Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Murder in Cormyr
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Myshapyn
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2018 :  13:50:16  Show Profile Send Myshapyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have just recently come back to FR books as I do every few years and picked up one I had never cracked open before.

Murder in Cormyr by Chet Williamson is really good. It was a bit Agatha Christie mixed in with just the right amount of FR lore. It even has that classic bit at the end when all the suspects are gathered together at the end so the “detective” can do the big villain reveal like Hercule Poirot always did.

I do recommend this book if you haven’t taken a look at it yet. It isn’t an epic adventure like some others, but rather one of the “snapshot in the life of” sort of deals. Go for it.

Myshapyn

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2018 :  21:10:10  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say lok at the other murder books then as well - Murder In Halruaa. The third was a Dragonlance entry to the series Murder in Tarsis.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2018 :  21:19:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've had those books for years, but never gotten around to reading them...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000