Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 (Second Attempt) How should the canon be handled?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2017 :  15:37:00  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At the risk of sounding stupid, if the CKWiki is already up and running, could someone please provide a link?

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

BadCatMan
Senior Scribe

Australia
401 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2017 :  15:46:19  Show Profile Send BadCatMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://candlekeep.wikia.com/wiki/Candlekeep_Wiki

BadCatMan, B.Sc. (Hons), M.Sc.
Scientific technical editor
Head DM of the Realms of Adventure play-by-post community
Administrator of the Forgotten Realms Wiki
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2017 :  17:08:23  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you. I will check it out more thoroughly when I return home.

Go to Top of Page

Jeff Strix
Acolyte

Germany
21 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2017 :  21:05:14  Show Profile Send Jeff Strix a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Voted with "Yes". I don't thought that candlekeep-wiki already exists, thanks for link!
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2017 :  21:22:21  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its just a bunch of independent project for the moment. I hope new projects will begin to appear now. And that we can connect them all (though, for that, we will have to create the guidelines for the candlekanon first).

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2017 :  04:05:33  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't realize people were already contributing.

I guess my first 'piece' will be the maps, and something explaining the changes (although it will have to be pretty vague, if folks are going to be tackling every area independently).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Aldrick
Senior Scribe

909 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2017 :  04:18:12  Show Profile Send Aldrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I didn't realize people were already contributing.

I guess my first 'piece' will be the maps, and something explaining the changes (although it will have to be pretty vague, if folks are going to be tackling every area independently).

I would not say people are already contributing. We are just organizing our stuff in our individual namespace areas so that it can be ready to be shared with the entire community once it is time.
Go to Top of Page

Adhriva
Learned Scribe

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2017 :  06:34:16  Show Profile  Visit Adhriva's Homepage Send Adhriva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes - Nothing has been finalized or accepted as of yet. Everything on there is, at best, an organized draft of things we as individuals already know we would like to propose. No matter how elaborate it may seem, it's all an author draft that has not yet been accepted. They are our personal way of organizing, particularly larger scale projects from the looks of it, so the community to vote on at a later date. And if one person is writing about something in their own username space, that in no way means no one else can touch it or make a proposal about it. So something like the Eclipsed Empire project, which very heavily focuses on Cormanthor, does not mean I have some how claimed all Cormanthorian lore; that is not the case. Its me organizing what I wanted to propose because I have a great deal of information to put forward to the community one day and because of it's all heavily interconnected due to the narrative format it was created for. In no way are any of those pages a claim on the land and lore, nor is it in any way set in stone; It is at best notes the community can read if they happen to feel like it or it comes up for vote.

Even after articles get accepted, these user pages are exceptionally useful as a way of sharing behind the scenes information, especially in terms of where we were going with the ideas. In my example, there is plenty of information for 1550s Cormanthyr because that's when BALLAD OF THE DAWN took place - well after any present time we'll likely pick for the fanon. For articles that would touch on that post-present time frame, I can simply link at the bottom to the Username/ articles I'm creating now if people are interested. If they're not interested, they won't see that information on any page that got accepted and it never bothers them. As we move forward, people can who build on those articles can build towards, or away from, what ideas I had depending on how the community votes. Again, not set in stone, but accessible to the community. There could be multiple such pages for any article that people could draw on. Not all of them dealing with things like the future, some of them could simply be alternative ideas. In my case, concept art that didn't get selected.

They're not claims to areas or lore, they're not final, they're simply notes and unbound ideas. Don't let the fact there are already notes up on the wiki stymie the making of more notes!

Professional illustrator and comic book artist.
Portfolio

Edited by - Adhriva on 30 Jul 2017 09:57:15
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2017 :  21:10:15  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't even have anything yet XD

Go to Top of Page

Nilus Reynard
Learned Scribe

Canada
137 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2017 :  03:42:13  Show Profile Send Nilus Reynard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really am undecided on it, haven't given it alot of thought actually.

Nilus Reynard
Doom Master of Beshaba, Hand of Despair.
P24 Hm CN
(2nd Edition AD&D)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000