Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Is Zakhara still part of Toril as of 5e?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ashes2ashes
Acolyte

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2019 :  13:47:31  Show Profile Send ashes2ashes a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I tried looking this up in the forgottenrealms wiki, but i couldnt find any conclusive information. Im new to dnd lore and cant excactly place things like the sundering.

So im realy confused if i can reference zakhara in my homebrew campaign or not.

jamesewelch
Learned Scribe

106 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2019 :  14:15:49  Show Profile Send jamesewelch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes. The 5e Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide has a small paragraph about it on pg 14.
Go to Top of Page

ashes2ashes
Acolyte

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2019 :  14:27:23  Show Profile Send ashes2ashes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you :) I guess i'll have to buy that then.
Go to Top of Page

jamesewelch
Learned Scribe

106 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2019 :  15:02:41  Show Profile Send jamesewelch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashes2ashes

Just so you know, it's a very small paragraph and it's the only mention in any of the 5e books that I've read. It's not mentioned or talked about anywhere else within SCAG.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2019 :  17:03:15  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I wouldn't buy it in hopes of getting information about Zakhara...it only mentions all of the land very briefly as mentioned already.

The original boxed set for Zakhara remains the best for playing there; though you may have to change so much if you want to play in the "current" Forgotten Realms.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

aidenwyatt
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2019 :  08:17:01  Show Profile Send aidenwyatt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's just a small paragraph that mentions all the land briefly.

http://happy-wheelsgames.com/
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2020 :  22:16:20  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte ashes2ashes,

I definitely concur with Great Reader Darden. Don't invest in that book for that purpose of getting information on Zakhara. You definitely want the 3rd edition stuff.

Now, that being said [minor edition hate coming], there are enormous, galaxy sized holes in the Realms post-Smellplague. They are doing it, IMO, so they can figure out what to fill in next so that it maximizes their profits. So, with that being said, I wouldn't plan on seeing anything about Zakhara for a long, long time, if ever.

Sadly, the lore we all crave, in a consistent manner, is just likely not going to happen. Best to go old school with 3rd ed material if you want the best material.

Just my opinion.

Best regards,

quote:

I tried looking this up in the forgottenrealms wiki, but i couldnt find any conclusive information. Im new to dnd lore and cant excactly place things like the sundering.

So im realy confused if i can reference zakhara in my homebrew campaign or not.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000