Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Murghom, Tymanther & Akanùl
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ari
Acolyte

40 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2017 :  20:47:06  Show Profile Send Ari a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So, one of the "new" nations brought in by the Spellplague was the land of Abeiran genasi, the land of elemental extremes called Akan#363;l. At the "same time", Murghom had been accruing a number of very metropolitan dragon lordlings offering guidance, protection and not-killing-you to the cities and populace of the region. How does that even kind of square with the Akan#363;lians? They left a land ruled by tyrannical dragons and now are seeing the seeds of the same thing in front of their faces?

To say nothing with how fine Tymanther's dragonborn were about it. Distance aside that sounds like a recipe for constant hostility at least, open war at most. Though instead they fought with the genasi...because they were closer?

Did any of you do anything with that?

Mapolq
Senior Scribe

Brazil
466 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2017 :  03:18:01  Show Profile Send Mapolq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't believe much was written about the development of those nations in the "lost century", so you could go with tension if you think it's plausible and interesting. But I would point out that Murghôm and Akanûl are separated by about 1,000 miles, one large sea and a few empires. People from Akanûl would probably have lots of things to worry about in their new environment before thinking about messing with a distant nation.

Never sleep under the jackfruit tree.

Tales of Moonsea - A Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World. Check out our website at http://www.talesofmoonsea.com and our video trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am304WqOAAo&feature=youtu.be, as well as our thread here at Candlekeep: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12955

My campaign thread: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16447
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11691 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2017 :  13:35:10  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
never did anything with it, but bear in mind that for the dragonborn of Tymanther, they were suddenly cut off from all of their existing support. They had to build new cities (which granted they had magical aid). I'm sure they were upset to see Murghom... probably just as upset as they were to know of Laerakond when they were in Abeir... and just like when they were in Abeir they didn't attack just because they didn't like something.

I would imagine though that those two countries would not share dignitaries, nor conduct trade except through an intermediary. SOME of the dragonborn might travel there, but I see most of them seeing that as a means to tempt the dragons to attack their homes. In this case, the old statement "let sleeping dragons lie" is very appropriate.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2019 :  00:11:03  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pretty old topic, but... *raise dead spell*

Akanûl is not all that concerned about Murghôm because in Abeir they didn't faced a dragon tyrant (at least in recent history). They faced an elemental tyrant, Karshimis the primordial. So, the Akanûlans are more concerned about Calimshan, that they see as basically the Torilian version of Shyr.

Tymanther is a more closer enemy for Akanûl (as Tymanchebar was an enemy of Shyr in Abeir), and the only thing that avoided a dragonborn vs genasi war is that Chessenta is in the middle of the two countries and acted as some sort of deterrent for an all-out-war.

As sleyvas said, Tymanther wasn't amused with Murghôm, but as Murghôm never threatened Tymanther, they let the sleeping dragons sleep. Tymanther just focused on their turf, building their pyramidal cities (that took a lot time and resources, even with magical help).

Now, the Second Sundering has dissolved Chessenta into warring city-states without a central goverment again, what means that a war can happen... If not for the fact that Tchazzar is right there in Erebos, a more inmediate threat for Akanûl than Tymanther, Murghôm or Calimsham. Likewise, Tymanther has its hands full dealing with returned Unther.

With the return of Unther and Mulhorand, and the fact that Chessenta dissolved again into civil war, I guess that the stability of the Old Empires area is about to crumble at any moment.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 21 Mar 2019 00:26:17
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000