Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Bard and Lucidia Blackletter
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Celephais
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2018 :  21:28:16  Show Profile Send Celephais a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm pretty new to the site, so bear with me. I was checking the About section on the site and decided to download the fonts as suggested, but I have no clue how to install them as to get them to work with the website here. I may have misunderstood the blurb on the About part of the website, and I'm also on Chrome, which was not among the recommended browsers, so...any help would be appreciated.

Death's so quick but it can last so long.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2018 :  02:39:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just hit the Google for how to install fonts. Assuming that you've got full rights to your computer (I.E., it's yours and not a work computer), then installing a font is generally pretty easy.

This site's been around a while. I'm fairly certain it predates Chrome, or at least the widespread use of Chrome.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Celephais
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2018 :  03:15:12  Show Profile Send Celephais a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It most certainly does, I only mentioned it because I wasn't sure if Chrome not being in that list meant it wasn't compatible or something. For as much as I'm on my computer I'm still a little illiterate about somethings. :) Also, I thought it was something specific to the site rather than to Chrome. Thanks for your help, man.

Death's so quick but it can last so long.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2018 :  04:04:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Celephais

It most certainly does, I only mentioned it because I wasn't sure if Chrome not being in that list meant it wasn't compatible or something. For as much as I'm on my computer I'm still a little illiterate about somethings. :) Also, I thought it was something specific to the site rather than to Chrome. Thanks for your help, man.

Happy to oblige!

I'm far from being the most knowledgeable person, in regards to computers, but I know enough to get by and help others, as well. There's a lot that you can learn just by trying stuff out, and I can say with a fair degree of certainty that a lot of people that appear to know a lot about computers are just really proficient with Google.

There is a lot of truth about working in IT to be found in this webcomic: https://xkcd.com/627/

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2371 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2018 :  06:49:49  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Celephais

I'm pretty new to the site, so bear with me. I was checking the About section on the site and decided to download the fonts as suggested, but I have no clue how to install them as to get them to work with the website here.

There's probably some place where they are expected.
In Linux merely dumping (or symlinking) TTF files into ~/.fonts without restarting the browser (just refreshing that page) was enough.
In the NT era windoze it was /Windows/Fonts and probably somewhere else, no idea where now. Try searching for *.TTF files on your system.
They aren't used everywhere, but for an easy test, "Lucida Blackletter" and "Bard" on About page are in their own fonts.
They are eXXXtra fancy, however - look cool, but trying to read table headers in those without increasing text size a lot... let's just say it's a dubious benefit. Which is probably why they aren't used on forums.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000