Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Abyssal Adventures on Blood Tor
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lookatroopa
Acolyte

Netherlands
38 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2018 :  04:49:57  Show Profile Send lookatroopa a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Heya, everyone.

These last couple of months I've been working on a pet project of mine: A mini-setting guide and a couple of short adventures set on the thirteenth layer of the Abyss, Blood Tor. I picked out this place in particular because of how it's relatively obscure, despite the fact that two major goddesses of the Realms, Beshaba and Umberlee, call it their realm. I've gathered some useful sources to reference, but was wondering if there's anything major out there pertaining to the layer and its powers that I might have missed, particularly some characterization of Umberlee.

• Tymora's Luck: A novel that features the location itself, as well as Beshaba as one of the major characters.
  • The Dark of the War from Hellbound: The Blood War: This Planescape sourcebook is great for Lower Planar affairs in general, but of note is a passage about Blood Tor that details one of the major non-deific players on the plane: Taramanda the marilith.
  • The Book of Chaos from Planes of Chaos: Another Planescape sourcebook with great info on all the Dexter Planes, this one also has a description of Blood Tor that mentions the place was a site of an early Blood War scrape. The same boxed set also includes a poster where a Guvner (member of the Fraternity of Order, one of the lawful factions in Sigil) gives their account of the place.
  • Faiths & Avatars: As far as i could tell, the most detailed profiles on a bunch of Toril's deities are listed here, including Beshaba and Umberlee.
  • Deity Do's and Don'ts: While bit meager compared to the other sources, the listed manifestations for Beshaba and Umberlee can be used to populate the plane a bit further.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2018 :  14:01:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It looks to me like you've hit all the sources, there.

I've got the Planescape stuff, but I've never read it all, so I can't say if there are other references there or not -- I'm kind of a latecomer to Planescape.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000