Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Size of Faerun
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2018 :  22:08:50  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
anyone have a link as to the size of the faerun continent?

i have the FR Atlas but boxed it up in a move and forgot which box it is in hehe

really just wanting to know North to South length and East to West length (including Kara-Tur)

thanks in advance

Bloodstone Lands Sage

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2018 :  22:13:44  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oooh Found a online text version of snippets from the Atlas, so I need to change my question...

does ... "The known Realms occupied a single land mass, sixty-five hundred miles north to south and eighty-five hundred miles east to west" ... this include Kara-Tur?

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2018 :  01:30:29  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think so, but bear in mind that they've changed the size pretty much each edition because, well, you know, magic.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2018 :  02:07:31  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Look at the first edition FR campaign setting. Its got a map of Faerun and a map of America above it for comparison. The below link should show it.

EDIT: removed the link, it didn't work... but google "America sourcebook of the realms" while on images. You'll see it.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 20 Jul 2018 02:09:34
Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2018 :  17:54:34  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks peeps!

yeah this is a 3rd edition project so i don't factor in the drastic changes

Bloodstone Lands Sage

Edited by - coach on 20 Jul 2018 17:57:36
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2018 :  15:41:57  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Senior Scribe coach,

I believe I have an answer for you. Though, I will state my assumptions from the onset so if anyone would like to dispute where I am getting my figures from, they may know.

Total square miles based on above assumptions: 21,254,642.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by coach

anyone have a link as to the size of the faerun continent?

i have the FR Atlas but boxed it up in a move and forgot which box it is in hehe

really just wanting to know North to South length and East to West length (including Kara-Tur)

thanks in advance

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000