Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Can I be a moderator?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2016 :  18:27:06  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I would like to be a moderator? Is that possible?

Thanks

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2016 :  19:11:12  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I would expect that Big Al looks at the need and the history of each user. There has not been any indication that an additional moderator is needed. In my experience becoming a moderator is based on being asked, not asking to become one.
For the space I moderate I would be very reluctant to appoint some one that asked me for the right and power to oversee a website.
Of course for Candlekeep it is up to Big Al and the current moderation team to provide feedback. Such discussions clearly would not be conducted openly on Candlekeep.
Nor is becoming a moderator a item of discussion or voting of the members. A long time ago a few people tried to have me elected to replace a missing moderator. I declined the offer and the current moderators did not ever consider me even when they decided to turn over controls to another user.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2016 :  19:25:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankfully, this site usually doesn't need much in the line of moderation. I'm quite happy about the fact that I don't often have to put on my mod hat (I get bad hathead if any headgear comes within 12 inches of my scalp! )

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 10 Nov 2016 19:25:39
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2016 :  21:04:20  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was a mod once, over at Gamewinners for a year - it was AWFUL!

Fortunately, THIS site doesn't need 1/1000th the moderation that site did. Mostly they just chase gremlins and try to peek up THO's skirt.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2016 :  21:13:14  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Thank ye for thine interest, Shadowsoul.

As our fellow scribe Kentinal states, moderators are invited by the moderator team after much discussion and consideration. Currently, (and after recent discussions, in fact), we do not see a requirement for additional moderators.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2016 :  21:47:42  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I was a mod once, over at Gamewinners for a year - it was AWFUL!

Fortunately, THIS site doesn't need 1/1000th the moderation that site did. Mostly they just chase gremlins and try to peek up THO's skirt.

What's really funny is when they chase gremlins up THO's skirt. The way she jumps around... its hilarious.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2016 :  23:35:12  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

Thank ye for thine interest, Shadowsoul.

As our fellow scribe Kentinal states, moderators are invited by the moderator team after much discussion and consideration. Currently, (and after recent discussions, in fact), we do not see a requirement for additional moderators.

Thanks for the reply Alaundo! I just figured I would ask. Well if you ever do need another Mod I will gladly offer my services.

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2016 :  13:56:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Tis much appreciated Shadowsoul. I suppose it is fortunate that the bygone days when Wooly and I were often active almost on a daily basis handling moderation duties, has long since fallen away. The most times when further moderation was needed, was back in the period of 4e... but with the advent of 5e, and the lessening traffic here, Wooly and I seem able enough to manage with any problems that crop up.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000