Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Fey Jesters Dice of Luck
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2019 :  19:07:44  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Tales have been told of Erevan Ilesere's infamous win in a game of dice with the other trickster deities of Abeir-Toril. In a tavern known as "Three notes to the wind" in Zazzespur, gathered the avatars of Brandobaris, Baravar Cloakshadow, Mask, Vhaeraun, Vergadain, and Erevan Ilesere. The stakes up for bet were followers, domains and profiles. In a 24 hour game the winner takes all. From 12 midnight to 12 midnight the next day the avatars played dice and won and lost many things. On the strike of Midnight, as the game was about to end, during the last die roll, Erevan declared a Midnight Gambol and rolled a double zero. The room erupted in absolute chaos as the other gods were slammed into the ceiling by anti-gravity, and then slammed into the floor as gravity was renewed. The food was turned into butterflies, the alcohol was turned into smoke and the tables, chairs and dishware sprung to life and started dancing. Erevan's avatar burst out laughing uncontrollably as the other deities tried to recover and see through the haze of chaos. The Avatar of Mask threw several daggers at Erevan which were tossed aside with a mere wave of his hand. The avatar of Brandobaris snuck behind Erevan and tried to backstab his avatar, only to pass through an image of him. The avatar of Baravar Cloakshadow cast a True seeing spell and realized that Erevan wasn't even in the room. The avatar of Vergadain immediately pounced on the Platinum and gold coins that fell on the floor after the table started dancing, while the Avatar of Vhaeraun just smiled and bowed before snapping his fingers and disappearing in a puff of toxic gas in the shape of a dark mask.

At that exact moment Erevan's avatar burst through the front door of the tavern and dived into a headlong roll, scooping up the dice and crashing through the window behind the bar. "I won, you all lose, and I'll see you all next year for another game."

That very same day, Erevan's avatar was drinking feywine at a elven tavern in Silverymoon and asked the owner to sit down to a game of dice. The owner, a young moon elf cleric of Erevan by the name of Curudin accepted the bet and played dice for many hours, imbibing many potent drinks and causing a few fights in the process of playing the game. In the end, the moon elf cleric won the final roll and demanded payment from the green elf before him. The green elf smiled a knowing smirk and threw the dice across the table at Curudin. "That is your payment my child."

Curudin stood up from his seat and drew both his swords while kicking the table aside in one swift movement. The green elf just chuckled and transformed into a Quickling and darted out the front door only to disappear on the busy streets of Silverymoon. Curudin walked back to the table to set it back in place and noticed the two die on the floor. Once he picked up the dice he immediately understood the magic within them. "I could start a thieves guild with these dice." he said to himself. "maybe something more."

Just then, a flamboyant copper elf walked into the tavern, covered in mud and dust. "I need a pint of Mithral Hall mead and a good game of dice." He threw his cloak onto a rack by the door and bowed. "I'm Laeirlefain Starleaf, and I'm looking for a fight, a wench, and a game of dice... and it doesn't have to be in that order." he said while laughing a jolly laugh.

"I have all three." said Curudin as he pulled out a chair at the same table he had just kicked and offered the copper elf to take a seat.

The Fey Jesters Dice of Luck; Minor Artifact

These two die are percentile dice. The owner of these dice gain the following abilities.

*Re-roll any save, attack, damage, skill or ability roll 4 times a day.
*Re-roll any opponents save, attack, damage, skill or ability roll 4 times a day.

*Every time these dice are rolled treat as a Greater Rod of Wonder.

The first time rolled it is a common result. The second time it is rolled it is a uncommon result. The third time it is rolled it is a rare result. Any time a double zero is rolled, the effects of a Time Stop spell is placed on the person who rolled it, allowing that person to act freely for 3 rounds, within the rules and guidelines of the Time Stop spell.

*The owner gains a +5 luck bonus to all saves.
*The owner may commune with Erevan Ilesere on every solstice and equinox as a 20th level cleric.

Owners special benefits.

**In addition to any die roll you cast, and the effects of the rod of wonder table, these special benefits apply to the owner of the die only and personally.

*If the owner rolls a double zero: Immediate Time Stop spell in a 50 foot radius of the die owner, cast at full caster level of owner. Furthermore, you may cast the spells of Anti-Gravity, Screen and Project Image if you wish to do so at full caster level, without having those spells in your list of spells known.

*If the owner rolls a 12: You gain a +5 good luck bonus to all rolls made until the start of your next turn. In addition, you gain a -5 bad luck curse on all Fortitude saves until the start of your next turn.

*If the owner rolls a 22 You gain a +5 good luck bonus to all dexterity based rolls until the start of your next turn. In addition, you receive a bad luck curse on your movement. You can only move 50% at your normal speed until the start of your next turn. (Example- If you could normally move 30', you can now only move 15'}

*If the owner rolls a 99 You are automatically teleported to a random location of your most recent desire, as if casting the Greater Teleport without error spell. Once arriving at said location you will suffer a -5 bad luck curse on all charisma rolls for 2 turns.

* If the owner rolls snake eyes You gain a +5 good luck bonus to the DC's of all spells you cast until the start of your next turn. In addition, you receive a -5 bad luck curse to all Reflex saves you make until the start of your next turn.

Edited by - Copper Elven Vampire on 22 Aug 2019 23:27:27

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2019 :  03:27:42  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brilliant. the game play with this was brilliant.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2019 :  01:46:28  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-A Rod of Wonder is good for the unpredictability part, but I think there's more randomness than good/bad luck when it comes to that. Maybe a specific table more related to luck, as opposed to randomness.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  19:45:04  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-A Rod of Wonder is good for the unpredictability part, but I think there's more randomness than good/bad luck when it comes to that. Maybe a specific table more related to luck, as opposed to randomness.

I may actually give that a shot. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  23:26:27  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is that what you meant??
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000