Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Polyhedron
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Evrat
Acolyte

France
45 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2017 :  18:11:09  Show Profile Send Evrat a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi everyone,

Any chance to find somewhere the old Polyhedrons as .pdf for free and legally ?

Thanks !

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2017 :  18:23:36  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In a word. . . no.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2017 :  19:18:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did find them, once, on what appeared to be a legitimate site... But I didn't download them, immediately, and when I went back to the site, it was still there, but the Polyhedrons were not. And I've not found those pdfs anywhere for sale.

So it certainly appears that they are not legally available as pdfs, regardless of whether or not money is changing hands.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Thoth
Acolyte

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2017 :  11:46:08  Show Profile Send Thoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, now there is a trip through nostalgia. I don't think I have ever seen them for sale, legally, anywhere. And I would never ever recommend taking a look at torrent sites to see if they exist there because that would be wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2017 :  22:24:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Old issues of Polyhedron and so on are ambiguously legal to distribute (and I wouldn't if you're worried about legality.) At one point archive.org scanned and uploaded the entire run (along with Dragon and Dungeon) as part of their legal library efforts to preserve periodicals. WotC contacted them and asked them to take them down (as unlike most of the other periodicals that were archived, Dragon and Dungeon were still going efforts with commercial value.) Scans that you see on the Internet of Polyhedron largely date from this effort, I expect.

Because of this, anyone with copies of Polyhedron downloaded from archive.org would legally have those; sharing them wouldn't be legal under US law as I understand it though. Same for Dragon and Dungeon; those are now available for purchase through D&D Classics, however.

Of course, I am not a lawyer but this is how I understand it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000