Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Name of Aurune for small continent above Anchorome
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2016 :  23:47:48  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So, it has become generally accepted that Anchorome is the larger section of the continent that connects with Maztica. Slightly above and to the west of it is a continent known as Aurune according to a map Markustay had put together. Anyone know the source of that name (I know that he had said something about Ed in a previous thread from years ago here). I'm just wondering if there's ever actually been something more than Markustay saying so, in case there's any kind of lore to go with it.

I do see where Candlekeep Compendium IV in an article by Brian R. James names the island near this one Myrmidune (which makes it canon to me)and makes it full of dragons. So, this makes these two islands a great place for the northmen to have come from and having had a conflict with dragons (somewhat like Council of Wyrms). This land of Aurune fits with possibly where the Metahel came from for the City of Gold adventure (i.e. they're fishermen / whalers that landed here long ago from a place where they built long lodge houses made of logs), though that could also be the unknown lands directly to the west of Anchorome too.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2017 :  21:54:42  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Second to the last post on the page - Don't know how I missed this when it was 'fresh'. Ed named it (and other stuff), not me. One of these days I have to go back through all of Ed's responses to me - I lost my originals notes, and he gave me hundreds of names & loacels over the years

And I only found THIS THREAD because I searched for the word 'Northmen'. This one is newer, but I'll post in another, rather than put my thing here, because its really not relevant.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000