Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Feywild Time Warp
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Elren_Wolfsbane
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2018 :  10:55:50  Show Profile Send Elren_Wolfsbane a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So after reading the description of the time shift when leaving the Feywild. What would be the best way to counter that?

For instance (if using 5e), say your party is in the feywild for a looong time, and years and years pass when they get out. What are some good ideas four player options to stop this aging process?

Aa' lasser en`coialle n`natula brown.

(May the leaves of your life tree never turn brown)

-Elren Wolfsbane

Balmar Foghaven
Learned Scribe

Canada
124 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2018 :  11:13:55  Show Profile Send Balmar Foghaven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spend less time in the Feywild. XD

"Despair not, for in the end all things shall work out for the best - in at least one timeline."
Go to Top of Page

Balmar Foghaven
Learned Scribe

Canada
124 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2018 :  11:19:50  Show Profile Send Balmar Foghaven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In all seriousness though, I don't think the characters themselves age immediately upon leaving the plane, it's more that a much longer amount of time has passed on the Material Plane relative to themselves while they were in the Feywild - so it'll be everyone else that they know who has aged.

I'm assuming that's what you meant by your question. If I have misinterpreted the initial question and you simply want to find a way to forego the time shifting altogether... then I'm just as stumped. I can't think of any way to circumvent that than to ask your DM if they will simply ignore that property of the plane (or to do so if you're the DM).

"Despair not, for in the end all things shall work out for the best - in at least one timeline."
Go to Top of Page

Elren_Wolfsbane
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2018 :  13:00:26  Show Profile Send Elren_Wolfsbane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I'm not mistaken I believe you age rapidly (either min, minths, years) when you leave the feywild. And I'm the DM and I'm still stumped on how to stop that. It would be an interesting mechanical dilemma for the players to stumble upon. It would also be interesting to see the outside world change rapidly

-Elren Wolfsbane
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2018 :  14:07:59  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In 5e? Nope, you don't age for being in the Feywild. Because time in the Feywild is in flux. You can be there for one day, and when you return to the Material Plane you discover that have passed 10 years since they left. Or just an hour. So, there is no "rapid aging" attached to the Feywild, because time there doesn't really matters. At least, not in RAW. There is even an example in the DMG about children kidnapped by fey creatures that return years later without having aging a day.

What its seems to be affected are memories. People always have fuzzy memories of their travels to the Feywild, and this has to do with the warped time.

For a way to counter the time in flux in the Feywild, is to befriend an archfey (a ruler of a specific place in the Feywild), because they have absolute control in their lands. So, they can even control how time works there. But dealings with the fey are always tricky.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 07 Jan 2018 14:18:59
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2018 :  18:11:37  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-'There are no hard rules for the Plane of Faerie' is the best way to counter that, lol.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Elren_Wolfsbane
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2018 :  23:01:58  Show Profile Send Elren_Wolfsbane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome, thanks guys :)

-Elren Wolfsbane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000