Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 TSR Artwork museum/gallery
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2018 :  21:56:57  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just wondered if any other scribes here have more information or knowledge on the collector who is buying up all of the Larry Elmore, Clyde Caldwell, Keith Parkinson, Jeff Easley, etc. works from TSR's golden era with the intent of opening a gallery or museum?

I was contacted about one of my pieces of art; and I have seen both Larry and Clyde post on Facebook (as well as people in the Facebook groups who own pieces) about the request.

I'd actually love to go to such a gallery...the artwork produced in the 80s and 90s gives me such pleasure to look at (especially Clyde Caldwell) from when I played D&D, read the novels, and played the video games (Gold Box era!).

What's the scribes thoughts on such a place? I'd love to see any of the Chronicles covers, or Pool of Radiance or the Azure Bonds cover in person.

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2018 :  23:13:41  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll say one thing.... I never realized the beauty of a painting versus the print you see on a book cover or in a magazine until I saw several originals and correlated them to the images I had in my head. Its surprising how much more beautiful the real article is.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000