Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 RPG Book Bundle - D&D 5 non-core
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thojan Ralwens
Acolyte

Belgium
30 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2017 :  20:00:16  Show Profile Send Thojan Ralwens a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I see there is a bundle containing a bunch of D&D 5 non-core products on Humblebundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/dungeons-monsters-dragons-books

I wouldn't have minded if I hadn't read the name of Ed Greenwood as writer of an adventure in Quests of Doom. But it looks like none of this is related to the Realms, alas.

Can someone confirm that this kind of material (published by Frog God Games and Kobold Press) is third-party but edition related, like the products of Mongoose and AEG with the d20 system ?

Edited by - Thojan Ralwens on 06 Dec 2017 20:00:52

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2017 :  20:33:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't speak on the topic of their 5E material... But I can say I've gotten a lot of Pathfinder stuff from Kobold Press and Frog God Games (more the former than the latter), and it's been some really good stuff. In fact, a fair number of the listed titles were released for both Pathfinder and 5E -- particularly the Deep Magic stuff, which was originally a Kickstarter.

In my mind, at least, Kobold Press is only technically third-party stuff. If I can ever get my gaming group back together, I really want to respin my 2E thief with the swashbuckler kit as a trickster (it's a hybrid class combining rogue abilities and arcane spellcasting).

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000