Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Amphail related materials in Dragon or Dungeon Mag
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2018 :  00:29:18  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by perlmugp

George, I think there is a problem with the dates you have for the list of Warlords of Waterdeep. The Grand History of the Realms says that 940DR started the Second Trollwars and that beginning with Amphail who reigned a year there were a total of six Warlords over the twelve years of this war. This would imply 940-941 DR for Amphail and a few adjustments to the other dates as well.

I was reading the original sources which said that 6 warlords fell in the Second Trollwar, and so I had Gharl as the first. I agree that GHotR changes that, so I have truncated Torbalon's reign and added a new Warlord - Julthoon - who reigned in 948/949. He is now the sixth Warlord and the rest are re-numbered. Thanks for picking that up!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2018 :  00:43:36  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Mulgomir's Way, Keltarn Street, (Julthoon Street).

George, is "Seldath" supposed to be "Selduth" (Street)?

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2018 :  10:03:38  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No. The name has changed in pronunciation over the centuries. Julthoon and the rest haven’t.

It’s nice to see that someone has picked up on these.

— George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 18 Nov 2018 10:06:21
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 29 Feb 2020 :  00:05:36  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte wildeman,

Here is an internet archive URL that may give good info.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/WATERDEEP2CX.zip" target="_blank">https://web.archive.org/web/20160816130823/http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/WATERDEEP2CX.zip

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by wildeman

Hi,
I was hoping to get some help. Would anyone happen to know of any specific issues, by their number, of Dragon or Dungeon Magazines that might contain anything pertaining to the village of Amphail and/or it's immediate surroundings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 29 Feb 2020 :  02:24:39  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 29 Feb 2020 :  02:38:12  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte wildeman,

My pleasure good sir!

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by wildeman

Thanks!

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll