Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Upcoming Novels 2018
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

creyzi4zb12
Learned Scribe

Philippines
129 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2018 :  07:32:46  Show Profile  Visit creyzi4zb12's Homepage Send creyzi4zb12 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gyor

Not FR novels, but now that Ravnica is a D&D Setting, do the two Ravnica novels count as D&D novels?

If that’s the case, it seems like D&d is slowly abandoning forgotten realms for novels and now focusing on Ravnica.

I can only hope for one big crossover. At least to let the Realms stay alive.

orc orc orc orc orc orc orc orc orc orc orc
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2018 :  08:56:10  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Realms are alive. Just not in terms of fiction. No gameworld is alive in terms of fiction, not even the greatest fiction gameworld: Dragonlance. WotC is now a gaming company, not a novel publishing house.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2018 :  13:21:27  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Krash, just wondering if you know something on numbers... I personally always got the feel that past the initial like 12 major Krynn novels, the setting as a novel line was failing and that FR was selling more novels in general. Not that it really makes a lot of difference now, but since you talked with Ed and others who were on the inside, maybe you heard something that was different than my gut feel. Don't get me wrong, I loved the major Krynn novels, but a lot of the secondaries suffered.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Giant Snake
Acolyte

48 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2019 :  22:02:11  Show Profile Send Giant Snake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you were new, and with all the books available, where would you start? Looking for books in general of Forgotten Realms' world.

Edited by - Giant Snake on 13 Apr 2019 22:05:02
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2019 :  01:46:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Giant Snake

If you were new, and with all the books available, where would you start? Looking for books in general of Forgotten Realms' world.

Though we never quite reached a consensus, this is a topic that was discussed at length in the Experienced help for recommending FR Novels thread. Perusing that scroll may be helpful for you.

Me, I always recommend any of the books by Elaine Cunningham, or the ones by Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb. Elfshadow, by Elaine, or Azure Bonds, by Novak and Grubb, are wonderful places to start -- both are good stories, and both do a great job of showcasing the setting, as well.

(I met Jeff Grubb at GenCon one year and told him of my usual recommendations to new folks, and he immediately started praising Elaine's work! He didn't seem to even notice that I'd mentioned the stuff he and Kate Novak wrote.)

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 14 Apr 2019 01:48:56
Go to Top of Page

Giant Snake
Acolyte

48 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2019 :  03:40:13  Show Profile Send Giant Snake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I'll check those out next, once I finish all the Drizzt books. Long story short, I got the first Drizzt book because the cover art appealed to me and it was a very memorable time in my life. I haven't gotten into Forgotten Realms a whole lot, but it all brings back good memories for me. Sadly quit reading all fiction for a long time. Definitely ready to explore more of the stories out there once I finish with where I started.

Edited by - Giant Snake on 16 Apr 2019 03:41:07
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000