Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 GenCon 2017
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2017 :  17:12:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Roll call! Who is planning on going?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2017 :  07:17:14  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was planning on getting there and now other people's travel plans have torpedoed that idea. 2018 it is!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 31 Jan 2017 07:17:30
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2017 :  10:11:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
D'oh! I was looking forward to meeting you in the flesh!

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2017 :  12:33:15  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If it weren't for your location on the other side of the planet, I'd swing by and get you on the way, GK!

I'm going this year!

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

EltonRobb
Seeker

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2017 :  17:32:53  Show Profile Send EltonRobb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Roll call! Who is planning on going?

It's in my plans.
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2017 :  23:03:22  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No plans to attend Gen Con this year, but I'm strongly considering going to PAX Unplugged in November.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2017 :  01:53:48  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm wrestling with the idea of getting to Gamehole in Madison WI in November ... but have to talk to the "crew" first and exmaine the logistics.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2017 :  05:53:07  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Life events have done a scorched earth policy on any plans I had for this year, as much as I wanted to be there.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2017 :  19:29:00  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If all continues to go well, I'll be there this year also! Looking forward to seeing you again, Wooly! Delwa, I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it this year. I really enjoyed meeting you at the 2015 GenCon!

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Galadhion
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2017 :  05:41:48  Show Profile  Visit Galadhion's Homepage Send Galadhion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be there! I'll have a table in Author's Avenue, and I'll be helping out Brian and Erik for the seminarl.

Eric Menge
Game Designer / Writer
www.mythmakers.com
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2017 :  15:37:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of authors going, I found out the other day my friend and author Beth Cato will be there, doing the Author's Symposium. This is particularly cool for me, because despite the fact that we've been chatting online for years -- long before she even tried to take up writing as a profession -- we've never actually met. It'll be cool to finally meet her.

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2017 :  16:48:34  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there a Candlekeep Presents this year? I haven't heard anything and it's not listed in the Events on the GenCon site.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2017 :  16:52:32  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Is there a Candlekeep Presents this year? I haven't heard anything and it's not listed in the Events on the GenCon site.

Nevermind, I finally found it. SEM17103840 (click here!)

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2017 :  18:36:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I downloaded the spreadsheet and searched for "Candlekeep" on it.

I do the spreadsheet to narrow down to merely a bunch of choices, then play with timeframes to work everything in.

...And it also let me search for my friend Beth's name; she wasn't kidding when she said she had a full schedule. They've got her in several of the Writers' Symposium events.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 17 May 2017 18:38:54
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2017 :  00:12:17  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I do the spreadsheet to narrow down to merely a bunch of choices, then play with timeframes to work everything in.

...And it also let me search for my friend Beth's name; she wasn't kidding when she said she had a full schedule. They've got her in several of the Writers' Symposium events.

I have to admit, the Wishlist on the site is pretty nice too, you can sort it by the event's time/date to see what's blocked out.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2017 :  11:23:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:

I have to admit, the Wishlist on the site is pretty nice too, you can sort it by the event's time/date to see what's blocked out.

I've not tried it... I download the spreadsheet so I can first remove all the stuff that requires prior experience, then I can go thru and flag everything that looks even remotely interesting, then I can start paring that list down and looking for what will fit into what open time slot. So I wind up looking at dozens of events, and then whittle that down to something manageable.

Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2017 :  22:12:29  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be there. My dad decided he's not participating in this year's seminar. He's in for a long wait. If only I could encourage him to read or get into some other activity while he waits.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2017 :  22:32:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf

I'll be there. My dad decided he's not participating in this year's seminar. He's in for a long wait. If only I could encourage him to read or get into some other activity while he waits.

My buddy CallMeGene has, I believe, attended the D20 Burlesque, which was scheduled at the same time, the last couple of years. Obviously, that's not the only potential activity, but from what I hear, it's a fun one.

Go to Top of Page

mastermustard
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2017 :  23:30:37  Show Profile Send mastermustard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I probably won't be able to attend until 2021, unfortunately.
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2017 :  16:11:16  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

[quote]Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf
My buddy CallMeGene has, I believe, attended the D20 Burlesque, which was scheduled at the same time, the last couple of years. Obviously, that's not the only potential activity, but from what I hear, it's a fun one.

He's not into that type of stuff. He doesn't care to watch women in such a manner. A car auction, though, might catch his attention.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2017 :  18:24:42  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to, but I have no one to go with, and I am already going to another con later this year. I can't afford both.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2017 :  03:14:40  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

I would like to, but I have no one to go with, and I am already going to another con later this year. I can't afford both.

First time I went to GENCON I didn't go with anyone, but I knew people from online. The Candlekeepers now do an informal get-together organised by SteelGandalf and everyone is super friendly. Take a chance one day.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2017 :  03:55:09  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:

First time I went to GENCON I didn't go with anyone, but I knew people from online. The Candlekeepers now do an informal get-together organised by SteelGandalf and everyone is super friendly. Take a chance one day.

-- George Krashos

Thanks :) I hope to go one day. I feel like I miss out on good stuff.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2017 :  04:21:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

-- George Krashos

Me and CallMeGene go together, though we generally split up as soon as we're through the doors -- he's more into minis gaming than I, and I'm more into the RPG stuff than he is. (He's also far more sociable than I)

This year, I'm looking forward to meeting the author Beth Cato at GenCon -- she and I have been online friends since long before she decided to take up writing, but we've never met in the flesh. So meeting up with her is going to be cool.

I've also met a lot of Candlekeep folks there, either at that bar where I was introduced to pineapple cider (drinking a bottle right now!) or at the Candlekeep seminar. Last year, I geeked out when I found out Mike Schley was sitting right behind me, and proved my fanhood to him by whipping out my tablet to show that his map of the Realms was the lock screen wallpaper.

Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2017 :  05:16:09  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You all are making me jelly lol

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2395 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2017 :  02:24:57  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As it happens, I will be attending Get Con 2017 after all. I'll post my schedule as soon as it's nailed down. Hope to see many of you there!

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2017 :  01:04:04  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great news Elaine. Hope this doesn't mean that 2018 is now no longer a possibility ...

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2395 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2017 :  15:43:26  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Great news Elaine. Hope this doesn't mean that 2018 is now no longer a possibility ...

I haven't ruled it out.
Go to Top of Page

angerZen
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2017 :  02:21:47  Show Profile Send angerZen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My wife (Graidh) and I will be there again this year...and as in past years, I am planning on photo-documenting the Candlekeep seminar for everyone who was able (and unable) to attend to enjoy later.

Just as in past years, I will be creating a google photos album with free download access for everyone. I'll post a link to the forum, after Gencon (and I've had time to recover and 'develop' the photos!).

Our badges and event tickets arrived in the mail a couple of days ago, so now we are officially excited!

-Travis

Edited by - angerZen on 11 Jul 2017 02:22:53
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2017 :  02:38:29  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now I really wish I was going lol. It would be nice to meet some fellow scribes.

Edited by - CorellonsDevout on 11 Jul 2017 02:39:34
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2395 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2017 :  18:31:55  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's a link to my Gen Con schedule. Hope to see many of you there!

http://www.elainecunningham.com/conventions/gen-con-schedule/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000