Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 yodeling campestri
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2017 :  13:50:38  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Yeah, my mind went somewhere weird again.... so we all know the little tiny mushroom folk from "Old Man Katan and the Mushroom Band". They're just cute as hell, but being so small..... can they actually yodel? I just had this picture of them a group of them where the party walks up, and there's one in the middle yodeling and the rest are working as backup singers. I mean, I guess I could have some rare myconid that's doing the yodeling whose clan was killed and he was "raised in the wild" by campestri.... though do myconids actually have voices? Guess it could be some wild dwarf or such as well. Not even sure why I'm asking, but now the ear worm is stuck in my ear...

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2017 :  01:47:54  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shriekers and Screamers (the monsters, not the bands) are fungal creatures (well, I suppose the bands might be, too, but that seems irrelevant here). Perhaps they have some affinity with yodelling myconids, even if only in a "back up vocals" kind of role.

That's all I got to offer - otherwise your post makes utterly no sense to me at all, lol.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2017 :  03:05:32  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They probably yodel like chipmunks. For whatever reason, I loved those ridiculous little critters.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2017 :  17:43:54  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure the Myconids would be clog-dancing to the Campestri yodeling.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2017 :  22:22:23  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

They probably yodel like chipmunks. For whatever reason, I loved those ridiculous little critters.

Yeah, that's what I was picturing. They're just not "big" enough to make the necessary pitch changes.

Oh, and Markustay, now I got a picture of square dancing myconids with campestri callers in my head.... though no one else can understand the calls the campestri are saying except for the myconids.

Yes, I have gone insane.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2017 :  03:08:28  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Yes, I have gone insane.

Its the 'shrooms. You need to cut back on them.

Stick with Peyote - its safer.

Now, if we took some Yellow Mold and sprinkled it onto some Myconids, would it taste anything like blue cheese over mushrooms? (one of my favorite salad-topping combos). Because if you are going to eat Fungus, you should have some mold to go with it.

And now I got that scene in an episode of One Piece stuck in my head. The one were the 'amazon women' never saw a man before, and were trying to remove the 'mushroom' growing from Luffy's body...

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000