Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Hellgate Keep Lower Levels Help
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carickah
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2018 :  21:27:02  Show Profile Send carickah a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have some characters who have managed to wake up in one of the wild magic areas in the Chambers Below area and I am finding it difficult to explain what the various areas were originally used for. If there is any place that gives more description than the Hellgate Keep Dungeon Crawl module, I'd be very interested in it. Thanks for any help in advance.

Gareth
Seeker

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2018 :  00:39:23  Show Profile Send Gareth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Crypt of the Black Hand

http://www.realmshelps.net/faerun/lore/mintiper/04.shtml
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2018 :  03:42:02  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you have the 2nd Ed. book? Would start there.
Go to Top of Page

carickah
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2018 :  16:21:54  Show Profile Send carickah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gareth

Gareth,

Thanks. This sounds like a very interesting addition but not really what I am looking for. The Crypt is shown to be an insert inside the horn itself rather than below the ground level. I am trying to work up the Chambers Below, 3 levels below. There are several interesting but undefined (within the module) rooms that I am not really certain what they are supposed to be for.
Go to Top of Page

carickah
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2018 :  16:37:15  Show Profile Send carickah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

Do you have the 2nd Ed. book? Would start there.

MM,

Are you talking about the 2nd Ed Campaign book? Adventures? The Module itself?
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2018 :  19:47:24  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carickah

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth

Gareth,

(...)
The Crypt is shown to be an insert inside the horn itself rather than below the ground level.
(...)

In fact it is above ground level, but under the keep's level and near the "lesser assemblies", which are really upper chambers if compared to the "Chambers Below". And yes, it seems that The Masked Mage is refering to the module you already mentioned. There are no details on Hellgate Keep in the 2nd edition FR Campaign Setting, nor in the Adventures sourcebook. I don't think more details, beyond what is told in the Keep's module, are given anywhere else.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)

Edited by - Barastir on 12 Jul 2018 19:49:38
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2018 :  21:17:21  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hellgate Keep for $4.99 at DM's Guild.

After re reading the Opening post, I guess you have Hellgate Keep already. Carry on...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 12 Jul 2018 21:18:46
Go to Top of Page

carickah
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2018 :  23:01:32  Show Profile Send carickah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Hellgate Keep for $4.99 at DM's Guild.

After re reading the Opening post, I guess you have Hellgate Keep already. Carry on...

Yes, I do have it. And really, I could assign pretty much any reason to it I want... but I having my players down there made me think about the original uses of those odd-shaped rooms. Especially the two elongated rooms with the rather large (map scale is 1 square = 20 feet) alcoves; so each of those rooms is roughly 260' by 60' with the alcoves being roughly 60' by 20'. Without any description in the text as to what these areas are for (at least not that I have found... maybe I am missing something?), it's kind of got my brain itching...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000