Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Where to start?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Noonien
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2017 :  13:54:55  Show Profile Send Noonien a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Dear Masters,

I am an experienced D&D master, playing around 25 years now.
Most time we played original D&D (red, blue, black ..).
Now I want to start with Forgotten Realms (only the setting , not the AD&D rules).
At the moment the players in my group are around level 5.
What area would you suggest to start in?
Would be nice if there are good maps available for the region, so that I can plan my 1st adventure in Faerun.

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2017 :  14:21:41  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Sword Coast and the North are the only areas receiving concentrated 5E support from WotC so that would likely be the best place.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2017 :  18:37:46  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd suggest picking up Storm King's Thunder, which acts as the 5e campaign guide, pretty much (at least, for the western Heartlands).

As for a start adventure (also set in that same region), I'd go with Lost Mines of Phandelver - I ran my boys through that and it was good. It also places your players around Neverwinter, which seems to be the focal point of 5e.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2017 :  18:58:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you mean the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide and not Storm King's Thunder, Markus.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000