Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Evermeet post-Spellplague and move to Faerie
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Valen
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2019 :  14:45:22  Show Profile Send Valen a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm wondering about the shadow of Evermeet that is left on Toril after the Elven homeland's move to Faerie. From my understanding the island remains with few inhabitants and that many elves have chosen to stay in Faerie while others are returning to Faerun. Who is left on the island? elves who chose not to live in Faerie? Some of the creatures that lived there with the elves?

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2019 :  14:54:56  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Currently, Evermeet has returned to be accesisble from Toril. It touches Toril, Arvandor, and the Feywild at the same time, apparently, and its still inhabited by elves. Keep in mind that most of the changes brought by the Spellplague and by the transition from the end of the 3e era to the 4e era have been undone with the Second Sundering/5e.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 27 Jun 2019 10:43:22
Go to Top of Page

Renin
Learned Scribe

USA
290 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2019 :  20:29:54  Show Profile Send Renin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Distant poor memory here; but whatever happened to the Tree of life? I read the wiki about how it went to the mainland, came back to Evermeet to save it during sundering 2: electric boogaloo, but then it went back to the mainland to Myth Drannor?

What books was this?
Why won't that damned company write some lore?!
Go to Top of Page

Valen
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2019 :  20:39:12  Show Profile Send Valen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ooooooh!!! i hadn't even been thinking about everything in terms of editions. thanks for the info Irennan.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2019 :  10:42:48  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Renin

Distant poor memory here; but whatever happened to the Tree of life? I read the wiki about how it went to the mainland, came back to Evermeet to save it during sundering 2: electric boogaloo, but then it went back to the mainland to Myth Drannor?

What books was this?

Not 100% sure, but I think it was the Last Mythal trilogy. Either that, or some footnote added for the transition to 4e.

Edited by - Irennan on 27 Jun 2019 10:43:30
Go to Top of Page

BrennonGoldeye
Learned Scribe

105 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2019 :  18:53:40  Show Profile Send BrennonGoldeye a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What books was this?

The Last Mythal series had them bringing it to the Mainland. I know I have seen something that the power from the Tree channeled through the mythal when Thultanthar crashed and saved it from destruction. Ilsevele and Fflar were shifted to Semberholme, maybe the tree went there? I think they accidently brought in a plot device that would cause issues later, imagine that

Sam
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2019 :  19:16:18  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BrennonGoldeye

quote:

What books was this?

The Last Mythal series had them bringing it to the Mainland. I know I have seen something that the power from the Tree channeled through the mythal when Thultanthar crashed and saved it from destruction. Ilsevele and Fflar were shifted to Semberholme, maybe the tree went there? I think they accidently brought in a plot device that would cause issues later, imagine that

According to Ed, it's still in Myth Drannor, with some Baelnorn and some hardcore elves remaining in the monster-infested ruins to protect it.

Go to Top of Page

BrennonGoldeye
Learned Scribe

105 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2019 :  16:37:05  Show Profile Send BrennonGoldeye a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

quote:
Originally posted by BrennonGoldeye

quote:

What books was this?

According to Ed, it's still in Myth Drannor, with some Baelnorn and some hardcore elves remaining in the monster-infested ruins to protect it.

Excellent,that sets up a possible shift back to Cormanthor or keeping the area a "ultimate adventure" area with Killer Fey. Nice.

Sam

Sam
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2019 :  02:05:37  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

Currently, Evermeet has returned to be accesisble from Toril. It touches Toril, Arvandor, and the Feywild at the same time, apparently, and its still inhabited by elves. Keep in mind that most of the changes brought by the Spellplague and by the transition from the end of the 3e era to the 4e era have been undone with the Second Sundering/5e.

What I wonder is what happened to that shadow of Evermeet Post Sundering. It didn't occupy the same space as Evermeet, because it was off the coast of where Returned Abeir was, and Returned Abeir was supposed to be roughly where Maztica was. So.... the "shadow of Evermeet", did it go to Abeir? Is it still there? Did it go to the feywild? If it DID go to Abeir, are there links between it and "Toril" Evermeet? Do the elves of evermeet essentially have a door into another world open to them? Since there was some recent discovery into how the king killer star worked on dragons... might Abeir be headed into a dragon rage from high elves recreating an ancient and despicable act that might leave a world open for population?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2019 :  02:49:19  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
During the Spellplagued Realms, the elves could move between Shadow Evermeet and Evermeet in the Feywild at will, so, I guess that yes, if Shadow went to Abeir, there is a connection there.

Another thing that happened to Evermeet post-SS is that now is connected to all the worlds in the D&D multiverse, as per what is said in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 29 Jun 2019 02:51:46
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2020 :  05:42:45  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Zeromaru X,

What facilitated that connection to everywhere post-Smellplague?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

During the Spellplagued Realms, the elves could move between Shadow Evermeet and Evermeet in the Feywild at will, so, I guess that yes, if Shadow went to Abeir, there is a connection there.

Another thing that happened to Evermeet post-SS is that now is connected to all the worlds in the D&D multiverse, as per what is said in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2020 :  15:52:43  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd love to be privy to WotC's design notes, so I could understand why they took the decisions they took. Sadly, I don't.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2020 :  16:25:44  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Zeromaru X,

Ah, so in otherwords, it very well could be like the analogy Master Rupert made a few days ago about product design during this time: it's like a salad bar where everyone was picking and choosing what they want and seeing what it looks like in the end [paraphrase]? haha

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

I'd love to be privy to WotC's design notes, so I could understand why they took the decisions they took. Sadly, I don't.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000