Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Apologies for the Lack of Updates
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2019 :  14:44:40  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Sorry for my absence from the forums, folks, but here's what's been going on.

1) Been dealing with lots of changes around my house. My younger nephew started kindergarten back in August and my niece has been dealing with considerable separation anxiety without him. She is CONSTANTLY in my face demanding my attention. She'll start kindergarten this coming August (she and my younger nephew are 14 months apart in age), so by then, I should have a lot more time.
2) Also have been dealing with illnesses running rampant in the house over the past few months. I was rather sick at one point but there was one point where my niece in particular was vomiting at least once an hour, so my hands were tied.
3) My grandmother was the biggest deal. She had dementia and high blood pressure. Dealing with her was a near round-the-clock affair when she was awake. Much as I loved her, she was also starting to cause near-total chaos here at home and made it hard for me to get time to relax. Not a good time to do research and write when you are playing nursemaid almost every 5 seconds. Sadly, my grandmother passed away this past weekend after developing pneumonia from a respiratory illness that hit the whole household. On Thursday, she showed signs of apparent trouble breathing and thinking when we took her to a local clinic where she was diagnosed with severe pneumonia and subsequesntly takent to the local hospital. She appeared to be improving by Saturday but then suddenly tanked that night and suddenly died of apparent heart failure while nurses and a doctor were attending to her. Her heart could not take any more. Final arrangements are still being made and she is dearly missed. Still, I am glad that her suffering is finally over.

Sooner or later (by late August, for sure), I should have more time to devote to my works on Candlekeep. Please be patient while I try to put all the pieces back together.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2019 :  17:18:28  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Real life family comes first. No apologies are needed. -Delnyn
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2019 :  18:38:58  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Worry not, Galuf. Very sorry to hear of your sad news and other issues can't have been easy. Candlekeep will always be here, so take care of thee and thine and we will see thee in due course.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2019 :  20:49:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, family and real life come first. Attend to you and yours before worrying about us!

My condolences on your loss. It's been quite a long time since I lost my grandma, and I still miss her.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2019 :  00:01:32  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry for your loss and the difficulties you've faced. Hang in there and I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the Realms.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

OldJarhead
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2019 :  01:24:38  Show Profile Send OldJarhead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear of your loss.

OldJarhead
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000