Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Possible Harper History Conflict! Code of Harpers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2018 :  02:35:35  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Delete Topic
I have a question regarding a possible inconsistency in "FOR4 the Code of the Harpers" Accessory.

Between pages 26 and 33, the book details the First to Fourth (current) centuries of history of the organization. The Third Century details Rundorl Moonsklan's betrayal of the organization with his desire to become the Harper King. However, the timing seems to be off, and this is where the conundrum is for me. I evidence this below.

When reading "The Founding", it is declared that 1022 DR is when Elminster posing as Gochall approached Finder Wyvernspur (and the rest of the 'Wanderers of Espar') to unwittingly, and eventually, become Harper's. The text then immediately moves on to 'The First Century' and the other centuries as well. It is evident that 'The Founding' was only meant as a reference to 1022 DR by the text, and then from there, the Harper's begin a new chapter now having a new "...heart of the organization in the years to come." p24 (FOR4 the Code of the Harpers) As you advance the centuries from there, you have the following timeline:
Century 1: 1022 - 1122 DR
Century 2: 1123 - 1223
Century 3: 1224 - 1324
Century 4 (Current): 1325 - Current

However, when examining 'The Third Century' on pages 31 - 33, it indicates by the very title that everything would be taking place between the years of 1224 and 1324 DR. Additionally, the text for "The Third Century" is almost exclusively about the 'Harper King', Thavverdasz, Szass Tam, The Keepers of the Secret Hoard, Rundorl, and Senior/Master Harpers who have just returned from the Harpstar Wars. To corroborate this, the 'Grand History of the Realms' indicates that in 1222 DR, the Harper King, at that point Thavverdasz, has been killed. It also states that the Harpstar War has ended.

So, why is it that "The Third Century" is really about things that happened during "The Second Century"?

Thanks!

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2018 :  14:37:20  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message
Lore Seekers,

Master Krashos and I discussed this, and I feel that he assisted greatly. Answers in hand. Thank you to everyone looking on.

Discussion here: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22521

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2018 :  17:47:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
And rather than leave two open discussions on the same topic, I'll close this one, so that any further commentary can go into the more active discussion cpthero2 so kindly linked to.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000