Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Ed's new Realms books
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2017 :  03:44:53  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all,

I was watching the latest TEGG video on YouTube and it sounds like Ed's newest Realms books should be hitting the DMsGuild soon. :)

Provided I spelled things right (sounded like tomes as opposed to tombs to me!), the titles mentioned were:

Adventures:
At the Sign of the Drowned Dragon
The Haunted Tomes of Derlusk
Rattle the Sabre and Shake the Spear [Champion of Ormpur - Clinton Cronk]
New Story:
The Book that Talked Back - Companion Tale

I'm stoked. One thing I did notice on the website was: "We are not looking at producing ...<snip> regional sourcebooks/guidebooks at this time." Anyone know if this means no accompanying Volo's Guide?

Ed's last Mirt story, All Things Through the Bright Flames was so packed with info it's almost a guide itself, considering how much lore you can mine from it, but I was curious if anyone can confirm if Volo is still a go.

Hoping we see these all on the dmsguild soon! Me wants. :)

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2017 :  02:21:10  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ran the Haunted Tomes of Derlusk a few times last weekend at Gamehole Con in Madison, WI. Loads of fun and kept players entertained for 4 hours at a stretch. Of course, Derlusk being a bibliophile's dream didn't hurt....but I may've said too much....

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2017 :  17:24:09  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Ran the Haunted Tomes of Derlusk a few times last weekend at Gamehole Con in Madison, WI. Loads of fun and kept players entertained for 4 hours at a stretch. Of course, Derlusk being a bibliophile's dream didn't hurt....but I may've said too much....

Lore within the lore maybe? :) Can't wait to get ahold of them!
Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2017 :  18:55:55  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm odd. So is this Ed's new direction…. to publish future Realms fiction digitally via the DMSGuild, and no longer printing paperbacks through physical or online book stores? (e.g. Barns & Noble, Amazon, Daltons, etc). Just being curious, not that I really prefer the latter method over the other.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2017 :  01:31:15  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moonbeast

Hmm odd. So is this Ed's new direction…. to publish future Realms fiction digitally via the DMSGuild, and no longer printing paperbacks through physical or online book stores? (e.g. Barns & Noble, Amazon, Daltons, etc). Just being curious, not that I really prefer the latter method over the other.

It's that or nothing. Far as I can tell, the peeps in charge of WotC have pretty much told the old guard to go get bent. It's up to them what gets published after all. As such, I'm just glad Ed is able to get something out to us, no matter the form.
Go to Top of Page

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
201 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2018 :  18:25:49  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eilserus

Hi all,

I was watching the latest TEGG video on YouTube and it sounds like Ed's newest Realms books should be hitting the DMsGuild soon. :)

Provided I spelled things right (sounded like tomes as opposed to tombs to me!), the titles mentioned were:

Adventures:
At the Sign of the Drowned Dragon
The Haunted Tomes of Derlusk
Rattle the Sabre and Shake the Spear [Champion of Ormpur - Clinton Cronk]
New Story:
The Book that Talked Back - Companion Tale

I'm looking for these adventures but can't find these anywhere. If someone has it let me know, it would only be to run the adventures to my players.
Onder Librum website is not available right now so i can't ask them.

Edited by - Marco Volo on 02 May 2018 18:27:21
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2018 :  07:45:29  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marco Volo
I'm looking for these adventures but can't find these anywhere. If someone has it let me know, it would only be to run the adventures to my players.
Onder Librum website is not available right now so i can't ask them.

They are not available yet but likely will be toward the end of the year on the DMs Guild site.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
275 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2018 :  11:31:56  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dammit, I like to read in bed. Short magazines I don't mind reading on a monitor. But book-length stuff I want to read in bed.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2018 :  10:05:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Border Kingdoms: A Forgotten Realms Campaign Supplement

quote:
Welcome to the Border Kingdoms!

According to the sage Meriadas of Westgate: “The Border Kingdoms are the most favored destination for adventurers who want to proudly and boldly conquer a realm or establish their own new kingdom. Lords, counts, dukes, kings and emperors rise, proclaim themselves, and are swept away with the speed and regularity of waves crashing upon a shore.”

This fall Gamehole Con will be releasing original adventures set in the Border Kingdoms for the Adventurers League organized play program. To get the excitement going, we are sharing our campaign bible with you. It contains over 100 pages of lore about the Border Kingdoms and was written by Ed Greenwood, creator of the Forgotten Realms!

This product includes:

• Over 100 pages of lore about the Border Kingdoms in PDF format

• A high resolution map of the Border Kingdoms in PDF format

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2018 :  15:34:19  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just bought a copy!

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 13 Jun 2018 15:34:35
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2018 :  01:31:40  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks for the heads up Wooly

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2018 :  19:04:43  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bought a copy today. Liking the new names for potential jhaamdath artefacts, can't wait to scour it for lore

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2020 :  17:19:12  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

According to the sage Meriadas of Westgate: “The Border Kingdoms are the most favored destination for adventurers who want to proudly and boldly conquer a realm or establish their own new kingdom. Lords, counts, dukes, kings and emperors rise, proclaim themselves, and are swept away with the speed and regularity of waves crashing upon a shore.”

This fall Gamehole Con will be releasing original adventures set in the Border Kingdoms for the Adventurers League organized play program. To get the excitement going, we are sharing our campaign bible with you. It contains over 100 pages of lore about the Border Kingdoms and was written by Ed Greenwood, creator of the Forgotten Realms!

This product includes:

It's been updated. If you bought a copy of the PDF you can download the updated version for free. It also has a new and updated map of the region which is absolutely gorgeous. You can also buy a soft or hardcover of it! Got a hardcover on the way!

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2020 :  01:25:23  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

This product includes:

Bought this and it seems pretty solid, though I am chuckling at how many different times “this mage went mad and died in the Spellplague” happens - it did other things, y’know?

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2020 :  03:21:28  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just downloaded all the original Boarder Kingdoms PDF files from WotC site during 3.5 and I'm glad to see they all got updates. I'll definitely have to get this book
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2020 :  19:00:33  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This new Border Kingdoms book is a must to me. I want to start a new campaign in a place with little canon stuff.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

DenverJack
Acolyte

20 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2020 :  22:10:44  Show Profile Send DenverJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also had to order a physical copy - can’t wait to get a look at it! I look at screens enough that I like to enjoy an actual book for my gaming stuff.
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2020 :  22:18:42  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

This new Border Kingdoms book is a must to me. I want to start a new campaign in a place with little canon stuff.

It does make me laugh how many times a variant on the phrase “and then this mage went crazy and died in the Spellplague” gets used. It did more than just kill wizards!

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

King Libertine
Seeker

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2020 :  00:19:11  Show Profile Send King Libertine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Unfortunately, my entire party died. I played a fey'ri swashbuckler and bit the dust.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000