Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Is There Faerunian Chocolate?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2017 :  23:51:34  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

I just made this for our first snow here in the NY area and it is beyond delicious. The recipe is super easy and it is soooooo Maztica!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/216166/xocolatl-aztec-chocolate/

I see the pepper... how spicy is it? I won't have a problem with the spice, but my girlfriend and her daughter might. They have a problem with spicy popeye's chicken that I don't even notice.

It was spicy and it hurt the next day (sorry tmi). There are some suggestions in the comments for toning it down a bit but I have yet to try them.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2017 :  00:02:28  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have some red-hot chocolate my son bought from a gourmet shop. Almost a year later, we still have some left... and it was a small bar.

I keep meaning to throw whats left in my next batch of Chili. I use dark chocolate anyway, so it would be perfect.

Seethyr - what part of NY you from? I'm from Long Island.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 12 Dec 2017 00:03:02
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2017 :  01:03:21  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I have some red-hot chocolate my son bought from a gourmet shop. Almost a year later, we still have some left... and it was a small bar.

I keep meaning to throw whats left in my next batch of Chili. I use dark chocolate anyway, so it would be perfect.

Seethyr - what part of NY you from? I'm from Long Island.

WestChester - lol I worked at the Boardy Barn for 18 years.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

unseenmage
Seeker

61 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2018 :  05:58:53  Show Profile Send unseenmage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This thread swerved left in the best possible way. My campaign worlds now all officially have chocolate in some form or another. Thanks to everyone for helping me wrap my head around how chocolate fits in the gameworld. It truly is appreciated.

Now I've just got to find a way to incorporate it into some Construct build or another... Choco Golem is too obvious... Perhaps some sort of clockwork chocolatier? Yeah, I like that one. Definitely working up a Clockwork Chocolatier NPC.

Flying monkeys will eat your eyes.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2018 :  16:38:31  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only hard question is then whether you prefer fluffy-truffly booze-filled supersweet soft halfling chocolates, spiced butterscotchy salty-licorice gnomish chocolates, ingots of unbreakable (and unchewable) bland-but-bitter dwarven chocolate concrete, or euphoric (perhaps addictive) sublime fruit-nutty elven chocolate delicacies. Or, of course, whatever chocolates the humans make. Or even the unpalatable (and rather suspicious) sticky brown stuff made by orcs.

Imagine Toblerone bars available not just in "Jumbo" but also "Jotun" sizes!

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

unseenmage
Seeker

61 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2018 :  16:51:00  Show Profile Send unseenmage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cheap. Humans make cheap chocolate.

Have been snacking on discount bargain bin xmas "chocolate" for a while now and I can tell you that is human made chocolate.

Besides, it's those fey chocolates you've really got to look out for.

Flying monkeys will eat your eyes.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2018 :  18:04:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which race makes the Cadbury Cream Eggs?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000