Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Council of Garaun
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Asharak
Learned Scribe

France
267 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2018 :  17:45:23  Show Profile Send Asharak a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I found only one mention in Prayers from the Faithfull p.90.

Is there anything else about Garaun ?

"Soyez réalistes : demandez l'impossible"

Sorry for my English... it's not my native tongue.

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2018 :  20:37:32  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I found this http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040421a which touches on this
quote:
In 1368 DR Vraer was "wildly inspired" and created a book he called the Testament of Vraer, which he claimed was proof of Kelemvor's favor in him and established that he should be the supreme cleric of the faith.

I found that D&D resource by visit to http://dnd.eizzn.com/?time_tag=council-of-garaun which offered
quote:
According to the sage Kauldlonthas of Memnon, Vraer, the creator of the Testament of Vraer, is "wildly inspired" when he presided over the Council of Garaun. Vraer presents the Testament to the council as a gift and proof that he is the First Servant of Kelemvor. This claim is openly disputed by several priests, most notably Nalauthiir of Reth, who claims that Kelemvor always speaks to him directly, and that the book must be a fraud. Vraer challenges Nalauthiir to maintain that view after he'd read the tome, and the deadmaster of Reth has no choice but to accept. Nalauthiir is found dead the next morning, the book open in his hands.
and refining search.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2018 :  05:36:41  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's the only mention in published Realmslore.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Asharak
Learned Scribe

France
267 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2018 :  15:41:55  Show Profile Send Asharak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot.

"Soyez réalistes : demandez l'impossible"

Sorry for my English... it's not my native tongue.
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2018 :  15:51:46  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course what he might mean is that is the only mention in published realmslore thus far.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2018 :  16:17:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Of course what he might mean is that is the only mention in published realmslore thus far.

That's pretty much a given, since if it's not out yet, it's not published Realmslore.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2018 :  16:48:25  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I was implying that these random questions sometimes prompt the likes of George into action on some spurious topic, although the definition of canon for some may not include these gems

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2018 :  05:01:29  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sometimes, not always. Just like sometimes I have info on my HD that isn't "published realmslore". If it's mine, I usually find a way to showcase it. Eventually. If it's someone else's, well I usually sit on it. No sense in stealing someone's potential writing thunder down the track. If I tinker with it and make it different or more, then I usually ask to get it out to the masses somehow. Even though, truth be told, the masses aren't all that interested.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 26 Jun 2018 05:02:22
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2018 :  05:32:08  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos
...the masses aren't all that interested.

-- George Krashos

Perhaps not the masses, but 'we happy few' enjoy finding tidbits from you amidst the scrolls.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2018 :  19:21:07  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe Asharak,

I know this isn't exactly along the lines you were looking for, but I think it is a cool idea to share, so I will.

Consider writing a prophecy of the Phoenix Prophecies written by El Nar'ysr regarding them. Good stuff there, and deep, rich lore involved.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Asharak

I found only one mention in Prayers from the Faithfull p.90.

Is there anything else about Garaun ?

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000