Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Batrachi Information
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sharky1533
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2018 :  20:07:38  Show Profile Send sharky1533 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
First time poster and long time DM.

I was wondering what more information I could find out about the Batrachi and if any story lines touched on this. In particular, I am interested in what was going on with them.

I read through the Grand History but figured there could be more especially about their fight with the Titans and such.

Any suggestions would help me out greatly.

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2018 :  20:18:17  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well this is just me, but I'm toning down the war with the Titans.

Yes, to the batrachi it was a war on an epic scale, but to the "Titans" (which is basically a humanoid term for really ancient and powerful creatures hidden around Toril), one of their number (the eldest an largest) woke up and trod on a large gathering of squashy things which made a mess on his foot, his attempts to avoid the squashies resulted in him standing on some much harder things (trashing their capital city). The squashies fought back and made him itch, he wandered off to take a bath and had a nap in the relaxing waters.

The batrachi tried their best to kill him but could barely scratch the surface. So they tried their most powerful magics and ended up annihilating their entire civilization.

Magic is very much a double edge sword.

Looking up the Imaskari, it would seem that their big portals (the ones used to kidnap the Mulan) had batrachi runes etched onto them so I think the Imaskari dug up and re-used a bunch of batrachi artefacts (including the big portals). I think this same portal was responsible for unleashing the horrible demon horde on their capital (causing them to abandon it for a millennia) so it could be that the batrachi were big into their plane hopping and their demons (could explain the demon influence in the Sea of Fallen Stars, or mayhaps the demon influence was already there and influence the batrachi).

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11691 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2018 :  23:18:32  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While the classic Batrachi information you'll see generally focuses on frog folk, I'd say take a look at Gray Richardsons work. It is non-canon though

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16929&whichpage=2

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Asharak
Learned Scribe

France
268 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2018 :  13:16:08  Show Profile Send Asharak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Search in these topics :

Days of Thunder campaigning
Batrachi Origins and the Sundering
Farsea Marshes and Marsh of Tun

and :

The Candlekeep Compendium, Volume III - Mysteries of the Creator Race : The Batrachi - by Gray Richardson

"Soyez réalistes : demandez l'impossible"

Sorry for my English... it's not my native tongue.

Edited by - Asharak on 14 Aug 2018 14:25:22
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000