Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Forgotten Realms Fan Art for your Attention
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ormson
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2017 :  03:50:47  Show Profile  Visit Ormson's Homepage Send Ormson a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello All,
I am new to this forum.
Guys I am a big fan Forgotten Realms and a 3D Artist.
Just finished my Forgotten realms Bruenor fan art tribute.
Please have a look and let me know how you feel about this project.

https://mishakovalenko.tumblr.com/post/166309695895/forgotten-realms-dwarf-fantasy-3d

Thank you all!)

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2017 :  12:20:40  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wow, that is amazing looking. I particularly like the bumps in the shield, as its an added detail one doesn't normally think about, but would probably exist.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2017 :  13:44:10  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's impressive, thank you for sharing your work!

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Adhriva
Learned Scribe

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2017 :  15:25:04  Show Profile  Visit Adhriva's Homepage Send Adhriva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nicely done and welcome to the forum :)

Professional illustrator and comic book artist.
Portfolio
Go to Top of Page

Ormson
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2017 :  16:35:24  Show Profile  Visit Ormson's Homepage Send Ormson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you all guys for your kind feedback!
I am thinking about printing it out on 3D printer maybe ~7 IN tall and painting.
It would be nice to make a series of Characters dedicated to Forgotten Realms, but it takes a lot of time.(This one took on and off about 3 months to compete)
Thank you all once again!

Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2017 :  12:08:15  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amazing, it actually looks like a figure as is. Print that bad boy out! Plans on doing the same for Artemis Entreri??

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

idilippy
Senior Scribe

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2017 :  15:17:59  Show Profile Send idilippy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, that is seriously impressive work.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2017 :  17:30:14  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

Amazing, it actually looks like a figure as is. Print that bad boy out! Plans on doing the same for Artemis Entreri??
I was actually thinking the exact same thing.

I usually hate 3D art, which is why I wasn't commenting, but I have to admit, even though this style isn't 'my thing', its an insanely impressive piece of work (because it looks like a photograph of a miniature, and not 3D art). Well done.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Ormson
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2017 :  17:35:53  Show Profile  Visit Ormson's Homepage Send Ormson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ha ha,Thank you!
I think I might.
For the next one I though of sculpting Drizzt Do'Urden because of you know..dual weld sabers and and sword stand posture could look dramatic in sculpture. But there all I need is a good and creative concept.
Artemis Entreri why not)

Edited by - Ormson on 20 Oct 2017 17:36:23
Go to Top of Page

Ormson
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2017 :  17:37:13  Show Profile  Visit Ormson's Homepage Send Ormson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by idilippy

Wow, that is seriously impressive work.

Thank you so much:)
Go to Top of Page

Ormson
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2017 :  17:47:28  Show Profile  Visit Ormson's Homepage Send Ormson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

quote:

I was actually thinking the exact same thing.

I usually hate 3D art, which is why I wasn't commenting, but I have to admit, even though this style isn't 'my thing', its an insanely impressive piece of work (because it looks like a photograph of a miniature, and not 3D art). Well done.

Thank you :)
I was aiming for realism rather than cartoony-fairytal'ish style.I naturally gravitate towards realism even in Fantasy.
Dont you agree that Robert Salvatore in his books, describes violence in a very realistic way..

Thank you once again Markustay:)
Go to Top of Page

froglegg
Learned Scribe

317 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2017 :  17:39:42  Show Profile Send froglegg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting this.

John

Long live Alias and Dragonbait! Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb the Realms need you more then ever!

On my word as a sage nothing within these pages is false, but not all of it may prove to be true. - Elminster of Shadowdale

The Old Grey Box gets better with age!
Go to Top of Page

Ormson
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2017 :  19:53:52  Show Profile  Visit Ormson's Homepage Send Ormson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by froglegg

Thanks for posting this.

John

Thank you John :)

Edited by - Ormson on 21 Oct 2017 19:54:33
Go to Top of Page

Martinsky
Acolyte

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2017 :  01:05:31  Show Profile Send Martinsky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesone I thinked it was a miniatures at first! It can make a good one or a virtual one, as virtual table top is the future. Even an holographic one!
You said 3 month but you put how many hour?
Go to Top of Page

Ormson
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2017 :  02:08:31  Show Profile  Visit Ormson's Homepage Send Ormson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Martinsky

Awesone I thinked it was a miniatures at first! It can make a good one or a virtual one, as virtual table top is the future. Even an holographic one!
You said 3 month but you put how many hour?

Hi Martinsky,
thank you for your feedback:)
I think I was done sculpting in about 1 month working a few hours a day here and there.
re-topology, baking maps, texturing and animation took the rest.

Edited by - Ormson on 25 Oct 2017 02:09:33
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000