Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Waterdeep: Dragon Heist & Dungeon of the Mad Mage
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2018 :  05:17:45  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

And the last reason I don't like the Cassalanters for this is because of Caladorn Cassalanter, from the pre-Spellplague era. Caladorn was a good and truly noble sort. While I recognize that it's been 100 years and families can have oddball members, I just don't like the idea that his family could go that particular route. Just about any other noble family, with a less convoluted goal, would work better for me.

Caladorn was not the only Cassalanter in 3ed era Waterdeep and Myna Cassalanter was NE.

Interestly theres also a devil tie to the Casssalanter family through Caladorn. Caladorn was once romanticly involved with Lucia Tione (See Elf Song by Elaine Cunningham) Lucia would go back to Tethyr where she would marry one of the Leaders of the Knights of the Shield who served the deity Gargauth a former Arch Devil who would later be trapped insaid Shield and loose his divinity during the Spellplague and one of Gargauths few allies was Asmodeous...

It wouldnt suprise me in the least if Lucia spent a fair bit of time corrupting members of the Cassalanter family because Caladorn "spurned her" in Elf Song......

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2018 :  09:43:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I get all that... But it doesn't change the fact that when the name Cassalanter is mentioned, Caladorn is the one I think of -- and he'd be ashamed of his name if he knew his family was like that.

There is also the fact that according to the old web enhancement on Waterdeep's noble houses, the Cassalanters' predominant alignments were CG, NG, CN, N, and their favored deity was Waukeen.

Like I said, the simple expedient of choosing just about any other noble family would have avoided those issues.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2018 :  12:10:43  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I get all that... But it doesn't change the fact that when the name Cassalanter is mentioned, Caladorn is the one I think of -- and he'd be ashamed of his name if he knew his family was like that.

He does knows
Read entries A4 and A4A on page 128 of Dragon heist

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2018 :  13:26:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:

He does knows

I've not gotten that far into it, yet.

I was also bothered by something in Manshoon's description. He lost an arm and had to go for an artificial replacement... that seems to be purely mechanical. A high-level wizard, with an artificial limb, has not enchanted that limb in any way -- not even something as simple as a built-in touch spell usable once a day. That bothered me.

I was also not cool with the way he uses his simulacrum spell. Rather than a backup or something like that, it's simply a way for him to be in two places at once.

While that is a nifty idea, this is Manshoon, we're talking about; this version is explicitly stated as a Manshoon clone that survived the Manshoon Wars. I can't see Manshoon, of all people, making such a prosaic use of the spell.

As I commented a few days ago, if they had made a new character for that particular villainous role in the adventure, then that new character would be lacking a lot of baggage and thus work better for the adventure.

At least, this is all my opinion.

Go to Top of Page

Sunderstone
Learned Scribe

104 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2018 :  03:23:46  Show Profile Send Sunderstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:

He does knows

I've not gotten that far into it, yet.

I was also bothered by something in Manshoon's description. He lost an arm and had to go for an artificial replacement... that seems to be purely mechanical. A high-level wizard, with an artificial limb, has not enchanted that limb in any way -- not even something as simple as a built-in touch spell usable once a day. That bothered me.

I was also not cool with the way he uses his simulacrum spell. Rather than a backup or something like that, it's simply a way for him to be in two places at once.

While that is a nifty idea, this is Manshoon, we're talking about; this version is explicitly stated as a Manshoon clone that survived the Manshoon Wars. I can't see Manshoon, of all people, making such a prosaic use of the spell.

As I commented a few days ago, if they had made a new character for that particular villainous role in the adventure, then that new character would be lacking a lot of baggage and thus work better for the adventure.

At least, this is all my opinion.

This book like all others post spellplague feels manufactured for retail value vs the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ed Realms. Pre Spellplague it felt like a living breathing world with real environs ann residents, especially pre ToT. After this disapointment, I can't see ever spending any more money on "new Realms'. For me, it would take a hard rebbot back to pre spellplague and the return to Lore centric books of previous editions.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2018 :  04:03:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Despite my complaints, I don't think this book is a bad one -- it just needs a little more polish. There are some good ideas; the designers (or whoever was dictating to them) should have made a few better choices. So far, I've liked what I've read -- I just would have gone with some different NPCs and given them better names. The adventure itself seems pretty solid, to me.

I bought the book from the Amazon, so I didn't pay cover price. And while I'm not going to be effusive in my praise, I am satisfied with my purchase, and I'd encourage people to take some time to flip through the book and read a few bits.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11681 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2018 :  13:35:42  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't even begun to read mine, but I did flip through real quick to look at the artistry. I was glad to see the pictures of the coins as well as the heraldic device of Waterdeep (granted, on the heraldic device, I've seen it elsewhere several times). I will also state that the style of the pictures that are more human like were appealing to me, the dwarves all looked a bit odd mind you. I was also caught off guard for just a second when I saw the submarine, thinking for a second that an iconic spelljammer was in the adventure.... and my first thought was "we need to put a helm on that thing".

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

RealmProtector
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2018 :  21:51:25  Show Profile Send RealmProtector a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

This book like all others post spellplague feels manufactured for retail value vs the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ed Realms. Pre Spellplague it felt like a living breathing world with real environs ann residents, especially pre ToT. After this disapointment, I can't see ever spending any more money on "new Realms'. For me, it would take a hard rebbot back to pre spellplague and the return to Lore centric books of previous editions.

I'm a Forgotten Realms gamer from way back to first edition, when 3.0/3.5 came out I was doing news stories reviews and interviews for GamingReport.com. I completely agree, I love the old realms the books are fantastic! I have yet to buy anything post 3.5, Ed's Realms remain by far the best. Though there were plenty of folk who added amazing people and details to the realms. I miss the old TSR/WOTC team. Sadly I doubt they will ever Reboot back to pre spellcr** and all those folks are off to new persuits anyway...sigh....sadness

Edited by - RealmProtector on 20 Oct 2018 21:52:19
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2018 :  02:36:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe it's just me, but I think you can't properly judge the material if you're not reading it.

Go to Top of Page

RealmProtector
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2018 :  10:55:13  Show Profile Send RealmProtector a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Maybe it's just me, but I think you can't properly judge the material if you're not reading it.

I never said I didn't read it, I have friends who have loaned me books, I've also stopped by Barnes and Noble to read, have read reviews and content online, read alot of the current history on the FR app. browesed through this very book (Dragonheist) at my local Cool Stuff...

Mabey it's just me but you should not assume (as we know what that makes) without knowing all the facts.

Edited by - RealmProtector on 21 Oct 2018 10:55:41
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2018 :  15:19:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Browsing thru the book and actually reading it are two separate things.

And we've a long history of people bashing newer material without reading it -- sometimes before it's even released. Someone comes into a discussion just to say "all new stuff sucks!" *and* at the same time says they're not buying anything? That's a common sign of not even looking at new material.

Perhaps I shouldn't have assumed you weren't reading anything -- but at the same time, perhaps you could have posted something more constructive than "everything sucks!" We're trying to discuss a specific product here, not offer commentary on several years' worth of material.

The routine of randomly, pointlessly bashing new stuff got old when 4E was going strong -- and I say that as someone who hated both the 4E ruleset and what was done to the setting. My ideal Realms stops where 3E begins -- but I'm fully reading everything before I comment on it, or I'm limiting my comments to just those things I have read.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 21 Oct 2018 15:55:23
Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

499 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2018 :  02:21:32  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I often spend my cash less than wisely and pick up D&D items before they're vetted. So I've grabbed a lot of products from different editions. I do my best to give them a good read, overall I think 5E stuff is doing some good course correction.

I have begun running Dragon Heist with my group, it has good concepts and for a DM who knows what they are doing but is limited in time it is a good fit. I am impressed with how much they packed into the book. I can easily patch in a lot of small changes to make it feel more like my FR, my biggest wish was that it was a year long adventure and it tied all the seasons together, more than a little patch.

On a different note, some Mad Mage content is starting to hit, here's an image see anyone hanging with Mirt we might know?

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.
Go to Top of Page

Dewaint
Learned Scribe

Germany
148 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2018 :  12:54:01  Show Profile Send Dewaint a Private Message  Reply with Quote

indeed!!!

I love such "hidden" ovations.

Like in Dragon Heist ... the scarlet marpenoht

am pretty sure there are more, but hadn't catched my eye yet.

Anyway ... I have to second Gelcur's view on DragonHeist.

It's a really nice update to already available lore/adventure modules on Waterdeep, with many nice Adventure Hooks you can grab, or in case you stumbled over Waterdeep with 5e first time, a great modular adventure.

An I like the idea of becoming a landlord in Waterdeep, same for the various factions and how they might approach the characters, same for the guilds!

DragonHeist appears to me a good starting point for DMs to get familiar with the city. Preparing you for deep divings into older lore books from 3(.5)e, 2e and 1e

Edited by - Dewaint on 24 Oct 2018 12:56:20
Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

499 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2018 :  21:04:49  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dewaint

An I like the idea of becoming a landlord in Waterdeep, same for the various factions and how they might approach the characters, same for the guilds!

Again another good concept that I wish got fleshed out more, could have left out a villain base or two and fleshed out that chapter more. The intrigue of factions and guilds, lords and villains and adventures is what gives Waterdeep its feel I think.

Reminds me of an idea, I've always wanted to run a Waterdeep adventure where I use the Lords of Waterdeep board game as the high level background, players wouldn't know or have access to the game unless they became Hidden Lords but the game would be being played either way behind the scenes.

Edited by - Gelcur on 24 Oct 2018 21:05:55
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2018 :  05:02:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know one thing I've absolutely loved in this book, thus far? It's a throwaway line on page 69:

"At dusk, hundreds of driftglobes make their way from the inhabited part of the city and congregate in the City of the Dead. They spend the night here, then disperse and return to the waking city at down -- for a reason no one knows."

This is awesome -- an odd and wondrous little mystery, just tossed out there, enriching the book by giving it some uniquely flavorful details. Just a couple of sentences, but it's something unique and memorable, and could easily become the hook for an entirely separate adventure.

In fact, it reminds me of the old Current Clack section we used to get.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11681 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2018 :  15:35:31  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is pretty cool Wooly. I would love it if somehow when Mystra died, a wizard using magic jar was slain, and a number of the driftglobes in the city absorbed the scattered sparks of the spirit. Maybe they travel to this section of the city on a nightly basis because this is where its remains reside, but it needs help to reconstitute its soul.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

RealmProtector
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2018 :  05:30:46  Show Profile Send RealmProtector a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And we've a long history of people bashing newer material without reading it -- sometimes before it's even released. Someone comes into a discussion just to say "all new stuff sucks!" *and* at the same time says they're not buying anything? That's a common sign of not even looking at new material.

Perhaps I shouldn't have assumed you weren't reading anything -- but at the same time, perhaps you could have posted something more constructive than "everything sucks!" We're trying to discuss a specific product here, not offer commentary on several years' worth of material.

The routine of randomly, pointlessly bashing new stuff got old when 4E was going strong -- and I say that as someone who hated both the 4E ruleset and what was done to the setting. My ideal Realms stops where 3E begins -- but I'm fully reading everything before I comment on it, or I'm limiting my comments to just those things I have read.

First I NEVER said in my post “everything sucks” stop putting words in my mouth!

Second “perhaps you shouldn’t have assumed?” Your a moderator you should never assume!

And last last I bought the book and read it and...well I liked it more then I thought. I may not like what happened to the Realms with 4E and all but there is a lot in this book that is useable in many a campaign with a little tweaking this way or that. I also love the artwork and the book itself as I love hardbacks. So I took some of your words to heart in buying the book and I am actually looking forward to “Dungeon of the Mad Mage” so thank you for that.

Edited by - RealmProtector on 26 Oct 2018 05:33:28
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2018 :  07:19:24  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RealmProtector

quote:

First I NEVER said in my post “everything sucks” stop putting words in my mouth!

Second “perhaps you shouldn’t have assumed?” Your a moderator you should never assume!

And last last I bought the book and read it and...well I liked it more then I thought. I may not like what happened to the Realms with 4E and all but there is a lot in this book that is useable in many a campaign with a little tweaking this way or that. I also love the artwork and the book itself as I love hardbacks. So I took some of your words to heart in buying the book and I am actually looking forward to “Dungeon of the Mad Mage” so thank you for that.

Many (myself included) didn't like 4e and what it did to the setting. Thankfully, 5e restored the pantheons, so that is a plus. It lacks the "meat" of previous editions, but hopefully that will change. If there are some good lore til bits, I may check it out.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2018 :  04:17:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found another two quibbles... There are some great NPC names in there, but a halfling named Mookie Plush? I'm sorry, that sounds like someone looked at their kid's favorite stuffed animal for inspiration.

Also, Jarlaxle has a safe, with a combination lock on it. They could have gone with a standard keyed lock, but they decided to go with a combination lock. And rather than make it something random, they decided to be cute with it and make it an Easter egg.

To me, just the fact that they made it a combination lock and provided the combination draws attention to it -- and I'm not a fan of Easter eggs that have big neon arrows pointing to them that say "Look! An Easter egg!"

Me, if I'd've wanted to include that particular Easter egg, I would have been more subtle about it... Maybe Jarlaxle had some papers that needed to be rifled thru, and an important one was dated "20 Hammer, Year of the Forged Sigil." That's an Easter egg you have to look for. It's the same reference, without the "Hey, look at this!" flags and banners.

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2018 :  02:11:15  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

So as I'm reading thru this book, I decide to check to see what the current description of the Dragonstaff of Ahghairon is; I was mainly interested in how it passed from Maaril to a gold dragon.

And it says in the write-up for the gold dragon that the staff was passed to him by Maaril. Dagult Neverember later cut a deal with the dragon, saying that if he guarded the latter's vault, then the dragon could keep the Dragonstaff.

Think on this. A human dude says to an adult gold dragon, "You can keep this powerful magical item that you already have in your possession if you agree to be my guard dog" -- and the dragon agreed.

Is it just me, or is that utterly preposterous? What could Dagult have done if the dragon told him where to stick it?

Well it did say Aurinax was entrusted with Dragonstaff not given it ie Maaril said "look after this while Im out of town" of course tMaaril never came back and is assumed dead. So technically Aurinax was in possession of the staff not ownership.

Given the staff is the only way dragons can subvert the dragon ward and enter the city the Staff may well be considered part of the Waterdeeps defences and the Lords may well have a say on who can take possession of it in the event the current owner dies.

As Dagult Neverwinter was the Open Lord of Waterdeep at the time he approached Aurinax he would have had the legal right to revoke Aurinax "custodianship" of the staff and Aurinax is a LAWFUL good dragon .

Aurinax got a pretty good dea, he gets legal ownership of both the Dragonstaff and The Dragon Tower and all he had to do was sit on someone elses gold for 5/10/20 years until they reclaim it. Which isnt alot of time when your a dragon...

Edit: Interesting Dragon Heist claims Maaril gave the Staff to Aurinmax (and its presumably been in possession ever since) but theres a Novel called Godcatcher where the staff appears in the hands of Nazra Mrays a Masked Lord of Waterdeep in 1479...

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 08 Nov 2018 02:41:48
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2018 :  03:21:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aurinax could have just as easily decided that Maaril was the rightful owner of the staff, and that Dagult didn't have a legal right to confiscate someone else's property.

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2018 :  03:36:19  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Aurinax could have just as easily decided that Maaril was the rightful owner of the staff, and that Dagult didn't have a legal right to confiscate someone else's property.

He could of but that would have created alot of issues for him. If there wasnt a Law, Neverwinter could have made one saying all property that doesnt pass to an Heir at the death of its owner becomes the property of the city in which case he would have had to hand it over. If he didnt hand it over Neverwinter could have said the Dragonstaff belongs in the hands of someone who can be trusted by the Lords of Waterdeep and as The Staff specficly keeps dragons allowing it to stay in possession of a Dragon does meet that standard ie Aurimex ends up having a constant stream of State sanctioned Adventurers and thieves tracking him down to take the staff off him.

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2018 :  05:09:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would say that allowing a human to dictate whether or not he could keep something he had already received from its owner created a lot of issues, too.

Just because the dragon is lawful doesn't mean he is obligated to recognize human laws, or to follow corrupt ones.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 08 Nov 2018 05:12:59
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2018 :  07:03:13  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I would say that allowing a human to dictate whether or not he could keep something he had already received from its owner created a lot of issues, too.

Just because the dragon is lawful doesn't mean he is obligated to recognize human laws, or to follow corrupt ones.

It does if he wants to live in a Human city

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2018 :  09:37:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope. All he has to do is not get caught. Being LG does not mean adhering to unjust laws.

Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

499 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2018 :  05:50:12  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gelcur

I often spend my cash less than wisely and pick up D&D items before they're vetted.

Well I've done it again picked up the map pack for Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage.

Twenty-six maps are printed on 13 double sided laminated 8.5"x11", also contains some punch out cards to make decks the players can draw from presumably goes with the adventure.

I had really really hoped for poster maps like the old box sets... These maps do not even feature the entire level at times, likely only the parts of the level that will be used by the adventure module.

Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2018 :  19:41:10  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't read this book yet in any great detail, but I was flipping through it. Some of the characters I of course recognized, but this is another reason I wish they would pick up the novel line again (yes, I realize the novels are secondary to the game, but as bookworm, they are the biggest draw to me). I want to read about some of the other characters, such as Fala.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2438 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2018 :  23:14:01  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, may sound like dumb news, but I haven't seen it here. They have confirmed the current year as of Dragon Heist. Is the first time they acknowledge the year in a 5e adventure.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Perkins

1492 DR, the Year of Three Ships Sailing (I kid you not). #wotcstaff #SeaMaidensFaire

https://www.sageadvice.eu/2018/12/01/any-idea-if-waterdeep-dragon-heist-takes-place-in -heist-takes-place-in-1492-dr-or-1491-dr

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 03 Dec 2018 23:19:38
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11681 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2018 :  22:44:05  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

Well, may sound like dumb news, but I haven't seen it here. They have confirmed the current year as of Dragon Heist. Is the first time they acknowledge the year in a 5e adventure.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Perkins

1492 DR, the Year of Three Ships Sailing (I kid you not). #wotcstaff #SeaMaidensFaire

https://www.sageadvice.eu/2018/12/01/any-idea-if-waterdeep-dragon-heist-takes-place-in -heist-takes-place-in-1492-dr-or-1491-dr

Ah, and I just relooked at the SCAG to get a rough idea of time passage since Sundering. So, 1487 is when lands start appearing, etc... so if this is 1492, then 5 years have passed. This does give enough time that cultures should have started seriously interacting again and be past the "honeymoon" stage where they're testing the waters.

Huh, good to know... Thanks Zero.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 06 Dec 2018 23:42:09
Go to Top of Page

farinal
Learned Scribe

Turkey
270 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2018 :  21:58:13  Show Profile Send farinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the Dragon Heist module. Especially some paths have really good storytelling opportunities. But what I really want to run is the Dungeon of the Mad Mage. I received my book last week and didn't have the chance to read it fully yet. But I really like what I see so far.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000