Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 GenCon 2017
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2017 :  16:29:20  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

As it happens, I will be attending Get Con 2017 after all. I'll post my schedule as soon as it's nailed down. Hope to see many of you there!

Hurray! We're finally going to get the chance to meet face to face! :D

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2394 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2017 :  20:27:34  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A quick note about Gen Con book signings: I won't have any books available for sale at the con, but I'm happy to sign old stuff. I will also have bookplates for people who (quite understandably) don't want to schlepp books around.

Hope to see many of you there!
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2394 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2017 :  20:29:02  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's my schedule for Gen Con.

Gen Con 2017, August 16-19

Thursday, August 17:

9:00 – Writers’ Symposium Opening Ceremony
10:00 – Story Craft: Where Do You Begin Your Story? A panel discussion with Cat Rambo, Brian McClellan, and Eric Flint.
2:00 – Worldbuilding: Magic Systems that Won’t Break Your Story. With Monica Valentinelli, James Lowder, and Richard Lee Byers.
4:00 – Worldbuilding: Creating Fantasy Cultures. With Mary Robinette Kowal, Gregory Wilson, Sandra Tayler, and Lucy Snyder.

Friday, August 18

10:00 – Worldbuilding 101. With Richard Lee Byers.
12:00 – Signing. With Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman, and James Lowder.
1:00-5:00 – Worldbuilders Party. A gaming event organized by Worldbuilders, Patrick Rothfuss’s charitable organization. I’ll be running “Lords of Waterdeep” from 3:45-5:00.

Saturday, August 19

10:00 – Worldbuilding 101. With Monica Valentinelli, James Lowder, and Steven Long.
1:00 – Special Event: Superstars of RPG Fiction. With Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman, and James Lowder.
4:00 – Fantasy Fiction: Getting European Medieval Fantasy Right. With Josh Vogt and Eric Scott de Bie.
5:00 – Writer’s Craft: Setting as a Character. With Lucy Snyder and Gregory Wilson.
7:00 – Worldbuilding: More than Just Another Earth. With Maxwell Alexander Drake and Ilana C. Myer.
8:00-10:00 – Candlekeep Seminar
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2017 :  01:55:57  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

A quick note about Gen Con book signings: I won't have any books available for sale at the con, but I'm happy to sign old stuff. I will also have bookplates for people who (quite understandably) don't want to schlepp books around.

Hope to see many of you there!

Well, I have my copy of Elfshadow I've been lugging with my case a few times now for you to sign. When on Saturday would be the best time to approach you to sign it?

Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2394 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2017 :  02:20:03  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf

Well, I have my copy of Elfshadow I've been lugging with my case a few times now for you to sign. When on Saturday would be the best time to approach you to sign it?

I'll be at the Candlekeep Seminar from 8 to 10(ish) on Saturday evening, and there's a scheduled group signing on Friday at noon, but really, pretty much any time is fine. There are a few panels scheduled back to back, so occasionally I might be running from one place to another, but even that shouldn't be a problem.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2017 :  11:40:57  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I've just finished my handout for the Candlekeep Seminar and sent it through to Brian Cortijo and Erik Scott de Bie. I'll see what I can do to have it uploaded here at the 'Keep after the Seminar occurs. Here's hoping that those guys can get it printed to hand out to everyone that attends. To all those who get to the seminar - enjoy! - and as always, feedback is welcome on the handout.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2017 :  13:43:22  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, my dad and I FINALLY landed in Indianapolis Airport around 11. We got to our hotel around midnight. Just got up not too long ago. Will be picking up our passes later today. All I know is it still may be a long day for my dad. Will see you guys at the seminar tonight. I just pray any of us flying back out don't get caught in any more storms and get stuck in the airport again.

Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2017 :  12:40:43  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That was a great seminar last night. Unfortunately, I may not be coming next year. It depends on the prospects for my family next year. It was great to have met James Lowder and Elaine and met my other author buddies again. Until we meet again, friends, findar. ;)

Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2017 :  03:40:23  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't suppose anyone that attended was able to record the seminar (assuming that was allowed in the first place)?
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2017 :  06:59:08  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So can anyone tell me what George's handout was called/about.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2017 :  19:11:01  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

So can anyone tell me what George's handout was called/about.

It essentially gave a name, story & statistics to the guy that was on the cover of the classic Gray Box.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2017 :  19:35:40  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dûd Onahorz?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2017 :  02:01:05  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Daoud yn Ahorz actually. He's a priest of Hoar/Assuran. Ahorz is the name of that deity in the lands of the South. The shield he bears is one of Halaster's demonshields - Cherumtaar.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2017 :  03:08:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And it is, as one would expect, pure Krash goodness.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2017 :  03:17:43  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OMG... I can't believe you've canonized that (sort-of). Thats priceless.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2017 :  02:07:01  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Daoud yn Ahorz actually. He's a priest of Hoar/Assuran. Ahorz is the name of that deity in the lands of the South. The shield he bears is one of Halaster's demonshields - Cherumtaar.

-- George Krashos

Ok, no fair... I know I JUST sent to my PM like five minutes ago, but I want to read this.... why don't I have it yet?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2017 :  05:15:04  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas
Ok, no fair... I know I JUST sent to my PM like five minutes ago, but I want to read this.... why don't I have it yet?

You should now have it.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2017 :  13:27:48  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

You should now have it.

-- George Krashos

Thanks George. I'm curious on this piece of Emastas. Is there any lore to it that I'm missing, or did you make it up just to make Hoar have some extra aliases. BTW, love the javelin of lightning commonality.

Worshipped as Assuran in the lands of Unther and Chessenta and Emastas in the environs of the Unapproachable East, he is is known as Ahorz in the lands of the Imperial South where his symbol is a white, five-pointed star.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 28 Aug 2017 17:28:21
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2017 :  23:23:31  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As is my wont, I just made ... stuff ... up. No canonical reference but I've always been a fan of divine aliases and keeping the gods multi-faceted and mysterious.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2017 :  02:31:22  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

As is my wont, I just made ... stuff ... up. No canonical reference but I've always been a fan of divine aliases and keeping the gods multi-faceted and mysterious.

-- George Krashos

Getting that way myself. Starting to use more and more of the "people wonder if X is Y" in things I write up. I have my personal views, but those don't have to be definites.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2017 :  03:18:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is your offering eventually going to be on the DM's Guild, Krash? I'd love to have a digital copy.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2017 :  11:22:12  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Is your offering eventually going to be on the DM's Guild, Krash? I'd love to have a digital copy.

Given that it has multi-edition stats, I don't think it's suitable for the Guild. Send me a pm with your e-mail and I'll send you a PDF (amended slightly too - after I sent it through I spotted a few tweaks that needed to be made).

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2017 :  10:21:04  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, I've just finished my handout for the Candlekeep Seminar and sent it through to Brian Cortijo and Erik Scott de Bie. I'll see what I can do to have it uploaded here at the 'Keep after the Seminar occurs. Here's hoping that those guys can get it printed to hand out to everyone that attends. To all those who get to the seminar - enjoy! - and as always, feedback is welcome on the handout.

-- George Krashos

Well met

If you're happy to get this hosted up in Candlekeep, George, then please email it over to me and i'll get this done

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2017 :  15:23:24  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've sent Wooly a copy. Happy for it to be hosted here.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2017 :  18:17:29  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I've sent Wooly a copy. Happy for it to be hosted here.

-- George Krashos

I've forwarded that email on to Big Al.

Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2017 :  03:09:48  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did this get hosted yet? If so, where might I find a link? :D
Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

499 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2017 :  14:24:49  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would love to hear the blow by blow or about favorite events. I have always wanted to attend but never seem to get there for one reason or another.

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2017 :  04:19:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So... There were actually two handouts, this year. Erik Menge, one of the guys behind Menzoberranzan: City of Intrigue, had a handout, as well. And I just discovered that he posted a link to that handout on another forum. Here's the link to the discussion, which includes a link to the file:

http://www.eilistraee.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=60627

I'm posting the link to the forum itself, instead of the file, so people can read his post about it.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 21 Sep 2017 04:21:06
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2017 :  17:17:19  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And my article is now up at the 'Keep in the Traveler's Notebook section. Now to read Erik's stuff ...

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000