehead = bonus to ability in Charisma, use antlers to improve AC, antlers are unusually hard compared to a normal moose. Strong and Charismatic, these are the leaders, but also the bards and they have warlocks who serve the archfey. They are outspoken, but sometimes hotheaded. They also have a fair number of paladins.

Caribouhead = bonus to ability in wisdom, use antlers to attack as a bonus action. They tend to fight either with two handed weapons or weapon and shield. Their antlers are much longer than any other sub-species and end in sharp points. They tend to be the clerics, druids, and monks of their people. They are much more quiet and reflective. They have Hishna spells to improve their antlers.

Staghead - slightly smaller in build than the others, and with smaller horns like a deer. An actual penalty to strength that negates the racial bonus, but a +4 bonus to dexterity and finessable and ranged weapons, and its not uncommon to find them fighting with two weapons. Rangers, Rogues, and bards are fairly common in their race. Its rumored that they can trace their ancestry to the Stag King of Rashemen and have some elven blood in their far gone past.

Tauric Cervidae Folk (Hybsil) - note facially they appear human, but their nose and mouth extend outwards and appear "deerish".

Hybsil - small tauric race. Small stubby horns, even smaller than a normal deers. Bonuses to dexterity. Check out the centaur in Ravnica's guide for ideas.

Large subrace. Name not chosen. To note, this race should be not specific on its type of horn, and its meant to be used in both Anchorome and Katashaka. Thus, they might have antlers/horns like an elk, deer, or the various antelopes found in Africa. Get pictures of these various shapes for ideas.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000