Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Alternate Godswar (not canonical)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BadLuckBugbear
Seeker

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2018 :  18:57:58  Show Profile Send BadLuckBugbear a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

1 Gods slain will not be restored by Ao.
2 Keep what you kill.

• Cyric and Mask split Bhaal’s portfolio.
• Midnight gains Myrkul’s portfolio.
• Helm was not cast down as the other gods, so the aftermath of his slaying of Mystra plays out differently.
• (Most of) the Chosen choose to sacrifice themselves so that a new Mystra may be born from their combined power.
• Torm remains dead.
• Bane’s portfolio is battled over by evil gods, but Iyachtu Xvim lays the strongest claim and makes it stick.
• Moander’s essence survives and grows inside Finder Wynernspur. Soon, Finder becomes Moander. Still wearing Finder’s outward form, the Darkbringer infects many elves of Cormanthor with a grotesque fungal plague. Cormanthor rots and twists under his growing domination.

Ewan Cummins

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2018 :  19:25:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why would Midnight gain Myrkul's portfolio? Not only is it a poor match for her grooming as a replacement Mystra, it was also Cyric that struck the final blow.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

BadLuckBugbear
Seeker

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2018 :  19:27:08  Show Profile Send BadLuckBugbear a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Why would Midnight gain Myrkul's portfolio? Not only is it a poor match for her grooming as a replacement Mystra, it was also Cyric that struck the final blow.

Ah, was it Cyric? I haven't read the novels, so I was going off wiki info.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Myrkul

As far as replacement Mystra goes, I like the idea of the Chosen being folded back in more than a relatively low-level mage ascending.

But again, I haven't read any of the Avatar novels.

Ewan Cummins

Edited by - BadLuckBugbear on 19 Aug 2018 19:28:54
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000