Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Human origins chart
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bragi
Seeker

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2020 :  06:19:59  Show Profile  Visit Bragi's Homepage Send Bragi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure if you missed the updates but I edited it shortly after posting it and came to the same conclusions that you did.

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Hi Bragi

Looks like you are using the Brian James "off the internet" Grand History of the Realms which in the proto-Realms contained much lore of his own creation. Not all of that lore transitioned into the published Grand History of the Realms (ala the tarrasque stuff you reference) and so has no "official" status.

Yes exactly that's why I said the relationship will be identified as unofficial. Refer to my earlier post where I called it out more explicitly.

quote:

Much of the information on the early human races comes from "A Grand History of the Forgotten Realms" by Brian R. James. This fan made material was the pre-cursor to the later "the Grand History of the Realms" and as such is not strictly cannon; however, it's probably as close to cannon as one can get.

I'll likely be referencing it more, both because I am a fan of his work and also because I have found it to be very useful on this topic. I consider it semi-cannonical. The materials have a slightly different name, "A Grand History..." vs "the Grand History"

quote:
Similarly, I don't see how there is any relationship between the Rengarth and the Northmen. The Northmen mingled with Low Netherese refugees fleeing the fall of Netheril from 95 DR onwards to form the Uthgardt. The Rengarth occupied what is now southern Anauroch and likely became the precursors of the nomads in the Tunlands asthey fled south to avoid the encroaching desert that destroyed their grasslands.

I agree, that's the same conclusion that I came to when I posted it. I had in my chart a relationship between them and then when I did more research and wrote up the post realized there couldn't be relationship because of the timeline. That's why I posted that the relationship would be moved from the Northmen to the Mhairshaulk to give it a connection to the tarrasque. My point for posting the information on the Northmen was to show that the intial relationship in the chart had been disproven.

quote:
This relationship will be moved from the Northmen #9 to the Mhairshaulk #2.

In Pursuit of Better Worlds,
Bragi of Erin

Edited by - Bragi on 17 Jan 2020 06:22:30
Go to Top of Page

Bragi
Seeker

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2020 :  07:14:30  Show Profile  Visit Bragi's Homepage Send Bragi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Relationship #10* Northmen to Angardt

This relationship will be moved to "Rengarth to Angardt". It will be identified as cannonical.

From Nethril Empire of Magic
quote:
The Angardt tribes didn’t exist until 2477; before then, they were simply a faction of barbarians within the Rengarth who
weren’t as superstitious of magic use.

-1382 DR.

Bragi of Erin

Edited by - Bragi on 17 Jan 2020 07:16:52
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2020 :  08:11:12  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Always bear in mind that sometimes the sources are incorrect.

There are a few places in serpent kingdoms where it claims that the empire of mhairshaulk controlled a vast empire from chult to the endless wastes (or something ridiculously far away). When in fact they really only controlled the land around the chultan peninsula, while other sarrukh nations or sarrukh factions controlled the land elsewhere.

The rengarth people were ulou in origin I believe and thus came down from the far north as the ulou people did in narfell and the hordelands

The humans in mhairshaulk were a proto tashalaran people (purebred of that race no longer exist). I suspect that this group were brought to mhairshaulk from the lands around okoth, and another group were taken to the north by the isstosseffifil sarrukh

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site

Edited by - Gary Dallison on 17 Jan 2020 08:13:02
Go to Top of Page

Bragi
Seeker

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2020 :  08:12:29  Show Profile  Visit Bragi's Homepage Send Bragi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(This is a placeholder - tbd)

Relationship #11 Northmen to Uthgardt

Forgotten Realms Boxed Set

quote:
When the first civilized humans emigrated into the Savage North, they found the land already inhabited by humans. These were a
dark-haired, blue-eyed people, a large and hardy folk descended from savages, outcasts and refugees of Netheril, and early explorers.

Bragi of Erin
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2020 :  09:56:54  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A well done chart, but I wonder, from were you got the connection of Shaaran peoples to Old Cormanthans, and Chondathans in general? I ask, as I'm myself in part interested, due it also fitting my theories about Talfir, Shaarans and Jaamdathi (which you also have), by seeing the Talfiric language (Telfir), is also a member of Akalaic family group (ie related to Shaaran).
Go to Top of Page

Bragi
Seeker

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2024 :  07:55:06  Show Profile  Visit Bragi's Homepage Send Bragi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope to continue working on this in the future and am reflecting on your comments in light of the recently released lore video.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/mysterious-102218179?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=postshare_fan&utm_content=join_link

Knowing that both the Snow Elves and the Maraloi both worship Tarsellis Meunniduin and that the Maraloi have underground labyrinths, there is strong evidence that the two races are connected. It wouldn't surprise me if the elven migration followed the human migration or vice versa.

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas
SIDEBAR: FEY in Kara-Tur

I just found this reference in the Kara-Tur boxed set, and the part about iron being poisonous to this was something that rang to the idea of fey long ago being in Kara-Tur. I'm thinking possibly even some relation to the "snow elves" that eventually spread to Pasocada basin. Possibly even via the same paths that the Azuposi eventually follow?

Bragi of Erin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000