Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Amphail related materials in Dragon or Dungeon Mag
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2018 :  02:28:01  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi,
I was hoping to get some help. Would anyone happen to know of any specific issues, by their number, of Dragon or Dungeon Magazines that might contain anything pertaining to the village of Amphail and/or it's immediate surroundings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2018 :  09:07:00  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Dragon 274 the New Adventures of Volo section details the "Rite of the Stag Lass"
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2376 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2018 :  12:33:44  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The North (Cities) and Volo's Guide to the North cover Amphail, as well as the Stag-Horned Flagon and the Rite of the Stag Lass.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2018 :  12:58:26  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Demzer,
I'll check into that! The Rite of the Stag Lass was one of the things that I was particularly interested in. Much appreciated!
Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2018 :  13:04:32  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TBHolder,
I was specifically looking for articles in the magazines because there's so many issues I was dreading the idea of trying to search through each one. The other supplements aren't so bad.

George Krashos respond to a posting I put on Facebook about this saying that he didn't think that Amphail was mentioned in any of the issues other than Dragon #128 and #249. Demzers find may even be news to him.

But thanks for the assist anyway, TBHolder.
Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2018 :  14:16:09  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Demzer,
I read the article... nice bit of detail fleshing out the rite. Very helpful. Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2018 :  18:23:24  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wildeman

Demzer,
I read the article... nice bit of detail fleshing out the rite. Very helpful. Thanks again!

Just doing my (very) small part for these forums, you're welcome!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2018 :  22:41:37  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

TBHolder,
I was specifically looking for articles in the magazines because there's so many issues I was dreading the idea of trying to search through each one. The other supplements aren't so bad.

George Krashos respond to a posting I put on Facebook about this saying that he didn't think that Amphail was mentioned in any of the issues other than Dragon #128 and #249. Demzers find may even be news to him.

But thanks for the assist anyway, TBHolder.

Hehe, it wasn’t news to me but I was answering another query on FB re Maiden’s Tomb Tor (just down the road from Amphail) and got a tad confused in the process.

— George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2018 :  23:03:39  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George,
I see. So would you happen to know of any other articles pertaining to things about Amphail or any of the surrounding points of interest? I'm trying to work my way through resources like Lost Empires of Faerun, City of Splendors: Waterdeep, Grand History of the Realms, The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier, and Volo's Guide to the North. I just don't want to miss any good tidbits that might be in some of those magazines (or other resources)... like the Stag Lass article that Demzer pointed me to. If you can think of any I certainly would appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page

Otty
Acolyte

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2018 :  20:16:04  Show Profile  Visit Otty's Homepage Send Otty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My players just spent the past 8 months' worth of sessions working out of Amphail, and as far as I know you've tracked down everything out there except for the 5th edition tidbits found in Storm King's Thunder and the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide.
Hope you have fun there!
Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2018 :  01:03:42  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Otty,
Thanks. The location is really interesting. Short of going through each issue of every magazine cover to cover - which I've calculated would take me approximately two years - I think I've done a pretty comprehensive job. The only way it gets better is I could somehow bribe or persuade more details from the creators and I just don't see that happening. Lol...

I do appreciate your input. It makes me feel better that I'm not overlooking something. Btw, in your game, did you use any of the seeds in Amphail from the source material? I would be very curious to know which and what you came up with... if you felt inclined to share.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Otty
Acolyte

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2018 :  22:07:11  Show Profile  Visit Otty's Homepage Send Otty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I sure did! My players' party included a Waterdhavian noblewoman, and so I couldn't resist putting the Rite of the Stag Lass to use. Phelansheene and Thorn's story was the cause of a lot of trouble, too (I used the snippet from Waterdeep: City of Splendors where Phela had been freed and allowed to return to a normal life) -- during a storm, an innocent question as to whether or not the Stone Stallion had a cellar was intuited to be answered with a hasty lie. A bit of snooping turned up the not-entirely-dispelled magic in the attic where the Red Wizard had once been imprisoned. In the end the entire story came out (all except for who it had been who freed Phela from her curse, but that's answered in Waterdeep: City of Speldors).

A Mulan character in the party turned out to be an ex-slave, freed alongside Dlara by Mother Gothal, many years ago in Waterdeep.

My game takes place in 1491 DR, and so I used the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide and Storm King's Thunder information as well. An interesting discrepancy between those two sources is the fact that both books claim that Dauner Ilzimmer is the current Lord Warder of the village, but the former states that a representative of House Amcathra is set to assume the post at next Shieldmeet -- Storm King's Thunder makes it explicit that the next in line is to be Tylandar Roaringhorn, skipping the Amcathras' scheduled turn in power. I treated this not as a mistake, but as a hook. "What happened to that Amcathra between the publication of these two books?" Assassinated by the Zhentarim, at my table, to make way for the less steadfast Roaringhorn. Rory Amcathra returned as a revenant bent on vengeance against the entire Black Network.

Also taken from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide was the newly-arrived, secretive Hemzar family. My party's ranger was hired to peek over their unusually-high fences and discovered that the Hemzars were breeding not cattle or horses, but wyverns! One of them got free, of course, but luckily its stinger had been neutralized by the breeders.

A mighty storm (actually a detonated devastation orb) struck Amphail while the characters were staying there, disturbing the dead within Horse Pond. The skeletons of several long-dead adventurers rose up to strangle townsfolk before being put down. The party inquired about where the skeletons came from, heard about the Maiden King's fabled tomb, but were warned away lest they become just like those skeletons.

The Old Dead Rowan restored eyesight to a poor villager whose eyes were gouged out by the skeletons of Horse Pond. After the terrible storm swept through town, the party heard of strangers in wizards' clothing visiting the tree and gathering its broken-off branches (not illegal if you don't harm the tree yourself, the witness admitted). These wizards were seen going into the Stone Stallion afterwards but never coming back out. These were Phela and Thorn's "friends" from Waterdeep: City of Splendors.

A murder mystery sprang up related to the corpses regularly found deposited at the Middens in time for the monthly burning, but was left unsolved when the likeliest suspects quit town following the destruction of the storm and a giant attack. The victim was a former bodyguard for the Ilzimmers who liked to frequent the festhall.

The party stepped in between a nobleman chewing out a commoner for soiling his shoe. The nobleman turned out to be an Ammakyl (specifically a relative of Lord Vescaras Ammakyl, a half-elf Turami who appears in Erin M. Evans' book The Adversary). The party will be paying for that misstep for the foreseeable future. The commoner they came to the defense of was in the employ of the Eagleshields on their farm for sick and wounded animals. He went missing soon thereafter.

The characters went in search of the missing farmer, suspecting foul play with Ammakyl, and found the ruins of Rowan Hold (which I placed some miles off of the Long Road instead of having it be just an old name for Amphail's current location) and Dalrosz Kothont's history with the village and mongrelfolk came into play there. Dalrosz had been corrupted during a childhood stay in Amphail by a hag living nearby in the ruins of Rowan Hold, as it turned out. The hag was still looking after Dalrosz's "children" to this day, and was always ready to make a one-sided deal with desperate souls with nowhere else to turn.

That old disused temple to the north of town? One of my players bought it after the storm to re-open as a joint temple to Waukeen and Chauntea, servicing the nobles and common farmers in equal measure and finally returning some clerical services to the village.

I hope some of this serves you in some way.
Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2018 :  05:10:56  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Otty,
Wow, you really hit almost all of the high points. The Rite of the Stag Lass is one that I love so I definitely plan on using it. The Crying Witch is also one that I liked, her return from the web expansion was a recent revelation to me so that will take a bit of thinking as to how I want to work with it. The family power struggles that seem to be going on are something that I was thinking about also. Again, not sure how I want to use it, but I know it's a thing.

The idea of the mighty storm and it's rending of some branches from the Rowan Tree that are then gathered by some mysterious strangers... I like that. Not sure what to do with it, but I do like it.

I want to use the Middens murders as well.

I haven't decided about using Kothont yet or not. I have thought about possibly connecting in the Stump Bog with a Hag.

I need to refresh my memory about the old disused temple to the north of town. I can't recall what that's about.

Anyway. Thanks for sharing your ideas. Sounds like it has been a fun game.
Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2018 :  19:55:10  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone happen to know who actually created Amphail the Just (Caradoon), his two brothers, Kezefbane, and this other lore pertaining to the village of Amphail? Was it Ed Greenwood?
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2018 :  01:35:30  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Caradoons were created by Elaine Cunningham in her Thornhold novel. I made Amphail the Just a Caradoon and their brother in my work on the history of the North.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2018 :  04:55:54  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George,
Thanks for the clarification on that.

Hopefully you can shed some more light on a few other things...

The five warlords who followed Amphail the Just as the rulers of Waterdeep, were they just "lost" entities or were their names just never specified anywhere? (If they were ever named where might I locate them?)

You said that you created (or was it named?) Raulbaera the Maiden King Bloodhand. Is there any information that you would be permitted and inclined to share about her lineage? I'm just trying to connect the dots from Ulbaerag Bloodhand to Raulbaera Bloodhand. I'm pretty sure the lineage ended with her.

Also, aside from owning an estate in the area, was there any other reason for the village to be named for Amphail?

Thank you again for your help.
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2376 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2018 :  08:10:39  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I made Amphail the Just a Caradoon and their brother in my work on the history of the North.

Er... why on Toril would you do this?
It's not like two noteworthy warlords in Waterdeep's early history are one too many.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2018 :  09:34:39  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

quote:

I made Amphail the Just a Caradoon and their brother in my work on the history of the North.

Er... why on Toril would you do this?
It's not like two noteworthy warlords in Waterdeep's early history are one too many.

I'm not sure I understand your second sentence.

-- George Krashos

Edited by - George Krashos on 28 Aug 2018 11:54:29
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2018 :  12:02:44  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

George,
Thanks for the clarification on that.

Hopefully you can shed some more light on a few other things...

The five warlords who followed Amphail the Just as the rulers of Waterdeep, were they just "lost" entities or were their names just never specified anywhere? (If they were ever named where might I locate them?)

You said that you created (or was it named?) Raulbaera the Maiden King Bloodhand. Is there any information that you would be permitted and inclined to share about her lineage? I'm just trying to connect the dots from Ulbaerag Bloodhand to Raulbaera Bloodhand. I'm pretty sure the lineage ended with her.

Also, aside from owning an estate in the area, was there any other reason for the village to be named for Amphail?

Thank you again for your help.

The Warlords in between Amphail and Lauroun have not been noted in the sources. I have come up with my own.

I've not fleshed out Raulbaera other than to think that she left the environs of Deepwater Harbor because she chafed at living under the rule of her idiot of a brother and gathered a group of likeminded, disaffected tribesmen to her and struck out inland to forge a new home for herself.

Re the naming of the village, not that I know of. I was just following the information presented in Volo's Guide to the North.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2018 :  13:39:19  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George,
Is Raulbaera's brother's name mentioned somewhere and I've missed it, or do you just have a name for him that was never published? Would you mind sharing that? (Obviously I could just make one up for myself, but I really like feeling like I have the "source material" when it comes to noteable specifics... and she will be a central entity in my story.)

So if I'm understanding you correctly, Amphail the village came first in VGttN and you created the person Amphail "the Just" Caradoon using the name from the village? Or you created the person and someone else applied the name to the village as well as the legend of his ghost protecting it? (Sorry to be slow on the uptake.) It just seems like - if the story of his ghost is to be believed - then he must have had a pretty strong attachment to the location... but there's nothing that specifically details this.

By any chance, you didn't happen to be involved in the Old Dead Rowan Tree and the lady buried beneath it or know who did create it?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2018 :  13:46:46  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George,
Also, would it be too much to ask for the names of those five warlords and any info you would care to share. (Sorry if this is becoming annoying... your help is very much appreciated.)
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2018 :  10:49:43  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

George,
Is Raulbaera's brother's name mentioned somewhere and I've missed it, or do you just have a name for him that was never published? Would you mind sharing that? (Obviously I could just make one up for myself, but I really like feeling like I have the "source material" when it comes to noteable specifics... and she will be a central entity in my story.)

So if I'm understanding you correctly, Amphail the village came first in VGttN and you created the person Amphail "the Just" Caradoon using the name from the village? Or you created the person and someone else applied the name to the village as well as the legend of his ghost protecting it? (Sorry to be slow on the uptake.) It just seems like - if the story of his ghost is to be believed - then he must have had a pretty strong attachment to the location... but there's nothing that specifically details this.

By any chance, you didn't happen to be involved in the Old Dead Rowan Tree and the lady buried beneath it or know who did create it?

Thanks

All of the Amphail information was noted in the entry in the Volo's Guide, all Eric Boyd and I did was make him a Caradoon and give him a place in the history of the North. That's all the further info we provided on Amphail, the rest is up to you!

For what it's worth, I have the Warlords of Waterdeep and the period they ruled as follows:

Nimoar 882-936
Gharl 936-943
Amphail "the Just" 943-944
Mulgomir 944-946
Torbalon 946-949
Emratann "the Youngblade" 949-951
Keltarn 951-952
Seldath "the Thoughtful" 952-974
Lauroun 974-1026
Raurlor 1026-1032

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2018 :  11:17:13  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George,
Ok, I see now. Thanks for the names of those other warlords.
I appreciate your help.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2018 :  14:39:08  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Krashos,

Are you aware of any material regarding Amphail that would incorporate governmental policy of economics, and how that would impact relationships between Amphail, Waterdeep, Longsaddle, and other locations?

Best regards,

quote:

quote:

George,

Thanks

All of the Amphail information was noted in the entry in the Volo's Guide, all Eric Boyd and I did was make him a Caradoon and give him a place in the history of the North. That's all the further info we provided on Amphail, the rest is up to you!

For what it's worth, I have the Warlords of Waterdeep and the period they ruled as follows:

Nimoar 882-936
Gharl 936-943
Mulgomir 944-946
Torbalon 946-949
Keltarn 951-952
Lauroun 974-1026
Raurlor 1026-1032

-- George Krashos

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2018 :  19:11:16  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All of Ed's attempts to introduce economic info pertaining to the Realms was rebuffed by TSR/WotC and so I am not aware of any specific information on the topic you are interested in. Goldenfields appears to have a preeminent position in that regard in the North but no hard info has ever been provided.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2018 :  22:53:45  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Krashos,

That is really unfortunate. Do you know why TSR/WotC were so profoundly ridiculous about that? I am an economist and marketer by trade and I really wish they had done that kind of work. It would have been so immersive.

Best regards,

quote:

All of Ed's attempts to introduce economic info pertaining to the Realms was rebuffed by TSR/WotC and so I am not aware of any specific information on the topic you are interested in. Goldenfields appears to have a preeminent position in that regard in the North but no hard info has ever been provided.

-- George Krashos

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2018 :  02:22:05  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed tried to sneak it in by way of a game (ala the type that they used to include in Dragon Magazine) which involved moving merchant caravans and shipping from location to location up and down the Sword Coast and making coin. TSR weren't interested and it no doubt is tucked away somewhere in one of his innumerable boxes. As to why TSR/WotC weren't interested, I can only think that they thought that there were more important things to showcase in the Realms and similarly, most play groups didn't base their campaign around merchant activity and becoming rich by means of trade rather than collecting dragon hoards - unlike Ed's players.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2018 :  02:27:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Master Krashos,

That is really unfortunate. Do you know why TSR/WotC were so profoundly ridiculous about that? I am an economist and marketer by trade and I really wish they had done that kind of work. It would have been so immersive.

For the same reason we don't see magical cures for warts, or people having to stop to relieve themselves, or anything but one panel of Elminster's discussion on Mulhorandi pottery: compared to dragons, fireballs, or horrors from beyond the grave, none of that other stuff is cool or flashy. As I've commented before, it's simply not sexy enough to see print in gaming material.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 07 Oct 2018 02:28:01
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2018 :  14:34:45  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

Well, from a players perspective, I can appreciate that to a point. From a DM's perspective, this could give impossibly huge storyline reasons, of a sensible nature, to draw characters into story arcs.

I feel convinced if you inquired with my players currently, from my "A Troubled Economy" campaign based in the Shining South, you'd find solid reviews about how the economy has pushed a more immersive, impactful feeling about the world.

My main point though was just to see, which I now know isn't available with Master Krashos' reply, if there had been and if there is anywhere, "official" economic material to show how that impacts the world for drawing up campaigns.

Best regards!

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Master Krashos,

For the same reason we don't see magical cures for warts, or people having to stop to relieve themselves, or anything but one panel of Elminster's discussion on Mulhorandi pottery: compared to dragons, fireballs, or horrors from beyond the grave, none of that other stuff is cool or flashy. As I've commented before, it's simply not sexy enough to see print in gaming material.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2018 :  14:43:32  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Krashos,

I can certainly appreciate that point. I was angling it towards having an immersive, believable background that has impacts on characters.

Imagine for example, that if a dynamic economic background existed, and that causes hyperinflation in a nation where the characters are at, and they can't even afford to get even the most basic of items due to insane pricing? What a way to make a subtle, but fascinating impact on the sense of feeling for a character (and of course player) to realize, "No matter how powerful I am, I can't even afford a longsword, rations, etc." Imagine the increased amount of rioting, theft, murder, rape, kidnappings, and the expansion of evil gods and power groups taking advantage of such chaos to thwart....maybe even the characters themselves if they are active and successful locally.

Imagine.....if the economic downturn is used by evil gods to turn the populace against high leveled characters?

Sure, they can fireball, disintegrate, and more. What does one do if a populace turns against your character? The mobs are coming for you. Do you murder all of them? Do you solve the problem, getting to the root of the economic upheaval, or something else?

I think there are a lot of things that economics in the Realms could be amazing for, but as Master Rupert said above, not exciting for the players in reading it, but rather, interacting with it (as I feel, and am doing now in my campaign).

Best regards!

quote:

Ed tried to sneak it in by way of a game (ala the type that they used to include in Dragon Magazine) which involved moving merchant caravans and shipping from location to location up and down the Sword Coast and making coin. TSR weren't interested and it no doubt is tucked away somewhere in one of his innumerable boxes. As to why TSR/WotC weren't interested, I can only think that they thought that there were more important things to showcase in the Realms and similarly, most play groups didn't base their campaign around merchant activity and becoming rich by means of trade rather than collecting dragon hoards - unlike Ed's players.

-- George Krashos

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

perlmugp
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2018 :  15:08:14  Show Profile  Visit perlmugp's Homepage Send perlmugp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George, I think there is a problem with the dates you have for the list of Warlords of Waterdeep. The Grand History of the Realms says that 940DR started the Second Trollwars and that beginning with Amphail who reigned a year there were a total of six Warlords over the twelve years of this war. This would imply 940-941 DR for Amphail and a few adjustments to the other dates as well.

quote:

quote:

George,

Thanks

Nimoar 882-936
Gharl 936-943
Mulgomir 944-946
Torbalon 946-949
Keltarn 951-952
Lauroun 974-1026
Raurlor 1026-1032

-- George Krashos

--Zoomable Map of Faerun--