Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Victorian Age D&D setting Homebrew
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LWhitehead1
Learned Scribe

118 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2018 :  20:55:02  Show Profile Send LWhitehead1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi again this is my Second Idea for a Homebrew setting and hopeful official setting a Victorian D&D, inspired by Iron Kingdoms RPG, Mask of Red Death RPG, Dishonored Video Game series and Bioshock In video game.

Magic conflicts with 19th century Science and Tech, so Alchemy has be use to standard AD&D 2nd spells, think Vigors from Bioshock or Iron Kingdoms.

The Timeframe is 1850 to 1870, The problem I have is with the Gods and Spelljamming.

I need AD&D Kits suitable for this setting and help with the world building,

The French of this setting are Elves,

LW

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2018 :  01:56:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If elves are French, what are dwarves and halflings?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2018 :  02:00:42  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dwarves are Scottish. Did you not see Return of the King?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

LWhitehead1
Learned Scribe

118 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2018 :  18:52:30  Show Profile Send LWhitehead1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well unlike Victoriana RPG which has Elves, Dwarves, and other D&D types of Races in Victorian Earth,

Now in this setting the Gods of Humans are Devived between the Old ones which are standard like D&D led by Goddess Magic, these Deities have bin pushed aside by most of the Humans in this world, the Spells in this world take the form of Alchemy Formulas and Runes carved on Objects such as Steel.

Gloriana is a British like Goddess, she is based on this Setting's version of London, In life she was a Queen that ruled over the British like Humans in death she is Worshiped as this settings version of the Church of England and how the current Monarch is the head of it.

LW
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2018 :  20:32:11  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, have you ever played Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura? As it also takes place in a pseudo-Victorian setting, and shows the industrial evolution in a fantasy setting.

I think it may be a very good source of inspiration.
Go to Top of Page

Thraskir Skimper
Learned Scribe

204 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2018 :  05:27:27  Show Profile Send Thraskir Skimper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr. Whitehead tends to start projects then give up. We entertained him and his book projects on the Weber Forums until even the best of persons finally gave up.

Thay Red
Go to Top of Page

Thraskir Skimper
Learned Scribe

204 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2018 :  05:28:16  Show Profile Send Thraskir Skimper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baltas

Well, have you ever played Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura? As it also takes place in a pseudo-Victorian setting, and shows the industrial evolution in a fantasy setting.

I think it may be a very good source of inspiration.

Arcanum is the best.
I've been playing it for going on 2 decades now.

Thay Red

Edited by - Thraskir Skimper on 08 Jul 2018 05:30:48
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000