Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Question about the search feature
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nblanton
Seeker

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2018 :  01:33:41  Show Profile Send nblanton a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I love the forum and use it a lot in my campaign for ideas and lore. I have one issue I'd like to address with the search feature, though. Currently, when I search for a topic the search merely will return the thread that contains the search criteria. I would love it if the page where the search criteria was located would be highlighted, as many of the scrolls are many pages long, this seems to especially troubling with Ed's responses which are also often the most useful for lore.

Hope that it is something that could be easily added!

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2018 :  07:41:50  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Indeed, it is a known issue and limitation and quite annoying that it does not record and return the actual location. We will not be rectifying this in the current version, but will be a feature in the next forum and site version. Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2018 :  04:01:39  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The mighty google search genie can often find relevant scrolls more quickly than the Candlekeep search genie when including the powerful command word site:forum.candlekeep.com within search invocations.

Most browsers contain a "Find" or "Search" function which can highlight text on a page. For Chrome-based browsers this is invoked by pressing Ctrl-F.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000