Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Lastat, Bierock & Lathane
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Asharak
Learned Scribe

France
268 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2018 :  21:26:45  Show Profile Send Asharak a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
From Forgotten Realms : the Library on http://www.o-love.net :

"Six adventurers set their minds upon the Grand reunification of the old elven kingdom that is home to the dalesmen. Their plan is first to set up a base of operation, with a town formed around it. Next is to help Randal Morn in anyway possible, such that he will be indebted to them. Only three of the original 6 remains, but the survivors find new people willing to help them in their goal. The goals also means eliminating the remaining Zhentil forces in the area and Zhentil Keep itself. The three remaining founders are now with titles; the half-elf King Lastat, the dwarf Archduke Bierock of the Tethyamar and the surrounding mountains and the elf Baron Lathane of Teshwave."

Is there anything more about this or an idea of the source ?

"Soyez réalistes : demandez l'impossible"

Sorry for my English... it's not my native tongue.

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2018 :  03:08:12  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems to me that is homebrew, from whoever posted it.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2018 :  04:00:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm finding that exact same text on a lot of websites, but no mention of a source.

It's not in the last unofficial Grand History of the Realms nor in the official version.

However... A number of sites I saw also referenced a lot of the old FR computer games. I'm wondering if that text is from one of them.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2018 :  04:32:53  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Certainly sounds like someone’s home brew campaign.

— George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2018 :  05:11:08  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'm finding that exact same text on a lot of websites, but no mention of a source.

It's not in the last unofficial Grand History of the Realms nor in the official version.

However... A number of sites I saw also referenced a lot of the old FR computer games. I'm wondering if that text is from one of them.

Its not from any computer game I ever played - which is most of them.
Go to Top of Page

Asharak
Learned Scribe

France
268 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2018 :  16:56:25  Show Profile Send Asharak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So all others entries from the "Forgotten Realms Chronology" on the site are "canon" except this one.

Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2018 :  00:41:30  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Asharak

So all others entries from the "Forgotten Realms Chronology" on the site are "canon" except this one.

Thanks.

I did the original revision many, many years ago and it's clear that further, homebrew entries were added to it. Most of those with an e-mail attached are homebrew, and the one this thread references is also just without an e-mail address.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Asharak
Learned Scribe

France
268 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2018 :  10:06:35  Show Profile Send Asharak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I did the original revision many, many years ago and it's clear that further, homebrew entries were added to it. Most of those with an e-mail attached are homebrew, and the one this thread references is also just without an e-mail address.

-- George Krashos

Ok, so this is for the "fr_time_line.doc".

And, if i'm correct, the htlm "no tables in list" is with just a single homebrew entry (mentioned in my first post).

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2018 :  02:04:21  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, that would appear to be the case.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000