Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Crown of Eaerlann Teasers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2019 :  22:47:22  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Darksong Heresy
The Darksong Heresy refers to a little known cult whose practictioners are drawn only from the oldest gold elf houses, who can trace their heritage back to the era before the Crown Wars, known as the First Flowering. Darksong Heretics, who call themselves N’vaess’teu, which loosely translates as “Darkeners of the Moon,” draw their beliefs from an obscure prophecy attributed to Sehanine Moonbow, known as the Song of the Moondark:

In the dark of the moon, as life doth fade,
Therein lies hope, in the song of the glade.
As crowns lie broken, the dark queen must fall,
To raise up an heir, the silver does call.
With swords raised up high, the magic does flow,
Rivers of sorrow, and storms that do blow.
The moon then gives way, as cometh the dawn,
For the sun does proclaim the shining morn."

This prophecy has many interpretations. Perhaps the most common is that it speaks about an eclipse, which leads to a transformation of an elven realm. The date of the eclipse and the realm of which it speaks is unclear.
A more obscure and radical belief is that the prophecy foretells the fall of Lolth, Demon Queen of Spiders, and the reclamation of the drow by the church of Eilistraee. Most elves view such talk as a heresy in and of itself, as the Seldarine were responsible for the Descent of the Drow and thus unlikely to reverse their own decree.
Darksong Heretics view the prophecy as a call to arms, heralding the return of gold elves as the rightful rulers of the Fair Folk through force of arms. Believers in this prophecy see the overthrow of moon elf coronals (the “shattering of crowns”) and death of many elves (the “rivers of sorrow”) as a necessary, if unfortunate, means to an end: to restore the glories of ancient Aryvandaar.
Darksong heretics have access to the DarknessSC, DestinyRoD, ElfSC, MoonSC, and PrideSC domains. Their only option for a favored weapon is the elven thinblade. Their weapon of the deityMag is a +1 elf bane thinblade. Cleric believers in this heresy must be chaotic neutral or chaotic evil.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2019 :  22:50:43  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would love to see a novel about this. All of this is eventually going to be available through DMs Guild, or? I assume you will let us know where we can read it in full? Is there any indication of when this prophecy first appeared? The Seldarine (at least according to history) did not know the Descent would happen, as the high magic ritual was meant to target the Ilythiir, not other dark elves. But it ended up striking all of them.

Sweet water and light laughter

Edited by - CorellonsDevout on 01 Oct 2019 23:12:05
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2019 :  23:11:49  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Deepening Moon

Hello Eric,
can you tell me, if there is any link between the fey’ri and the nalfeshnee Zukothoth (who according to „Mintiper’s Chapbook Part 8: Grandfather Tree“ and „Lost Empires of Faerûn“ was a former prisoner of Runlatha’s late ruler)? Are there any ties between him and the daemonfey? Something like the connection between the tanar’ri Arcanrathnar and Lady Sarya Dlardrageth? Or didn't they have anything to do with each other?
Thank you very much in advance.

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Lament of the Blue Bear

The Twelve Tribes of the Uthgardt trace their heritage back to Netherese refugees who fled Runlatha after the Fall of Netheril and the Ruathen raiders who smashed Illusk and then followed Uthgar Gardolfsson into the North. The original twelve tribes included the Black Lion, Black Raven, Blue Bear, Elk, Golden Eagle, Gray Wolf, Great Worm, Griffon, Red Pony, Red Tiger (Snow Cat), Sky Pony, and Thunderbeast tribes. The Golden Eagle and Red Pony tribes vanished into the Underdark centuries ago, but the Blue Bear tribe is the first to go extinct.
Some sages trace the fall of the Blue Bear tribe to the Mark of Zukothoth, the nalfeshnee who was said to have scored a mortal wound against the Bey of Runlatha while the warlord collapsed a cavern atop both their heads with the Axe of Berun. (...)

There is no known link at this time. I'm more likely to tie Zukothoth to the unnamed demon lord discussed in Polyhedron #125, page 25, building off the reference for 876 DR in GHotR, page 108, and The North: Cities, page 49.

Here's the passage:

"When High Lady Mage Elue Dualen left her rule of Silverymoon in the Year of the Toothless Skulls (876 DR) to deal with an emergency in the Outer Planes, Tulrun and Lynnilsha accompanied her. While two of the High Lady's apprentices returned to Silverymoon the next year to overthrow Warlord Lashtor's brutal regime, the rest found themselves in a war with minions of a tanar'ri lord.

Although Elue derailed the tanar'ri lord's plan to conquer the North, Lynnilsha was killed. Tulrun was unable to stop it or bring her back. The Tiger Mage retreated again to his animal side, and stalked the Beastlands."

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2019 :  23:15:05  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

I would love to see a novel about this. All of this is eventually going to be available through DMs Guild, or? I assume you will let us know where we can read it in full? Is there any indication of when this prophecy first appeared? The Seldarine (at least according to history) did not know the Descent would happen, as the high magic ritual was meant to target the Ilythiir, not other dark elves. But it ended up striking all of them.

Haven't decide where yet, but it'll be in Crown of Eaerlann. I gave you the sidebar I wrote for it. There will be at least one cleric in this heretical cult in the adventure. After that, it's up to you.

It's not the only heresy in there ... a pantheon of only CG gods is kind of boring.

--
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2019 :  23:25:56  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am excited to see the completion of Crown of Eaerlann.

Go to Top of Page

Deepening Moon
Acolyte

17 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2019 :  00:06:36  Show Profile Send Deepening Moon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Eric,
thank you very much for answering my question on Zukothoth. Very nice!
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2019 :  04:10:50  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I am excited to see the completion of Crown of Eaerlann.

Me too. ;-)

--
Go to Top of Page

Cosmar
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  16:17:35  Show Profile Send Cosmar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Darksong Heresy is really interesting! Do you think they'd find common cause with the Eldreth Veluthraa, or work against them?
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  16:53:56  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmar

The Darksong Heresy is really interesting! Do you think they'd find common cause with the Eldreth Veluthraa, or work against them?

Common cause. The cleric I wrote this for is from a noble house that's one of the sponsors of the EV.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Cosmar
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2019 :  23:46:35  Show Profile Send Cosmar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That makes sense. I just wasn't sure if Darksong Heretic gold elves would want to work with non-gold elves in EV given the Heretics' elf vs. elf mentality.

Also, I wonder if the Darksong Heresy might have had anything to do with the instigation of the Crown Wars? It would make sense I think, and give the hostile Gold Elf houses a somewhat more legitimate reason than just assuming out of thin air that they are the best elves and everyone else should be grateful to be ruled by them...and along those lines, the Heresy might have been a reason for the original Daemonfey houses to do what they did as well.

Edited by - Cosmar on 13 Oct 2019 23:48:50
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2019 :  18:10:12  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Autumnal Rotting Sect
The Autumnal Rotting sect is an obscure elven cult whose practitioners believe that elven society can only be renewed by first accelerating the pervasive decay that has infected the existing world. To members of this sect, known as Autumn’s Spores, all sentient life that is not part of the natural world must be destroyed, and even all elven institutions must crumble before the cycle of life can begin again.
The Autumnal Rotting sect first emerged among the Fair Folk of Tsornyl, an elven city in the great forest of Cormanthor north of the Glaemril, in the Year of the Verdant Pain (38 DR) nearly a century after the Darkbringer’s cult began to grow among the humans of Yûlash to the north. The Fair Folk believe it was the prayers of this cult, started by an elven merchant who had visited human-ruled Yûlash in the Year of the Dark Venom (37 DR) and been infected by a dark seed, that incited the Darkbringer to bring doom to Tsornyl in the Year of Clinging Death (75 DR).
This cult’s beliefs are an anathema to followers of the Seldarine, who actively hunt down the Autumnal Rotting sect wherever it takes root, driving members of this cult to practice their faith in absolute secrecy. No true elven deity answers the prayers of these cultists, so they venerate Moander the Darkbringer and his supposed bride, Zuggtmoy, the Demon Queen of Fungi, who dwell beneath the shade of Malgarius, the Demon Tree.
While most priests of this cult are druids or favored souls (Complete Divine), some are clerics who have access to the Corruption (Book of Vile Darkness), Destruction, Evil, Plant, and Slime domains. Like most followers of Zuggtmoy, but unlike most followers of Moander, their only option for a favored weapon is the scythe. Their weapon of the deity (Magic of Faerun) is a +1 corrosive (see page 342) scythe. Cleric believers in this sect must be neutral evil or chaotic evil.

--

Edited by - ericlboyd on 18 Oct 2019 18:11:36
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2019 :  18:19:21  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! Talk about anathema to elven society.

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2019 :  18:33:11  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

As a I said earlier, a pantheon of CG deities is BORING!!!!

:-)

--
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2019 :  18:55:35  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

As a I said earlier, a pantheon of CG deities is BORING!!!!

:-)

Lol well, sounds like they don't even follow the Seldarine.

I do love the Seldarine though, "boring" CG or not lol.

Go to Top of Page

Cosmar
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2019 :  20:20:39  Show Profile Send Cosmar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like these non-good elven sects partially for expanding options for elven villainy outside the Daemonfey and Eldreth Veluthraa.

And I always thought Zuggtmoy was a stylish and unique and underused villainous power. Sure we have Moander and Ghaunadar and Malar, but there's something really cool about such specific plant-based destruction/decay. Are you familiar with the (from Dungeon 337) prestige class Thrall of Zuggtmoy?

Edited by - Cosmar on 19 Oct 2019 20:30:27
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2019 :  20:38:37  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, I've drawn from that article, but didn't include a thrall of Zuggtmoy. I did include a worshiper or two of hers though.

--

Edited by - ericlboyd on 19 Oct 2019 20:47:52
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2019 :  20:53:27  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Autumnal Rotting Sect
The Autumnal Rotting sect is an obscure elven cult whose practitioners believe that elven society can only be renewed by first accelerating the pervasive decay that has infected the existing world. To members of this sect, known as Autumn’s Spores, all sentient life that is not part of the natural world must be destroyed, and even all elven institutions must crumble before the cycle of life can begin again.

What causes elves to join this cult, especially since it is anathema to the Seldarine and what most elves stand for? If they are weeded out whenever they take root, what causes them to form up again? It's interesting that this idea has survived, though on the very outskirts.

I'm also curious as to why the Seldarine themselves haven't done anything about this cult, considering this cult is the opposite of most elven values. Then again, the Eldreth have persisted, as well, though most distance themselves from it. It's probably the same as it is for the extremists among any race; the rest want no association, or actively try to eliminate it.

Go to Top of Page

Cosmar
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2019 :  22:51:54  Show Profile Send Cosmar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Probably a misinterpretation of the Seldarine's will, or perhaps an arrogant assumption that the Seldarine are, in fact, wrong...
Go to Top of Page

BadLuckBugbear
Seeker

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2019 :  23:02:15  Show Profile Send BadLuckBugbear a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Autumnal Rotting Sect
The Autumnal Rotting sect first emerged among the Fair Folk of Tsornyl, an elven city in the great forest of Cormanthor north of the Glaemril, in the Year of the Verdant Pain (38 DR) nearly a century after the Darkbringer’s cult began to grow among the humans of Yûlash to the north. The Fair Folk believe it was the prayers of this cult, started by an elven merchant who had visited human-ruled Yûlash in the Year of the Dark Venom (37 DR) and been infected by a dark seed, that incited the Darkbringer to bring doom to Tsornyl in the Year of Clinging Death (75 DR).
This cult’s beliefs are an anathema to followers of the Seldarine, who actively hunt down the Autumnal Rotting sect wherever it takes root, driving members of this cult to practice their faith in absolute secrecy. No true elven deity answers the prayers of these cultists, so they venerate Moander the Darkbringer and his supposed bride, Zuggtmoy, the Demon Queen of Fungi, who dwell beneath the shade of Malgarius, the Demon Tree.
While most priests of this cult are druids or favored souls (Complete Divine), some are clerics who have access to the Corruption (Book of Vile Darkness), Destruction, Evil, Plant, and Slime domains. Like most followers of Zuggtmoy, but unlike most followers of Moander, their only option for a favored weapon is the scythe. Their weapon of the deity (Magic of Faerun) is a +1 corrosive (see page 342) scythe. Cleric believers in this sect must be neutral evil or chaotic evil.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Slay! And let the rot cover all.

Ewan Cummins

Edited by - BadLuckBugbear on 19 Oct 2019 23:03:55
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2019 :  01:30:27  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What causes elves to join this cult, especially since it is anathema to the Seldarine and what most elves stand for? If they are weeded out whenever they take root, what causes them to form up again? It's interesting that this idea has survived, though on the very outskirts.

I'm also curious as to why the Seldarine themselves haven't done anything about this cult, considering this cult is the opposite of most elven values. Then again, the Eldreth have persisted, as well, though most distance themselves from it. It's probably the same as it is for the extremists among any race; the rest want no association, or actively try to eliminate it.

There are lots of evil cults that no good deity "stops". No one knows how deities actually think and act, but presumably they are blocked from doing so by the divine protection of evil deities. The Seldarine also haven't wiped out the fey'ri ... and they consorted with demons.

As to why one would join such a nihilistic cult ... I think every race has certain individuals who are consumed with bitterness, who view the world fatalistically, and who are comfortable inflicting harm on others in pursuit of their ideology. Even among the elves ...

--

Edited by - ericlboyd on 20 Oct 2019 01:31:21
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2019 :  01:32:26  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

There are lots of evil cults that no good deity "stops". No one knows how deities actually think and act, but presumably they are blocked from doing so by the divine protection of evil deities. The Seldarine also haven't wiped out the fey'ri ... and they consorted with demons.

As to why one would join such a nihilistic cult ... I think every race has certain individuals who are consumed with bitterness, who view the world fatalistically, and who are comfortable inflicting harm on others in pursuit of their ideology. Even among the elves ...

That is very true. Good points. Dumb questions on my part lol. And you do have the Shevarashans, who are also consumed with bitterness and desire for vengeance, though they aren't on the same level as the Autumn Spores. But, if there's one level, there's probably another.

Edited by - CorellonsDevout on 20 Oct 2019 01:43:03
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2019 :  05:04:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Not even necessarily a bitterness thing, I should think. I can see this group appealing to elves who feel their race has lost its way, and that only through cleansing can they rise again.

In fact, I'd be tempted to spin it, a bit: some who are attracted to the cult don't even know about Moander. Instead, they're following an aspect, the Verdant Phoenix, a magnificent raptor with vines, tendrils, and leaves in place of feathers. Followers of the Verdant Phoenix feel that elven society has been corrupted by long interaction with lesser races, and that only by cleansing the world in a wave of all-consuming plant life can the surviving elves be purified and regain their lost strength.

You could even reskin an anime for some adventure ideas... There was this anime called Blue Seed that had an ancient race of sentient plants that wanted to cleanse Japan, purging the humans and returning it to its formerly wild state. There were a lot of attacks from plant monsters, some of which were animals that had been taken over by the plants. The bad guys were trying to resurrect a deity that would then wipe out humanity...

So the Verdant Phoenix could be behind a series of attacks, and could be corrupting plants and animals, all in an effort to be able to free their deity. They may not even know that he's all about corruption, or that the elven society left after his plans would not at all be what they envision...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2019 :  05:38:00  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This cult's idea of a purge via vegetation is a good example of the proverb, "the road to hell was paved with good intentions."

I am sure more than a few elves (particularly sun) feel that the race has lost its way, but only a select number would believe that this kind of cleansing is the answer (thus the obscurity of the cult). I can imagine they would have to be "called" by the cult, so to speak, due to its very nature and the fact is is rather obscure, and you have to be of just the right (or wrong) mindset. I can picture an elf, full of resentment and anger over what he believes his people have become, praying for justice and guidance. His prayers are "answered" by Moander (or the Verdant Phoenix), and he is inducted into the cult (or however new members are initiated).

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2019 :  12:13:24  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the Verdant Phoenix ideas. This is the spirit of what I had in mind for the cult. I would think about how to work 3 aspects into the cult, so that it's not just Moander, but also Malgarius and Zuggtmoy.

--
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2019 :  14:22:32  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It might be a tripartite deception - a false version of Angharradh.

— George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2019 :  16:13:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I like the Verdant Phoenix ideas. This is the spirit of what I had in mind for the cult. I would think about how to work 3 aspects into the cult, so that it's not just Moander, but also Malgarius and Zuggtmoy.

I'll have to research them to figure out how to work them in. I'm familiar with Moander, but Zuggtmoy I only know from the Gord the Rogue novels, and it's been a long time since I read those. Malgarius I'm not familiar with at all.

I'm glad you like the Verdant Phoenix idea, though!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2019 :  17:03:04  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I'll have to research them to figure out how to work them in. I'm familiar with Moander, but Zuggtmoy I only know from the Gord the Rogue novels, and it's been a long time since I read those. Malgarius I'm not familiar with at all.

I'm glad you like the Verdant Phoenix idea, though!

Best source on Zuggtmoy is Dragon #337, pages 36-54, although FC1 - Hordes of the Abyss has some detail as well. (Obviously T1-4, Temple of Elemental Evil, does as well.)

There's not much on Malgarius, outside of Fiendish Codex 1: Hordes of the Abyss, page 139, 156, and Dungeon #122, pages 56-70.

--

Edited by - ericlboyd on 20 Oct 2019 17:04:26
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2019 :  16:43:24  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Auzkovyn Tangle
For nearly two centuries, the stretch of forest between the Lost Peaks and the Star Mounts known as the Auzkovyn Tangle has been a nigh-impenetrable thicket of thorny vines wrapped around twisted trees with interwoven limbs. The Auzkovyn Tangle, as this region came to be known, was fashioned through the fell sorcery of Clan Auzkovyn, a tribe of Vhaeraun-worshiping drow that attempted to establish a small fastness in the Realms Above after centuries spent as itinerant wanderers in the Underdark. Relentless attacks by the Fair Folk of fallen Eaerlann drove the drow of Clan Auzkovyn to abandon their hard-won home in the Year of the Unstrung Harp (1371 DR), when they fled the High Forest via the Harp Gate in the Tower of Swirling Shards (see page 96) for Battledale, only to come under attack by the Sisterhood of Essembra.
In their wake, this stretch of forest remains a nigh-impassable landscape of nightmares, inhabited by carnivorous plants and dark fey creatures, such as banshrae (MM5) and evil dryads, and ruled by a verdant prince (MM4) known as the Masked King. (The Masked King was born of an evil dryad and Lord Ord Artemel of Waterdeep (CN male Illuskan fighter 9), who found himself stranded in the western High Forest, after uncovering the truth behind the Hunt Lords of Noanar’s Hold. Lord Ord eventually made his way back to Waterdeep and now seeks fitting revenge.)
In the Year of the Unstrung Harp (1371 DR), the Masked King forged an oath bond with Lord Marigaer Ahmaquissar of Teuveamanthaar (see page 139). Under the terms of their agreement, the Masked King agreed to trade drugs from the Underdark to House Ahmaquissar in exchange for information about the movement of wood elf clans through the High Forest. The Masked King uses the information provided by Lord Marigaer to safeguard his kingdom and identify small groups of wood elves to attack.
The Masked King acquires the drugs from Vhaeraun-worshiping drow in the Underdark. He sends various dark fey under his rule via the perilous passages through Rornfaern into the Underdark to prearranged meeting points. The dark fey bring valuable surface goods (rare herbs and foodstuffs) provided by House Ahmaquissar to exchange for drugs by the drow. The Masked King then sends dark fey with the drugs to prearranged meeting points in the High Forest between the Auzkovyn Tangle and Teuveamanthaar. There the dark fey meet with agents of House Ahmaquissar to trade the drugs for sealed scrolls penned by Lord Marigaer.

--

Edited by - ericlboyd on 23 Oct 2019 16:44:43
Go to Top of Page

perlmugp
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2020 :  15:44:43  Show Profile  Visit perlmugp's Homepage Send perlmugp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No update on this in awhile. Is this coming out soon?

--Zoomable Map of Faerun--
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2020 :  02:40:40  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by perlmugp

No update on this in awhile. Is this coming out soon?

Soon as in the next couple of weeks? No. Soon as in the next couple of months? Unlikely. Soon as in next year? Possibly.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000