Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Lorekeeper of Forgotten Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lakuza
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2018 :  03:28:06  Show Profile Send Lakuza a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello all, first time posting here and was looking for some lore info for my campaign. I was wondering if there was someone, something or an organization within the forgotten realms that catalogs the history/lore of the world? Many thanks :)

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2018 :  04:06:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome!

I would say that the church of Oghma, and the library at Candlekeep do these things -- but more as a gathering of all lore, rather than trying to maintain a history.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2018 :  12:31:51  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Church of Deneir as well has a focus on these things in forms written, and the Church of Milil in the form of poems and songs. Down in the Old Empires, the church of Thoth would be responsible for such matters. Also, the loose group known as the Heralds (not necessarily a formal organization) is responsible for a lot of things like documenting family trees, etc... There's also the Monks of the Monastery of the Yellow Rose in Damara. There would also be a lot of local groups, as there are numerous libraries kept in the realms. There was the Edificant Library at one point, which got replaced by Spirit Soaring.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 27 Sep 2018 12:34:18
Go to Top of Page

Lakuza
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2018 :  20:20:18  Show Profile Send Lakuza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks :D now i have a directoon to point the party for their quest :)
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2018 :  23:01:11  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, this is a function of Bards and Heralds
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2018 :  13:56:48  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The High Heralds also do some of this.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000