Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Prep for game - Storm Giant's shotgun -feedback?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shades of eternity
Learned Scribe

288 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2017 :  14:15:14  Show Profile  Visit shades of eternity's Homepage Send shades of eternity a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Warning

This game is going to be a test of modern equipment in the forgotten realms among other things, so purists might not like this.

I'm going to be doing something something a little different and would love to use you guys as a sounding board and feedback.

The Game's name is Storm Giant's Shotgun.

The main purpose of it is to try out ultramodern 5 using the canned adventure storm giant's thunder.

The premise is as follows:

"The party are a SG unit (basically stargate, but want to give it a snappy title that's public domain), that was solicited by SG's contact on the planet: a gnomish village to be named (and hopefully mapped later) whom decide to take matters into their own hands.

They of course deploy a 4 person team onto Toril to investigate and deal with the issue.

This of course have the following questions:

1. How much overall support should they have? I want it fairly limited, but think so far I have the following:

i. best way to have modern equipment show up. I'm so far using a "tag an artefact" system which allows artifacts to be sent back to Cheyenne and in return the equivalent rarity of modern weapons back. They do have the option to keep the artifacts if they deem necessary, thus giving them options.
ii. the gnomes are tech support, but they cost money to keep their equipment in working order. They also can be called up to "babysit" their vehicle as necessary (assuming they getone).

any other missing points?

2. Any descent girded military maps. I mainly want a training facility to test stuff out before they drop.

3. still trying to tighten up the connective tissue from Cheyenne mountain to Toril. Once it's gets going, I have the maps for storm giants, just seeing what else I should have to find/add.

4. anything I should be aware of from storm giants that would dove tail nicely into this concept. still reading over the module.

thanks in advance.

check out my post-post apocalyptic world at www.drevrpg.com

shades of eternity
Learned Scribe

288 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2017 :  16:57:57  Show Profile  Visit shades of eternity's Homepage Send shades of eternity a Private Message  Reply with Quote

btw, the game will be on the following link about 5:00 pm mst

https://www.twitch.tv/rpglory

enjoy either the awesome experience or the awesome failure. :p

check out my post-post apocalyptic world at www.drevrpg.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000