Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 FR WotC style guide on DMsGuild
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Matrix Sorcica
Seeker

Denmark
89 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  15:09:40  Show Profile Send Matrix Sorcica a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This is a guide to authors using the FR for products. It gives some insight into what WotC focuses on in the Realms as of this time.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/256823/DMsGuild-Creator-Resource--Style-Guide-Resources?filters=0_0_45476_0_0_0_0_0

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  16:48:09  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting. Considering I was planning to use them in Anchorome, I don't see it as an issue, but...

Avariel. Avariel are winged elves and extremely small in number, coming from just one settlement in the world that is far to the north of the center of Faerūn (near Sossal). They should not be used in stories.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Bragi
Seeker

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2018 :  02:05:26  Show Profile  Visit Bragi's Homepage Send Bragi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Overall this is mostly good advice particularly for some who may not be as familiar with the realms. I did also find the singling out of the Avariel interesting while completely excluding mention of other rare elven races of the realms such as Lythari. I have a few Avariel encounters planned for my campaign but that will be while the group is in Sossal.

In Pursuit of Better Worlds,
Bragi of Erin
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2018 :  05:08:27  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Other than a few errors (Calendar of Harptos ... *cough*) it seems fundamentally sound. Never been a fan of real world naming conventions for Realms areas but I ignore that stuff for the most part.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Bragi
Seeker

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2018 :  08:56:46  Show Profile  Visit Bragi's Homepage Send Bragi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The way I see it, another error is the omission of the multiple aeries of winged elves in the Moonshaes as mentioned in Dragon 376. It seems to me that if you're going to be that specific you should at least list all of the possible other settlements.

In Pursuit of Better Worlds,
Bragi of Erin
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2018 :  01:03:28  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bragi

The way I see it, another error is the omission of the multiple aeries of winged elves in the Moonshaes as mentioned in Dragon 376. It seems to me that if you're going to be that specific you should at least list all of the possible other settlements.

-Much easier said than done.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Thojan Ralwens
Acolyte

Belgium
30 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2019 :  10:37:24  Show Profile Send Thojan Ralwens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the heads up.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2019 :  16:59:00  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bragi

There were also avariels on an earthmote near Chessenta from one of the dungeon mags in I think another BRJ article.

Adder Hills: This majestic chain of soaring earthmotes is one of the most inspiring sights in all Faerūn. A century ago, when the cerulean fires of the Spellplague crisscrossed the land, the Adder Hills escaped their earthly bonds to float a thousand feet or more
over the Chessentan frontier. Despite periodic shifts in elevation, the flying peaks remain more or less in a fixed position over the cratered landscape below.

Few cross underneath the Adder Hills without some trepidation that the mighty peaks might crash down upon them at a moment’s notice. The floating isles are home to warring tribes of aarakocra and avariel, neither of which welcome outsiders into their lands.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 01 Feb 2019 17:08:10
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000