Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Dwarf Clan in the Giants Run Mountains
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PowerAttack
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2017 :  22:14:32  Show Profile Send PowerAttack a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
HELP!! ARRGGGHHH!!
So, Im balls deep in lore about the Dragon Coast. Prepping a campaign centered on Teziir, 1370s DR. I SWEAR at some point I saw a reference to an active dwarven clan mining in the Giant's Run Mountains (it even said the mine was not very productive). I was too tipsy/tired/lazy to copy paste it into my notes. Now Ive spent 2 days trying to find that tidbit again, BUT ITS GONE!!!
Im not talking about ancient lost dwarven clans, but one that was active in the 14th century.
I have no problem making up my own clan and sticking it where I need it, but since I came across one, Im just infinitely frustrated that I cant find it again to stay true to published material.
Thank you for even reading this. May you be blessed with infinite game-karma if you actually know what the hell Im talking about and can point me in the right direction.

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2017 :  22:32:10  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The 3e FRCS and Races of Faerun talks about a gold dwarven colony there, looking to build a stronghold. Though Cairnheim and the Dodkong also operate there, so who knows how that will go... can't find anything about a mine specifically, sorry.

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North
Go to Top of Page

PowerAttack
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2017 :  00:51:10  Show Profile Send PowerAttack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks! Yeah, I saw the thing about Gold Dwarves there, with little specifics. Not what Im looking for tho. The quest for realmslore continues!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2017 :  01:18:14  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought for a moment you may have been referring to Quarrelshigh, which is a gnomish clan/city, but thats over in the Troll Mountains to the west. I've got nothing on the Giant's Run (and there are a few locales in those mountains that appear in the FRIA that don't appear anywhere else, so I'd love to know where they came from).

Breakback Pass (in the Giant's Run) faces the Wailing Dwarf in the Troll Mnts., and according to the Wiki, the mine(s) that were there were abandoned because they broke through to the Underdark and unleashed drow and illithids. I thought I recall reading somewhere that dwarves meant to retake the Wailing Dwarf, and maybe thats what you are remembering? I know I always get those two mountain chains mixed up.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 19 Mar 2017 01:19:33
Go to Top of Page

Wrigley
Senior Scribe

Czech Republic
605 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2017 :  08:14:07  Show Profile  Visit Wrigley's Homepage Send Wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It seems to me that clan Duergar were formerly in this region so there might still be some duergar colonies/reclaimed mines active today... but I haven't found reference you mentioned.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000